“Perfect for London 2 Paris stopovers” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Le Cygne

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gournay-en-Bray
Hotel Le Cygne
20 rue Notre-Dame, 76220 Gournay-en-Bray, France   |
birmingham
“Perfect for London 2 Paris stopovers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We decided to stop in this hotel on the 2nd evening of our L2P cycle ride and booked 26 rooms. The owners were fantastic, very pleasant and unobtrusive. They have garages with locks for storing your bikes, and can easily accomodate around 20 bikes in each. The rooms are of decent size. Breakfast is basic continental with cereals and fruit. The hotel is situated in a safe area with plenty of nice restaurants nearby.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
East Grinstead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

If you cycling down the AV from Dieppe, Gournay is a good distance, and Le Cygne is a good hotel for a stop. They have a garage for storing bikes and good comfortable rooms. We ate ou but struggled to find the only restaurant in town. Good breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

The owners were incredibly friendly and helpful and couldn't have been more welcoming. However the hotel really is very basic although clean. Menu for dinner on Sunday night limited to crepes, which were good but not to everyone's taste! Gournay en Bray not a particularly exciting stop. We were en route to Paris by bike and next time will go 6 miles down the road to St German de Fly which looked a much prettier place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in here for breakfast after 4 hours cycling from Dieppe. This place was superb and let us refuel and defrost before heading off to Paris. Your bikes are safe and the hotel was clean and service was exceptional. Highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Cycling to Paris we turned up late and were offered everything we could possilby need. The next morning breakfast was served specially early so we could leave promptly on our cycle and the owner helped us with repairs we were making to our bikes offering tools and advice. Breakfast was good with a large selection of jams, breads, cereals, etc. Room was basic but very clean and there were extra pillows in the cupboard. All in all a great experience. I would highly recommend staying at Le Cygne.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012 via mobile

Like many others here, we were cycling from Dieppe to Paris. The owners were very welcoming and locked our bikes away safely. Be aware not much English is spoken here, so you really need a rudimentary amount of French. Room looked a bit 70s, but was clean and comfortable and quiet. No kettle which disappointed my wife slightly. Owners really made us feel part of the family and meals were informal and sociable. Overall, I would have no hesitation recommending this to other passing cyclists.

• Stayed June 2012
Paris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I stayed for one night as part of a London to Paris cycle ride. I arrived very wet and was pleased to receive a lovely welcome. The owners offered to put my Bike in their garage for safety and let me head straight to my room for a shower with no cumbersome check-in. I booked directly via email and paid when I left. They made sure I knew where I was going the next day and that I had what I needed and wished me well. Breakfast was open from 7 which was very useful given the ride I had ahead of me.

For other cyclists, there seem to be a few from the reviews, the town has a few bars and places to eat, a Pizza take away and a shop that's open until 10pm. The Hotel is very easy to find and is sign-posted from the main square (though it's very close)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Le Cygne? Share your experiences!