For context, my wife and I are retired and travel a lot. Often in the winter we want to get away from the cold monotony and just bask in the sun. We've been to several Caribbean destinations. but this was first to Saint Martin. This was a seven night trip. We did not rent a car. We really didn't have much interest in exploring the island and tend to prefer boutique hotels for intimacy and service. We booked a Great View room that includes a balcony. The Marquis was great for our objectives.The good things: The Marquis arranged a driver who met us at the airport (E45). We were warmly greeted and always well served. Everything was relaxing. The room was spacious with high timbered ceilings and the furnishings were adequate. The view was spectacular though we stayed in room 118, which was at the end of the line of rooms with the great view (ask for a room closer to the beach/north). Breakfast was on the central patio by the small pool (nice setting but no view), continental style, and reasonable for these parts (E10). Service was very personal, amiable, and prompt. Marquis provides beach towels and drive you down to the Anse Marcel beach (2 min) and pick you up immediately when you call (ask any server to call) - very quick service. The beach was not crowded, lots of comfortable, padded chaises with functional umbrellas (free) and beach bars and beach boy service - expensive as you would expect; direct bill to your room if you want. They will also drop you at the pier to go to Pinel Island - we did that once but preferred Anse Marcel. We ate most of our meals in the Anse Marcel locations - Le Calypso, La LoConda (transportation provided by the Marquis) - good enough because we snacked so much on the beach (everything from deserts to grilled lobster). One night we took a taxi to Grand Case (E20 each way) to eat at L'Auberge Gourmande - outstanding. We took room service twice on our balcony (room service is catered from a nearby restuarant and takes time but the food is good). The bad: Room furnishings were not to the standard of the rooms themselves - very basic, not much decoration, not luxurious. This place deserves better: with better furnishings and decor we would rate the Marquis at 5. Isolated: if you want to move around the island, rent a car. Pool was nice, clean but small, but who wants a pool when you have chauffer service to the beach? We didn't use the spa service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marquis is an intimate and exclusive 4star boutique hotel located in Anse Marcel Cove on St Martin's French side. The 17 spacious room & suite accommodations have private terraces and a dramatic view of the ocean. Breakfast & restaurant services can be enjoyed in your room or around the pool. A full service at the beach is provided for hotel guests and a shuttle is at their disposal anytime. Also, guests will benefit from the sport center and the "Zen" area which offers aesthetic treatments and massages. This secluded paradise's reputed personal service adds to its appeal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Marquis Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marquis Boutique Hotel St Maarten-St Martin/Anse Marcel
- Marquis Boutique Hotel And Spa
- Hotel Marquis