“unbelievable” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Le Savoie Villars

You added Le Savoie Villars to your Saves list
Le Savoie Villars
3.0 of 5 Inn   |   10 place Savoie Villars, 37350 Le Grand-Pressigny, France   |
kington
“unbelievable”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Despite having been booked months in advance they were completely unprepared for our party
even though the tables were laid for us.We had to go to a nearby bar for a drink.The waitress was extremely stressed and we had to wait a very long time for anything.When our host dared to complain the proprietor came out and very unpleasently ranted abuse at us, our hostess was assaulted and pushed out of the hotel, at this point some of us left but for those that stayed the Gendarmes were called and they just stood there staring and making everyone feel uncomfortable. Later found out the locals had been betting on how long it would be before trouble flared.Aparently 5 incidencies this week. Seems already to have a bit of a reputation.Financed by the local commune I believe and have been reliably informed that there are strong letters on their way.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
richard t, Propriétaire at Le Savoie Villars, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
I would like to add some information to your words that does not reflect reality.

We prepared was visiting since your table was ready, but your group has preferred to go take a drink at the bar of a side which has considerably delay the service

In fact you weren't alone this day and lesser things when reservation for 7:30 pm it is to meet its commitments

I can also let you insinuate that my behavior was aggressive because I took upon myself after that some people of the group have me insult me and my waitress.

Just look at the comments on booking or on this site to know that I am not an aggressive person and unpleasant. Moreover no incidents had yet taken place since my opening; but I do not have a accept such behavior in my institution, also many reviews so far the on was shocked by how you behave and we have stated their support. Some of your group also were also shocked and will are excused. Indeed you are not without knowing if the mounted police was called by what some of you are left without pay!

With regard to the person supposedly assaulted and pushed out of the hotel it is very exaggerated because several times I asked to leave the establishment since this lady insulted me in English word extremely shocking for a woman of that age.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Hawkhurst, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Nice location and food but the attitude of the staff was incredibly rude...we were in a group of around 20 which had been booked at the restaurant for about 2 months and confirmed the week before. Despite this they had only two staff members serving and a large number of other customers. When we dared to ask for bread and water having waited an hour with no service whatsoever, the staff became quite aggressive, implying we were in the wrong to be impatient as it was obvious they were busy. We felt completely unwelcome with plates and cutlery being slammed onto the table and comments being muttered under the staffs breath. The most unpleasant evening I have ever had in a restaurant which is a shame as it came recommended. We will certainly not be visiting again and will advise friends and family to avoid.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
richard t, Propriétaire at Le Savoie Villars, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Hello

I can react strongly to your criticism that does not reflect reality

Indeed your group had booked for 7: 30 p.m. However the entire group was present that to 20h15.cela is not our fault if, during this time the you have expected .your appetizers which were offered by the House you were served when the entire group was present.

The bread, I would like to inform you that it is placed on the tables that when input arrives, what the nor was not the case. With regard to wines no request was made when making your reservation, you had the time to order it because you were an aperitif.There are also way nicer to ask to be aggressive like this was the case

With regard to the aggressiveness of myself and my waitress, I inform you that after being insulting by some people of your 'big pig' group, c.... «» food yucky ""move your big c... ". "etc etc, you can imagine that our cold blood have disappeared and we have told

You were not alone tonight la and I am sorry that you did not have exclusivity as you wanted.

The restaurant received very many group before you and absolutely all are returned in satisfied, I'm sorry if this was not your case. as some of you have mentioned me the customer is King but under certain conditions, the lack of respect that you had towards my staff is absolutely shocking and could not go unanswered. I never was also insulted by clients tonight with your group
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We booked 2 months in advance to eat at this establishment as a party of 25. Upon arrival, (at the agreed time) the tables were not prepared and we had go to a bar next door to wait. We returned after some time and were seated. We waited nearly an hour for any attention (drinks order, explanation...), and eventually received our agreed aperitif. When we requested some bread and water we were met with a particularly surly attitude and were told they had not been expecting us (!) and we would have to accept that they were understaffed. Some time later the starter, as part of the set menu, began to be served. Although the food was delicious, the attitude with which it was delivered was disgusting. Forks were slammed down, requests for drinks were taken with distain together with very loud, public, exclamations of "pah! - c'est imppossible!" (from the waiting staff).... it was perfectly Faulty Towers -esq!!!
I am afraid to say that after three of our party had been reduced to tears by the rudeness and aggressive attitude of the staff we left the establishment (i cannot call it a restaurant).

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

The Auberge Savoie Villars reopened a couple of months ago (June 2013), having attracted a new proprietor, and then renovation work being carried out to renew the kitchens. We are thrilled to add the restaurant to our local list of favourite places to dine. As we live in the next village, we've already been 3 times; and once to celebrate a birthday! Mr Tiercelin is an excellent host and the chef is an excellent cook. So you can be sure of a warm friendly welcome and as the menu changes with the season, fresh tastey food is guaranteed.

Room Tip: If the weather is warm, ask for a table on the terrace.