My wife and I just returned from a week at Le Domaine. As our children are now grown, we're at the time in our lives able to enjoy trips like this.
As many others have mentioned the beach is wonderful, the small bars and restaurants for lunch and rum drinks were wonderful and we found many of the staff were French ExPats and pleased to talk about their experiences at home and on St martin and offer ideas on activities we should try. We had a rental car so explored differnt beaches but would return to Anse Marcel as our favorite.
The French side of the island had a extended power outage on our second day and the staff worked through it with smiles and set out a large breakfast for all of us, camping style.
We found the room clean and comfortable, our deck perfect for sitting out with wine and people watching the water pressure and hot water was fine. The Radisson next door was more modern, maybe more luxurious but about twice the price---
As we visited different parts of the island, we found the secluded spot at Le Domaine to be just right- we cabbed down to grand case for great/ inexpensive dinners a couple nights-- (didn't want to drive up the hill in the dark after dinner and drinks).
We met Ariane (another Parisien) and had chance to chat near the end of our trip-- She's a manager and we complemented her on her facility and staff. She was a pleasure and seemed very sincere and grateful for the kind words as she had just read a not so glowing trip advisor review and believe me she takes pride in her hotel takes the poor reviews personally. I shared our opinion from reading many reviews that there is just no pleasing some folks-- no matter how hard you tried.
Pleased to recommend the hotel to families with children, young couples and us 50ish couples. was hard to leave and we look forward to returning next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the North of the Island of Saint Martin, in the FrenchWest Indies, in the magnificent bay of Anse Marcel, the Domainede Lonvilliers is a blend of Creole charm and refinement.The Hotel consists of 5 buildings in the Creole style in the heart of alush tropical garden, bordered by a beautiful white sandy beach.Our restaurants :La Table du Marché, Leroys Kfé, the Beach club and the Beach Barin addition to our Ti Snack welcome you every day in a heavenlysetting at the edge of the Caribbean sea.Close by, you will find a charming little leisure port/marina withshops and boutiques.The relaxed but exclusive atmosphere of the Domaine de Lonvilliersinvites you to experience a unique environment. The Domaine deLonvillier is the ideal place for your relaxing holidays in an idyllicsetting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL and Otel so you can book your Le Domaine Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Domaine De Lonvilliers Hotel Anse Marcel
- Le Domaine Hotel
- Le Domaine Beach Resort & Spa St Maarten-St Martin/Anse Marcel