“Customer Focus” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta

You added Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta to your Saves list
Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   180 George Street, Parramatta, New South Wales 2150, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Parramatta
Perth, Australia
“Customer Focus”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Staying at the Meriton Apartments in Parramatta was a pleasurable experience. I was required to stay for three months for my work and I cannot fault the customer service I received. All staff at the Meriton delivered excellent customer service, nothing being too much trouble for them. There was trouble with the payments being received from my employer (no fault at all on the Meritons side) and the assistance I received from the bookings and reservation staff in sorted it out mirrored what I received at the apartments. They made being away from home for three months a non stressful experience.

Room Tip: Riverside room had more space.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
MSAParramatta, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear Jayne W,

Thank you very much for your kind words.

I would like to say first and foremost, what a delight it has been having you stay with us at Meriton Parramatta. It is because our apartments are spacious and equipped as a suitable living space that we are fortunate enough to have guests (like yourself) stay for an extended period of time. This is particularly special because it gives us a chance to build a rapport and of course we get to know you.

I know I speak for all of the staff here when I say the pleasure has been all ours.

Thank you again for taking the time to write this lovely review. It is always nice to read such positive comments about our staff and of course to have the exceptional customer service they provide acknowledged. I’m very glad they helped make your time away from home a stress free experience. That’s what we aim for!

Hopefully we will get the opportunity to have you stay with us again in the future.

Kind Regards,
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

My partner & I have stayed at Meriton (Parramatta) on numerous occasions. Very clean and large apartments- Overall experience is always great. The hotel is fairly close to Parramatta shopping centre which is great and great customer service. Overall experience is a 4/5- It would be FAB if parking at the hotel wasn't so expensive, but still fairly decent.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Leanne J,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us this delightful review!

It’s fantastic that you’ve found our apartments clean and spacious. We certainly are very lucky to have such large rooms. Although there is a cost for parking, it is located undercover on site.

I am thrilled that you’ve appreciated the customer service from our staff. Our team works hard to ensure all guests have an enjoyable experience from arrival to departure and I am delighted that you feel as though it is always seamless.

Once again thank you for your lovely review. We will look forward to welcoming you back to Meriton Parramatta in the future!

Kind Regards,
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Meriton apartments is a good base for a holiday of Sydney and the Blue Mountains. The apartments are well furnished and comfortable,and close to the river cat for trips to the city. Plenty of restaurants and cafes nearby and Westfield is 15 minute walk.
Overall good but expensive. Have to pay extra for parking.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MSAParramatta, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear NorthCoastAnne,

Thank you for taking the time to review you recent stay with us here at Meriton Serviced Apartments - Parramatta.

I am very delighted you found your apartment comfortable. Meriton apartments are all designed for living and the proof of this can be found in the fully-equipped kitchens and laundries in all the apartment types. We also offer complimentary amenities such as laundry detergent, and dish-washing tablets to ensure that our guests enjoy a smooth and enjoyable stay.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we thoroughly look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit here at Parramatta.

Narrandera, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

After an awful delayed flight that transformed my usually well-behaved children (and husband) into a pack of wild animals I was definitely looking forward to finally checking into and relaxing in our apartment.
When we arrived at the Meriton we were greeted by the manager, James, who made us all feel very welcome. He was very charming and sincere and made us laugh and relax. In a short amount of time all my stresses from travelling with young kids had disappeared and for the first time I felt like we were ACTUALLY on holidays.
The room was gorgeous; the decor subtlety sophisticated. The kids loved riding the ferry along the river into the city, and the train was super convenient as a quicker form of transport into the center of town.
Can I just say, for a mother who hasn't had more than a few consecutive days off in a row for I-don't-know-how-many years, this holiday was overdue. Even though the trip didn't start out well with the delayed plane mess up, this was not an indicator of how the rest of the trip would go.
We truly had a splendid time, so I made sure to leave some Easter Eggs for the wonderful staff at Meriton, in particular James who was so friendly and helpful to us when we were all so exhausted on arrival. Thank you very much Meriton Parramatta! We will continue to book accommodation with you whenever we're back in Sydney.....which I hope will be a bit more frequently now! 10/10

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Janine P,

Wow, what a great review!

I was pleased to read that you found your stay pleasant from arrival to departure. We aim to please with our service and the entire team will always endeavor to ensure guests have a smooth experience while staying with us.

We appreciate your recognition of James and the team for their service during your stay! At Meriton Parramatta we pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service and it is nice when we receive feedback validating this!

I’m so pleased that you had enjoyed the ferry as it is close proximity to us and the Ferry provides a different travel options for our guest, and it does make a wonderful day trip for our out of town visitors.

We thoroughly enjoyed reading your comments, Thank you once again for the wonderful feedback, and see you soon!

Casino, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Stayed here for the 2014 Golden Slipper with 2 other adults and found this accomodation unbelievable. We stayed in the 2 bedroom apartment with city veiws on the 13th floor. Pay the little extra because it was well worth it. We caught the train from the airport to central then out to Parramatta. Being a country boy I thought we may get lost but it was easy. The train system in Sydney was really good. The apartments was about 10-15 min walk from the train station and probably around 20 min walk to Rosehill. The apartment itself had 2 bedrooms on level 1 with shower and toilet. The main had an ensuite as well. Level 2 had a toilet, kitchen (full size fridge), lounge room with foxtel and a verandah looking onto the parramatta river and the city further on. We spent quite a bit of time there going over the racing form guide. Then there is the 3rd level which opens up on top of the building with some chairs there. This would have been an ideal spot for a BBQ but the feel of it was like being in a penthouse. Everthing was clean and tidy. I will definatly being staying here again. When you leave take the river cat back to circular quay ($7.50). Was a real enexspected highlight of our weekend. You get to see a whole different side to Sydney. Also enjoyed the pizza's at the bottem of the apartments on the way back from having an ale or two at the Abolon Hotel 3-5min walk. GREAT WEEKEND.

Room Tip: Stay on the 13th floor with city veiws.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Dear JCP1973,

Firstly I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta during your most recent trip to Sydney

It is great to read that you enjoyed the view from your apartment along with our fantastic location! We are only minutes from many local attractions, restaurants and both bus and train stations are close by making traveling around very accessible!

Our spacious apartments are much larger than a traditional hotel room and are fitted with kitchen and laundry. Convenient and cleverly designed apartments so our guests can get the most out of their stay with us!

Thank you for taking the time to share this great review with the TripAdvisor community! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I stayed in Parramatta at the Meriton Appartments as my travel companion was working for a few days in Edenesor Park and Parramatta seemed a good central place to stay as my son lives in Surrey Hills. It was ideal! The apartment overlooked the river. My son and I caught up every night for dinner either in Parramatta or the City. Transport was no problem, a quick 30 minute train trip to the city. I also travelled to Darling Harbour via the River Cat, a very enjoyable 1 hour cruise. The apartment was immaculate, well equipped and great views over the river and so salubrious day and night. Good value for money. I will definitely stay there again when visiting Sydney.

Room Tip: the river views are very worthwile

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MSAParramatta, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Dear Diane D,

Thank you kindly for taking the time in writing a response, it is with great pleasure to have received your review!

We are indeed very lucky to be situated where we are being close to all sorts of transport making traveling all the more easier to tour around particularly the City. We always recommend the River-cat as a nice alternate of transport with its charming water views.

We are very pleased to hear that you found your stay with us enjoyable and would love to welcome your return to Parramatta - sooner rather than later!

Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I booked a single room and was upgraded to a 2 bedroom apartment that provided all the mod-cons I needed. I only needed night-time accommodation so unfortunately did not get to use all facilities that were available ( not only in the apartment but also gym and pool ).
Apart from a couple of maintenance issues noted, everything was well presented and would be very happy to have my wife come with me when suitable.
I have already booked in for my next trip in a few weeks time.

Dear Pedpete,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review!

I am enormously happy to read that you felt as though you had everything you needed during your stay. I also appreciate you passing on the small maintenance concerns to our front desk team; I trust our team did their best to rectify the issues without too much inconvenience and would like to extend my sincerest apologies for any inconveniences caused during your time with us.

For your enjoyment upon your return, our gym, pool and spa facilities operate between 5am-10pm and we can always provide you with extra fresh towels to use – plenty of time for relaxation!
We are definitely looking forward to hosting you again and also welcoming your wife to Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta.

Hotel Manager

Been to Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta? Share your experiences!