Arrived for a one night stay, and initial impression was of a resort hotel that drastically needs refurbishment. It is unfortunate that it is so close to the Radisson Blu (where we had stayed previously, but it was fully occupied during this visit), because comparisons are inevitable. The Radisson is clean, comfortable, well - maintained, and above all sets very good standards of customer service. The contrast is stark and is perhaps best illustrated by the attitude on arrival. Arriving early at The Radisson, we were told that our room would be available as soon as it was ready, and we were allocated a room to change into beach gear. At Domaine de Lonvilliers we were told brusquely (in French) that check-in was not until 1500. When we did get allocated a room, it was a big disappointment. Door lock broken, cracks in walls , faeces in toilet pan (despite the toilet seat bearing a band that proclaimed it was sanitized for our protection!), rust around the pole in the bath - overall just scruffy and certainly not justifying 4 stars. My greatest criticism is reserved for the breakfast buffet (30 Euros), which is almost mandatory given the location of the hotel and the dearth of other options open for breakfast nearby. We arrived about halfway through the 3 hour (0700 - 1000) breakfast 'window', to find that most of the servery dishes were empty. I asked if there were any more scrambled eggs, since all that remained was a yellowish milk at the bottom of the pan - a girl came across and looked in the pan, confirmed that it was empty and walked off. We never saw her (or any scrambled eggs!)again. There were no clean cups or mugs by the coffee machine (we eventually got 2 from another table),all the fresh bread had gone and was not replaced, and generally choice was limited.
Very disappointing overall - would not recommend. Will upload pictures of the room faults described above if TA permits.
- Also Known As:
- Le Domaine De Lonvilliers Hotel Anse Marcel
- Le Domaine De Lonvilliers Hotel
- Le Domaine Hotel
- Le Domaine De Lonvilliers
- Le Domaine Beach Resort & Spa St Maarten-St Martin/Anse Marcel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the North of the Island of Saint Martin, in the FrenchWest Indies, in the magnificent bay of Anse Marcel, the Domainede Lonvilliers is a blend of Creole charm and refinement.The Hotel consists of 5 buildings in the Creole style in the heart of alush tropical garden, bordered by a beautiful white sandy beach.Our restaurants :La Table du Marché, Leroys Kfé, the Beach club and the Beach Barin addition to our Ti Snack welcome you every day in a heavenlysetting at the edge of the Caribbean sea.Close by, you will find a charming little leisure port/marina withshops and boutiques.The relaxed but exclusive atmosphere of the Domaine de Lonvilliersinvites you to experience a unique environment. The Domaine deLonvillier is the ideal place for your relaxing holidays in an idyllicsetting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Jetsetter, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Le Domaine Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.