During our week sailing in The Carribean we made a supply stop in Anse Marcel. We liked area so much we decided to return at the end of the week and spend our two year anniversary at Le Domaine de Lonvilliers, and relax before our long flight home. We thought it would be nice to stay somewhere that wasn't owned by a big chain......big mistake.
After walking the grounds of the Radisson earlier in the week we were completely disappointed by the state of the gardens at the hotel. Buildings and pathways in a state of disrepair, dead grass everywhere you look, and possibly the worst pool I've seen on any island so far.
The food at the beach bar/restaurant was pretty good....it just took forever for someone to take our order and when we got the bill it was approx. $95 for two lunch plates.
The MAIN issue we had was with the staff and the service, or lack thereof rather. Decided to buy a bottle of Smirnoff Vodka from the bar, which was closing at about 1030. It came to us opened and as soon as we smelled it we quickly realized that whatever was in the bottle wasn't even Vodka, let alone Smirnoff. Took the bottle back to the bar to confront the bar staff and was, in turn, accused of switching the liquor out myself, all the while making offensive jokes and rude comments to each other in French (Yes, Americans know French). As if I'm going to try steal vodka at a hotel that costs $600+ a night. Was then given the only vodka they had left (something terrible) and was told by the manager "Pierre" that it would be taken off our bill. He waited until we were back at home before he sent an email saying that unfortunately, he was instead going to charge us the $110 for the generic house Vodka anyway.
Stay away from this one! The rooms aren't that great, the staff are rude, and there's a 50% chance there will be a backhoe or jackhammer running at the place being built next door. Stay on the Dutch side if you can! A rude and arrogant ending to a week spent in paradise.
- Also Known As:
- Le Domaine De Lonvilliers Hotel Anse Marcel
- Le Domaine De Lonvilliers Hotel
- Le Domaine Hotel
- Le Domaine De Lonvilliers
- Le Domaine Beach Resort & Spa St Maarten-St Martin/Anse Marcel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the North of the Island of Saint Martin, in the FrenchWest Indies, in the magnificent bay of Anse Marcel, the Domainede Lonvilliers is a blend of Creole charm and refinement.The Hotel consists of 5 buildings in the Creole style in the heart of alush tropical garden, bordered by a beautiful white sandy beach.Our restaurants :La Table du Marché, Leroys Kfé, the Beach club and the Beach Barin addition to our Ti Snack welcome you every day in a heavenlysetting at the edge of the Caribbean sea.Close by, you will find a charming little leisure port/marina withshops and boutiques.The relaxed but exclusive atmosphere of the Domaine de Lonvilliersinvites you to experience a unique environment. The Domaine deLonvillier is the ideal place for your relaxing holidays in an idyllicsetting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Tingo, Venere, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Le Domaine Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.