“Great room, Very Noisy” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Sydney Parramatta

You added Novotel Sydney Parramatta to your Saves list
Novotel Sydney Parramatta
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   350 Church Street, Parramatta, New South Wales 2150, Australia (Formerly Sebel Parramatta)   |
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Parramatta
Wollongong
“Great room, Very Noisy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

The room was of decent size and very clean. We had to chase up 2 items both of which we were told would be sent to our room and they were not. 1 of which we never got in the end anyway. Very noisy from music of a function and loud people in corridor, which in turn kept us awake most of the night. This the affected our daughters ability to perform her National Physical Culture competition to the best of her ability as she was yawning her little head off during her routine due to being tired. Which we were not at all happy about considering that is the reason we stayed so we didn't have to get up so early in the morning so she could get the maximum amount of rest.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Michael D, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Parramatta, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Bec422

Your rooms have just finished refurbishment a few months ago and are looking great with the colours and design. All of this is nice but if you cannot sleep well it takes away from your entire experience and for this I am sorry. With all our guests we want to ensure a relaxing stay and I wish we had the opportunity on that night to rectify the issue for you.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel as I would like to look after you for your next stay and ensure a great night’s sleep for all your family.

Regards,
Novotel Sydney Parramatta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

The location in Parramatta is good. Close to Church St Restaurants and Westfield is only 15 minutes away. There is a free green council bus with a bus stop close by where you can catch the bus for free to Westfield.

Checkin was nice enough. The staff on the front counter where friendly but didn't really make small talk.

I checked into my room 1013 the room was nice enough but VERY DARK this tiny little window. Which would not have even measured a meter. As per other comments the AC is very loud.

The bathroom was big and the tub was huge. The mini bar did not have a huge selection. It was odd there was a bottle opener yet no wine? No wine glasses however I had 6 standard water glasses which seemed odd.

I went to the bar on the Saturday night and I wanted at the counter for 10 minutes for somebody to serve me. Considering there was a function going on in the ballroom I would have thought they would have had the bar staffed.

I pre-booked breakfast yet when I got to the restaurant they had to ring to confirm if I had breakfast included or not. There was all theses table established in groups I was flying solo so did not feel comfortable in taking a table for 6 when i was by myself there was 5 other tables that were either 2 or 3 seaters however they were flithy I had to request for them to be cleaned and the woman did not seem that friendly to accomodate me when I requested this.

I was then seated a table that was wobbly and my coffee spilt everywhere. Breakfast was nothing to rave about $20 pre booked or $28 on the morning. Highly overrated. The fresh pancake machine was nice though.

Time to checkout. Clearly the guy serving me was new or just simply couldnt be bothered no smile no did you enjoy your stay. Nothing. So much for customer service.

Then the nice little surpise of checking my bank account to find that I had been charged twice for my room. When I called to advise them I was told that yes the guy had but he had corrected it. It would have been nice to actually be told when I was still at the checkout counter instead of finding out myself.

Terrible service. Would not recommend this place at all.

Room Tip: Request a room with a full window not a little triangle
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Michael D, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Parramatta, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear Kelly S

Please firstly allow me to apologise for you recent stay it sounded terrible from start to end on several levels. We have meet with all the departments concerned and reviewed your comments in detail to ascertain and make sure we do not have a repeat of your events. If you would like to get in contact with me either by direct private email on Tripadvisor or calling the hotel direct I would like the opportunity to discuss this further with you.

Beverly Hills, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I thought i was going back to los angeles when i actually tried to find that hotel. It is in the very western crime-prown suburbs of sydney what upperclass sydney people avoid and try to ignore. You better learn bengali,hindu or chinese when you go to that city because english will not bring you very far.i am an hilton diamond and an accor platinum member and used tosome pretty good places...this is none of them. I took this one because i got a deal(haha!) at only 169 us (what a rip off) (rack rate 299 us,are they all nuts?) for this 2 to 3 star establishment. I got an upgrade to a king room (yippieh,dont want to see the rest if this is considered superior) and of course forget about free breakfast (only 30 bucks,mate) , free water (stingy arent they?) free anything...except for the booooring newspaper which they actuall can keep. Room is dated,the hotel was an old sebel place(guess they knew why they sold) and it is a 15 min walk from parramatta train station.a place to be avoided at night ,or even at day...just joking. Shops close at 6.30...gosh how provincial...and the whole place smells of curry and dim sum. I actually thought i was in china or india but okay. Back to my king suite style,haha, room.
Big but boring,old carpets and minibar you better dont dare touching ever. What is wrong that a coke is 6 us in a 2 star hotel? The bathroom is nice,had a tub, the a/c was noisier than a ww2 plane and thei tv was kind of a 32 inch plasma ...resolution like 100 pixels;) doesnt matter ...only typical boringgggg tv shows no need to watch. Coffeemaker with actually free coffee..,yippiee and the pool and spa closed. What a pity would have liked to pay 20 us for a borrowed towel. Gosh they are stingy.
The elevator got stuck one morning and inspite of pushing the alert no one ever came in 10 minutes. At leadt manager debor ah ,nice girl from new zealand offered me a bottle of nz wine to make up for that imcident. The staff was okay,efficient and nice but i certainly would not come back. Imagine they treat platinum accor members like that...how do tehy treat everyone else....
Stingy and uncomfortable with touch of extreme rip off....but that is the overall atmosphere in sydney.a pity because the city actually is quite nice ....

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Michael D, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Parramatta, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Adrianmiami
Thank you for your feedback that you have provided regarding your most recent stay at Novotel Parramatta. Whilst I will review your feedback, I am pleased to hear that Deb was of assistance to you during your stay. I am happy to be contacted on 02 9630 4999, should you wish to discuss any matters of your feedback further.
Kind regards
Buderim, Queensland, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stayed here on business this week and was expecting more from a 4.5 star hotel. The lifts were dodgy with missing buttons and slow to arrive. The whole place has a 'run down' feel and needs renovating. It was quite noisy at night.
The restaurant served a nice steak (albeit a bit overpriced at $39)
Would not stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Lucy4556
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay at Novotel Parramatta.
I agree with you that our lifts are starting to show their age but I am happy to confirm that we are about to undertake a lift upgrade that will bring our lifts up to a fresh modern standard.
Kind regards
Michael Daviss

Been to Novotel Sydney Parramatta? Share your experiences!