I chose this as it's been refurbished as some Travelodges are dire. The Dreamer bed which is their new selling point in their advert was excellent. The additional beds are a little hard. The linen was very clean and fresh and comfortable. The staff were really friendly and helpful and the receptionist was so helpful. The number of vans on the car park was concerning as I thought lots of early risers but that didn't really translate to much noise in the morning as I expected. The train or tram? is a bit noisy but don't think it runs in the night.
A hair dyer isn't in the room so I was caught out by that - ask before you wash lol!
Also only one hand towel is given for a group of 4 although you each get a bath towel so ask for extra hand towels before you need them. The metro centre shops are handy for breakfast and evening meal etc.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz so you can book your Travelodge Gateshead reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Gateshead Hotel Swalwell
- Travelodge Hotel Gateshead
- Travelodge Hotel Swalwell
- Travelodge Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Travel Lodge Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Newcastle Upon Tyne Travel Lodge
- Newcastle Upon Tyne Travelodge
- Travelodge Gateshead Swalwell