“Great venue but these pretzels are making me thirsty” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Perth
“Great venue but these pretzels are making me thirsty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I ate here for the first time on March the 31st 2013. This restaurant is a converted church and it is such an amazing venue. I ordered the bavarian tasting platter and a beautiful strawberry sparkling wine. The pretzels for entree were delicious but a bit too salty as with my main meal the pork belly was crispy crackling in most places and limp the other, hence my very good rating not excellent. I would definitely visit again but the chef needs to lessen the salt quantities.The cowbell being rung everytime people orders schnapps is a good gimmick but soon gets on your nerves after a time . Still a good place to visit

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

80% Recommend
Brisbane, Australia
“Great venue, Good Friday is a tough gig though.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

A few of us stopped by for a beer on Good Friday. For some reason, their licensing conditions apparently meant that they couldn't serve us unless we bought meals (one each for the 4 of us!). I'm not sure why this was necessary as we we'd able to go to the pub later with no issues...

However, the food was good, and the beers were excellent. The service was a little slow even though it wasn't busy.

Would definitely go back, as the converted church is a great venue.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sydney, Australia
“Lovely meal in great surroundings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My husband and I ate here in January, having just popped in for a beer. The choice is great and the bar staff are really helpful if you're not sure what to choose. As its in an old church the inside is really impressive and there is also plenty of seats outside if the weather permits! We decided to have our evening meal too and it was lovely. My husbands steak was very slightly over cooked, but still good and I enjoyed my meal too. We will definitely return here.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sydney
“Just like any other Bavarian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We got great service when we went last, and the staff were friendly. Food was exceptional, as one can expect when they go to a Bavaraian Cafe.

Visited June 2012
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent team lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Went with my team for a pre Christmas lunch. This was my second visit for lunch. The restaurant is situated in an old church which gives a nice ambiance. Works well for groups as they have a number of large tables. The menu is very much what you would expect with all of the German staples. Lots of sausages and other meat options, all executed really well. In our group of 12 everyone was very happy with their main meals. If you like good hearty food in the right atmosphere, then this is the place for you.