My husband and I stayed at the Marquis in March and had a lovely time. We booked a package deal on Expedia because I found a great deal for this hotel but also because I had been looking at this hotel separately as well. The hotel has fantastic views of the Anse Marcel Bay (yes, the drive is steep but we didn't mind it albeit we rented a jeep due to the climb).
The rooms were comfortable and roomy. We wanted a slightly better view than the not bad view we had with the original room they assigned us so we asked if they had a room further up available and they did. Moira offered us a discount on the upgrade which was nice and they made sure our new balcony had a lounge chair in addition to the table and chairs. The room had a coffee maker and a small fridge, however, we couldn't figure out how to operate the coffee maker properly (maybe it wasn't working properly or it could have been user error) and the fridge was fully stocked with "mini bar" items you would be charged for using. It would have been nice if it were half empty to stock with your own items...we ended up having to take half their stock out to make room for items we bought at the local market.
The hotel staff were impeccable! Fabio, Electra and Moira (and everyone else we encountered) were truly warm and welcoming and had great ideas about where to eat and what to do. You may not have the pleasure of meeting Fabio or Electra since they are Swiss students studying tourism working at the hotel as an internship but I understand that Moira employs students from their school regularly so I should imagine you will have the opportunity to meet some other wonderfully polite students who are learning and exploring the island with you. In fact, we kept running into Fabio everywhere we went :)
The breakfasts were good but we didn't realize they weren't included in our package so, again, Moira offered us a discount on them when we checked out.
We thought this hotel was a gem of a find for the price and we also liked the clientelle there, feeling like they were mellow and "our kind" of people. We became fast vaca pals with another couple from France even though we had communication issues since we didn't speak the same language :) and we went on a Catamaran cruise with them and another young couple of American students on spring break.
We would highly recommend this hotel for a quiet retreat on the French side. It's a short drive to Grand Case in the evenings for a great meal in their many restaurants or you can walk down to Anse Marcel where there are a few restaurants and a private beach. For beaches, we really loved Pinel Island (recommended by the hotel staff) and Baie Rouge and the beaches on Anguilla (which we visited on our Catamaran trip) were amazing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marquis is an intimate and exclusive 4star boutique hotel located in Anse Marcel Cove on St Martin's French side. The 17 spacious room & suite accommodations have private terraces and a dramatic view of the ocean. Breakfast & restaurant services can be enjoyed in your room or around the pool. A full service at the beach is provided for hotel guests and a shuttle is at their disposal anytime. Also, guests will benefit from the sport center and the "Zen" area which offers aesthetic treatments and massages. This secluded paradise's reputed personal service adds to its appeal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Splendia and Odigeo so you can book your Marquis Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marquis Boutique Hotel St Maarten-St Martin/Anse Marcel
- Marquis Boutique Hotel And Spa
- Hotel Marquis