We arrived at the hotel and we were very efficiently checked in. The staff was business like but not overly friendly. The grounds were nice and the beach was very beautiful. There were plenty of very comfortable lounge chairs and umbrellas for the guests. We spent many happy hours there. The room however, was not exactly luxurious. The beds were hard as a rock and not very comfortable to sleep on. The large bathtub was nice but it would have been better if there was a shower to go with it. We turned on the hot water to the bathtub and it would not warmup. We called the front desk and to their credit they came very quickly and determined that the hot water was connected to the cold water tap and vice-versa! The room was very clean and there was a nice little veranda outside where a snack and a nice bottle of wine could be enjoyed. As the place was off the beaten track there were no close options for food so if we wanted to eat there we had to drive to a restaurant or eat their very overpriced food (even by St. Martin standards). We tried breakfast one morning and it was not very good and there were no options other than the full breakfast. The staff seemed annoyed when we asked to just have coffee (which came out of an automatic machine and was terrible! This is part of France after all and we expeceted good, strong coffee).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the North of the Island of Saint Martin, in the FrenchWest Indies, in the magnificent bay of Anse Marcel, the Domainede Lonvilliers is a blend of Creole charm and refinement.The Hotel consists of 5 buildings in the Creole style in the heart of alush tropical garden, bordered by a beautiful white sandy beach.Our restaurants :La Table du Marché, Leroys Kfé, the Beach club and the Beach Barin addition to our Ti Snack welcome you every day in a heavenlysetting at the edge of the Caribbean sea.Close by, you will find a charming little leisure port/marina withshops and boutiques.The relaxed but exclusive atmosphere of the Domaine de Lonvilliersinvites you to experience a unique environment. The Domaine deLonvillier is the ideal place for your relaxing holidays in an idyllicsetting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz so you can book your Le Domaine Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Domaine De Lonvilliers Hotel Anse Marcel
- Le Domaine Hotel
- Le Domaine Beach Resort & Spa St Maarten-St Martin/Anse Marcel