“Average business hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mantra Parramatta

You added Mantra Parramatta to your Saves list
Mantra Parramatta
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Corner Parkes Street & Valentine Avenue, Parramatta, New South Wales 2150, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay Longer and Save
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Parramatta
Brisbane, Australia
“Average business hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Mantra Parramatta is an average business hotel: neither bad nor particularly great.

The staff were friendly and helpful, and the meal I ordered in the bar was delicious. The room was well appointed with its own little kitchenette, which I liked a lot. The bed was comfortable and the room itself was clean. The room was surprisingly quiet too - although the hotel is close to the railway line I didn't hear any train noise all night.

There were a few negatives though:
- There are desperately few parking spaces beneath the building, so on a busy night you may need to park out on the street and go and put some coins in the parking meter before the parking inspectors start work at 8.
- Although my room was clean, the corridor outside reeked of Hong Kong street food.
- The thermostat in my room seemed to be faulty - I woke up a few times because I was either too cold or overheating.

Those few things aside, it wasn't a bad experience overall and I would consider staying there again in the future.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Slim Rusty

Thank you for taking the time to review Mantra Parramatta.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel,

I do however apologize for any inconvenience regarding the car park, most of the time there is parking available it only tends to fill when there are special events on which is out of our control, in saying this there are several large car parking stations with in close proximity of the hotel (just see the staff for details). If you are experiencing difficulties with any part of your stay please don’t hesitate to contact our 24 hour reception to have the situation rectified

We look forward to welcoming you back to Mantra Parramatta on your next trip,

Kind Regards

Tim Doyle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Bangalore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I was on a business trip to Paramatta area and stayed in this hotel for 10 nights in the Studio Room. The property is well maintained. I had a late night check-in and the staff at front desk was very friendly and helpful. She gave me very good deal on the internet connection which was very helpful.The studio room was spacious enough for a single person. Ambience of the room is good and there is a small kitchenette provided which is useful at times.The location of this hotel is excellent as it's very near to the Train station, Buses, Taxi stand as well as the shops. Westfield Shopping center is very near to the hotel which is very nice. Housekeeping staff is friendly and the room is cleaned well on a daily basis.Overall I had a very good and comfortable stay. I would definitely stay again at this hotel. I would recommend this hotel to fellow travellers.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floor are better.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
BangaloreNawab

Thank you for your wonderful comments on your recent stay with Mantra Parramatta. I am so delighted to read our services and accommodation met your expectation. Here at Mantra, we continually strive to provide Parramatta with a unique selection of amenities.

Thank you for recommending us. On behalf of the Mantra Parramatta team, we thoroughly look forward to welcoming you back again in future.

Warm regards,

Assistant Manager
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

This is my second stay at this hotel, the first time being about three weeks ago.
I really enjoy this hotel for many different reasons but I will try to be objective here and not let my own personal what I like get in the way.
First impressions are the Front Desk Staff. Incredibly friendly with very contagious smiles, also very service minded and helpful.
The room I have had both times was excellent, separate sitting room and bedroom. The bed was just perfect for me and I got a great nights sleep every night. So much that I keep missing breakfast.
My room has a balcony, I think all the rooms do but I'm not sure, get a balcony. it is very nice to sit out there in the evenings.
The hotel has a bar and a restaurant with a bar menu also. The bar menu is reasonably priced as is the restaurant.
If your looking for food that is perhaps a little more exotic the hotel is a five minute walk from Harris Park with lots of Indian restaurants and take away's.
Shopping, Westfield Mall is like a two minute walk as is the bus and train stations.

One of the better parts about staying here is that some of the rooms have a washing machine and dryer in them. I know what you are thinking,, why would I need a washing machine and dryer? Well with everything in Australia being so expensive its nice to not have to pay to get your laundry done. the room also has a small kitchenette thing going on, fridge microwave..

My room has a jacuzzi. Get the jacuzzi,,, take it easy on the bath gel though. Two of the small bottles is perhaps a little over the top on the bubbles.
The soap is excellent. very fresh and smells like lemons, yes, that's how sad my life has become when I have started to do reviews on soap. But it is nice soap.
The best part about this hotel is the personal service.
I come in the front door and am greeted by name. Hello Mr Black,, did you have a nice day?
I stay in Hotels all over the world and only in the Best Western in Naperville, Illinois USA and Hotel Haarhjus in Arnhem Netherlands have they bothered to actually remember my name, it makes it feel like you are welcome so big props to Mantra for that.

Value for money? I think so, everything about price is always going to be open to discussion, you stay where your wallet allows and that's that.
Compared to other hotels in the area the Mantra isn't the most expensive and if you look at what you are getting in value for your dollar the Mantra is pretty much in the lead.
Have I stayed in other hotels in Parramatta? Yes. Last year in October we stayed in another hotel.
It would be unfair to mention the hotel name here but it was also a very nice hotel, almost same standard as Mantra but more expensive.
Much more expensive.
I say we. I am the Touring Manager for one of the worlds largest Motor Sports companies, we had an event at the ANZ stadium in October 2013 and stayed at the other large hotel in Parramatta.
We are coming back to the ANZ in October 2014 and my touring party, all 110 of us will be staying at the Mantra in Parramatta.
That's how pleased I am with this hotel.

Room Tip: I have stayed on the 16th floor twice, the view is amazing on any side of the hotel. You can see all...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Our room was clean and comfortable.Quiet during the night. ALL staff were friendly and obliging.
.Front desk staff smiling all the time.Dinner in dining room was terrific. Bit cheeky charging 2% on our credit card for accommodation AFTER we checked out.Even when we held a receipt that we had paid in February.
Only Query....Why isn't there a toilet lid on the toilet in room 319? Is that hygienic?

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear 255100pat

Thank you for choosing to stay at Mantra Parramatta on your recent trip to Sydney,
It was lovely to hear that you enjoyed your stay from your comfortable room through to your evening meal.

Regarding your query there is no toilet lid in room 319 due to this being a disabled room.

Thank you once again for taking the time to review our property and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Regards
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I recently stayed at the Mantra Parramatta for the weekend and as usual found the staff to be friendly, accommodating and helpful. The hotel is close to the train station and the Westfield shopping centre to cater for all our needs.
The room was clean, bed comfortable and the kitchenette was a nice touch and assisted us in our dietary requirements(microwave, hotplate, kettle, pan, cutlery etc for 2)
In building parking was at a premium in the evenings(to be expected), there was limited off street parking near by.
I chose the Mantra Parramatta as we have used Mantra Tullarmarine Melbourne before and have never had a bad experience. Mantra have met our expectations every time.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Dan T

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip advisor,

It was lovely to read that you enjoyed your stay here at Mantra Parramatta. We are very fortunate to be located in such a handy part of Parramatta, being only minutes away from Parramatta train station and Westfield.

I will pass on your praise to the staff and we look forward to welcoming you back to Mantra Parramatta on your next trip to Sydney.

Kind Regards
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights and i didnt face any difficulties as such. The only thing that made me real upset is charging my credit card for 9.89$ after i checked out. Its not a big amount especially after i spent 8000$ on my Australia vacation. Its about charging my card without notifying me. We trust the hotels and allow them to take a copy of our credit cards. We dont expect them to use it as they like without a consensus. This is a serious breach of security.

I am 200% sure i didnt consume anything from the bar. Rather i packed everything in a shelf above the bar so that i can have more space near the sink. Not acceptable anyways.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dorinabunescu, Manager at Mantra Parramatta, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear Amrit M,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Mantra Parramatta on your recent trip to Australia. We trust that you enjoyed your stay

I would like to further discuss the $9.89 charge on your credit card. As you had not provided the hotel with contact details, may I please request you contact us either by phone on 02 96851600 or email on Dorina.bunescu@mantra.com.au

Kind Regards,
Dorina Bunescu
Reservations Manager
Bathurst, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Comfy beds. Spa in executive suite small, not big enough for two. Can be noisy but overall a fine hotel. This is the fourth time I have stayed here and overall I have not been dissatisfied. I have stayed in a lot of Sydney hotels!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Dibern,

Thank you for taking the time to review Mantra Parramatta. I am so glad you have chosen to stay with us on multiple occasions.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future

Kind Regards,

Dorina Bunescu
Reservations Manager

Been to Mantra Parramatta? Share your experiences!