“Excellent value for money, friendly service, good basic Italian Food Fix!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bertani

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent value for money, friendly service, good basic Italian Food Fix!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I have been here twice in the last month. Once for lunch with work colleagues and tonight for a mid week dinner with a family group. Tonight we used a voucher for Pizzas - what great value!! For the lunch we ordered off the main menu. I had the Chicken Pesto Pasta which was really good. My colleagues had cannelloni and also a special salad made up by the chef to cater to dietary requirements. We found the service friendly and will make Bertani a regular place to go for a good value Italian food fix! The undercover parking is a great bonus in Parramatta and I would recommend Bertani if you have an elderly guests because you get the lift straight from the car park into the restaurant. From the moment the lift doors open you can smell the delicious food!! I would also recommend Bertani if you have children, there is a children s menu and also a playroom so that any kids can be amused and don't disturb other diners. We will definitely be back...& soon!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

33% Recommend
Sydney, Australia
“Extremely rude and hostile owner - Don't bother. Save yourself the angst”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I had emailed twice to the provider with no reply and rang them today to make a booking. I bought the voucher for 6 pizzas and 6 drinks for our family of 2 adults and 5 children. I had suggested that the youngest 6yr old could share a pizza with his 11 yr old sister. My other daughter is only 12 yrs also. 6 pizzas and drinks are more than enough for our family. They were extremely antagonistic and said I had to order another meal for the 6 yr old, that he couldn't share with his sister.

We have used Groupons and Scoopons many times in the past and had no issues with kids. I very nicely said that we would have too much food and it would be a waste to order more food that we wouldn't be able to eat. I was told to read my voucher as the terms was very clear that any extra child would have to order a meal. I had checked before I bought.

Anyway, I rang back after reading the voucher and also Scoopon's page advertising the deal carefully again. There were no such terms confirming that I had not misread it before I bought. An older gentleman answered and sounded very angry with me. I had been speaking very softly and politely on the previous phone call to a lady and asked if I could clarify something with the other lady who I spoke to in the last phone call. He very rudely said no and that I could talk to him. She must have told him about my booking.

He proceeded to tell me that their condition is that I must order more food for the 6yr old. He said the voucher was cheap, they don't want customers like me, etc, etc. He didn't even let me say anything and just told me off and said I was too much trouble - he was so very rude. Before I could say anything, he told me to see a lawyer and get a refund. I finally asked him after his tirade what he meant by refund? From him? He said not him but from Scoopon since I hadn't paid him anything.

It is appalling that this restaurant would treat customers like this and be so antagonistic, rude and unreasonable. Buying a Scoopon should not mean that you get treated like dirt. If we walked in and paid for 6 pizzas & 6 drinks for a family of 2 adults and 5 children, I doubt they would ask us to order even more food. It is such a waste to be forced to order food you can't eat, as though Scoopons are free.

While they are cheaper than paying full price, they are also a form of advertising. If they paid for advertising in the newspaper, it would be untargeted but at least this way, any loss they think they make in the form lower priced Scoopons are at least targeted marketing. I have requested a refund from Scoopon.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Parramatta, Australia
“RUDEST CUSTOMER SERVICE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I bought a groupon voucher for this restaurant (if you can call it that!). I rang up and made the booking. The man that answered the phone was abrupt when making my reservation. Within a few hours I called back and told him I simply cannot make it. He told me that because I didn't give him 24 hours notice I can consider my voucher (which I paid for!) cancelled. He gave me a lecture about it and was nothing but absolutely rude and obnoxious. Unbelievable, considering I only made the booking less than 3 hours before I cancelled it; and to think I wasted my money on this voucher to dine there. What an insult, and people wonder why their businesses are struggling because reviews like this get on the internet! Usually I believe that it's important for consumers to receive the most positive feedback because all small businesses need all the help they can to survive this competitive hospitality industry, but I'm deeply appalled by his attitude and my wasted money!

• Visited February 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Don't waste your evening here..”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We bought a Cudo voucher and decided to use it on Friday night. The undercover free parking was welcome, but things went downhill from there. As we entered, despite the restaurant being empty except for one table, no one came to serve us. This large man who I assume was the manager, gestured to the waiteress to point us to a table at the window.
So we ordered the 2 large pizzas from the menu, and drinks to go with it as per the voucher, and ordered a pineapple juice and tomato juice for my 2 kids, aged 3 and 9. We also, ordered a kids meal from a list of unimpressive selections. First waiteress: we were told that we had to order a kids meal, as the Cudo voucher were for only 2 people. Seriously? How much did they expect my kids to eat? Second waiteress: took our order, came back in 5 minutes to say they had no tomato juice. Third waiteress: brought our drinks to the table. After what seemed like forever, and please note that despite being a Friday night at 7:30pm, there was only one other table that was occupied. Waiteress number three brings our pizzas and kids meal, does not care to check that there is no space on the table for 2 large plates and steaming hot fish and chips. We have to put down our drinks and make room. I point out to her that we only have tiny entree plates and asked for larger plates.

Thoughtout the meal there were waiteresses just walking around, it was very annoying. The restaurant was very hot. We finished our pizzas and had to ask waiteress number two,what ice cream was my son entitled too with his kids meal, she was confused, then read out Mango, Strawberry, Chocolate and Vanilla. My son ordered the Mango. She comes back in a few minutes to say that they had no Mango and that we could only order vanilla with the kids meal, which was not mentioned on the menu!! I don't see the point of a kids meal that includes and drink and an ice cream, with no real choice. I wondered at this point, if our choices were being limited because of the fact that we used a voucher.

Boring scoop of vanilla ice cream, no chocolate sauce, no sprinkles. At this point I was fed up, we asked for the bill, which came promptly but wrongly calculated. They charged us for the tomato juice that they did not have. I understand if the restaurant was busy and it would be hard to keep track, but right through our meal, there was just one other paying customer. The owners family were there at the entrance table, but besides that no one new came in.

I would think that when these kind of places sell offers, they should make an extra effort to keep the customer happy, so that they come back, not be cheap with their choices and disgust the customer, so they, like us will never ever go back there again.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We used a cudo voucher for lunch for two.The manager met us as we entered as we were the first people there for lunch.I can`t go on with this as there were so many things wrong with this place that there is not enough room on this page to itemize them all but here is a few.Fish and chips were unavailable as apparently the fish monger had not been that day.Chips were not available but was told potato wedges were which is strange as they are made from the same thing,maybe they use frozen veg but that can`t be possible can it?.There was a girl mopping the floors as were having our meal,which one would have thought would have been done before they opened.When we had finished our starter our main course was brought to the table while our plates were still there so we had to hold our finished plates up the in the air so our mains could be put on the table.The list could go on but I don`t want to think of this place anymore.I have seen a TV program called the Restaurant Inspector,boy would he have a field day her.
Don Brown