On the positive, it is very clean and located on a very nice beach on the nicest bay on the island.
That said, this is pretty much a 3 star hotel, most definitely not the 4 star they claim to be. The rooms are very basic, with cheap, and basic furnishings and decor. The King bed was 2 twin mattresses put together so there is a gap running right down the middle. The grounds are not well kept, there are a lot of unburied hoses and cables running through the minimal landscaping and broken fixtures are found throughout the grounds.
Internet- I guess they have it, but it is an exercise in futility it is so spotty. It cuts in and out several times a minute. It's better in the middle of the day when everyone is at the beach, so I am guessing they just don't have enough bandwidth.
They do have food and beverage service on site, but it is ridiculously expensive for very basic food. Breakfast is 15 Euro ($20) for a sad little buffet. Not much improvement over the free buffet at a Hampton Inn in the States. The bread and pastries were very good as you would expect from a French property.
The lunch menu, don't even bother. I paid 18 Euro for a plate of pasta, that was a handful of rigatoni straight out of a box, served with a plain red sauce probably straight out of a jar. That was it, nothing else for $23.
The good news is for dinner Grand Case is a very short drive with fantastic restaurants right on the beach for less money. I guess you could do the same for lunch. There is not a single lunch option at the hotel for under $20 and most are in the $30-40 range and very disappointing.
I guess to sum it up: If you find a great rate and don't plan on using anything other than their beach, it's not an all together horrible option. Just realize that it is definitely a 3 Star Hotel at best, not the 4 Star that they advertise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the North of the Island of Saint Martin, in the FrenchWest Indies, in the magnificent bay of Anse Marcel, the Domainede Lonvilliers is a blend of Creole charm and refinement.The Hotel consists of 5 buildings in the Creole style in the heart of alush tropical garden, bordered by a beautiful white sandy beach.Our restaurants :La Table du Marché, Leroys Kfé, the Beach club and the Beach Barin addition to our Ti Snack welcome you every day in a heavenlysetting at the edge of the Caribbean sea.Close by, you will find a charming little leisure port/marina withshops and boutiques.The relaxed but exclusive atmosphere of the Domaine de Lonvilliersinvites you to experience a unique environment. The Domaine deLonvillier is the ideal place for your relaxing holidays in an idyllicsetting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Le Domaine Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Domaine De Lonvilliers Hotel Anse Marcel
- Le Domaine Hotel
- Le Domaine Beach Resort & Spa St. Maarten-St. Martin/Anse Marcel