On the positive, it is very clean and located on a very nice beach on the nicest bay on the island.
That said, this is pretty much a 3 star hotel, most definitely not the 4 star they claim to be. The rooms are very basic, with cheap, and basic furnishings and decor. The King bed was 2 twin mattresses put together so there is a gap running right down the middle. The grounds are not well kept, there are a lot of unburied hoses and cables running through the minimal landscaping and broken fixtures are found throughout the grounds.
Internet- I guess they have it, but it is an exercise in futility it is so spotty. It cuts in and out several times a minute. It's better in the middle of the day when everyone is at the beach, so I am guessing they just don't have enough bandwidth.
They do have food and beverage service on site, but it is ridiculously expensive for very basic food. Breakfast is 15 Euro ($20) for a sad little buffet. Not much improvement over the free buffet at a Hampton Inn in the States. The bread and pastries were very good as you would expect from a French property.
The lunch menu, don't even bother. I paid 18 Euro for a plate of pasta, that was a handful of rigatoni straight out of a box, served with a plain red sauce probably straight out of a jar. That was it, nothing else for $23.
The good news is for dinner Grand Case is a very short drive with fantastic restaurants right on the beach for less money. I guess you could do the same for lunch. There is not a single lunch option at the hotel for under $20 and most are in the $30-40 range and very disappointing.
I guess to sum it up: If you find a great rate and don't plan on using anything other than their beach, it's not an all together horrible option. Just realize that it is definitely a 3 Star Hotel at best, not the 4 Star that they advertise.
- Also Known As:
- Le Domaine De Lonvilliers Hotel
- Le Domaine De Lonvilliers Hotel Anse Marcel
- Le Domaine Hotel
- Le Domaine De Lonvilliers St Maarten-St Martin/Anse Marcel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the North of the Island of Saint Martin, in the FrenchWest Indies, in the magnificent bay of Anse Marcel, the Domainede Lonvilliers is a blend of Creole charm and refinement.The Hotel consists of 5 buildings in the Creole style in the heart of alush tropical garden, bordered by a beautiful white sandy beach.Our restaurants :La Table du Marché, Leroys Kfé, the Beach club and the Beach Barin addition to our Ti Snack welcome you every day in a heavenlysetting at the edge of the Caribbean sea.Close by, you will find a charming little leisure port/marina withshops and boutiques.The relaxed but exclusive atmosphere of the Domaine de Lonvilliersinvites you to experience a unique environment. The Domaine deLonvillier is the ideal place for your relaxing holidays in an idyllicsetting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Le Domaine de Lonvilliers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.