Mantra Parramatta is an average business hotel: neither bad nor particularly great.
The staff were friendly and helpful, and the meal I ordered in the bar was delicious. The room was well appointed with its own little kitchenette, which I liked a lot. The bed was comfortable and the room itself was clean. The room was surprisingly quiet too - although the hotel is close to the railway line I didn't hear any train noise all night.
There were a few negatives though:
- There are desperately few parking spaces beneath the building, so on a busy night you may need to park out on the street and go and put some coins in the parking meter before the parking inspectors start work at 8.
- Although my room was clean, the corridor outside reeked of Hong Kong street food.
- The thermostat in my room seemed to be faulty - I woke up a few times because I was either too cold or overheating.
Those few things aside, it wasn't a bad experience overall and I would consider staying there again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra Parramatta is the ideal choice when mixing business with pleasure, just minutes from ANZ Stadium, The Olympic Park at Homebush Bay and Parramatta's thriving business and retail centre. Mantra Parramatta comprises of spacious studios, one bedroom apartments and Spa Rooms all with premium facilities such as individually controlled air conditioning, broadband internet, cable TV, in-house movies, kitchenette and laundry facilities (apartments only), private balcony (apartments only), in-room safe, mini bar, tea and coffee making facilities. Mantra Parramatta caters to business and leisure travellers who demand and expect quality, comfort and premium facilities. With 24 hour reception, a foreign exchange desk, concierge and leisure facilities including a outdoor pool, spa, gym, sauna, turkish bath, under cover parking charged at $15 per day(subject to availability), ironing facilities, data port, room service, guest laundry and restaurant and bar. Mantra Parramatta also offers guests the convenience of dining in style at the Ivory Restaurant & Tantra Bar.Trading hours are as follows: Mon-Thu: Restaurant breakfast,lunch,dinner with 24 hour Room Service/Fridays:Restaurant & Room Service breakfast & lunch only/Sat-Sun: Restaurant & Room Service lunch only/Fri-Sun: Room Service Supper/Dinner from 5pm-10pm only. There are also function and conference facilities, with three main meeting rooms, representing a choice of Gold, Silver and Bronze rooms. Business travellers have the choice of booking the rooms separately or combined to host conferences for up to 200 delegates. Only 45 minutes from Sydney airport, Mantra Parramatta is only 500m to Parramatta Train Station, Westfield Shopping Town, and a short drive to Rosehill Gardens Racecourse making it the ideal base for your next getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Mantra Parramatta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Parramatta Hotel Parramatta
- Mantra Hotel Parramatta