“Nearly fantastic..” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Nearly fantastic..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I had one dish here and it was superb (Mallorcan style filet of cod). The next night, a really disappointing dish (Mallorcan stuffed Squid).
I'm an adventurous eater and like to try local dishes, but the latter was just not appetising whatsoever (mincemeat in the squid was bland and tasteless). The former, however, one of the best meals I have had on holiday.
Prices are ok.
Service ... brilliant.
Atmosphere ... perfect.
Catering for children ... more variety needed.
Feels like a gamble with your order because on watching other people get served, some dishes looked incredible, but others not so.
On the whole though, an 8 out of 10.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Friendly service and excellent food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

The service is always excellent and the food equally so. We go back time after time for the warm welcome from Manuel and the team.

• Visited May 2013
Denmark
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Without doubt the best food we had the whole week (and we went 3 times) !!!
Service, very calm, and welcoming, food very nice indeed, and the location is perfect.
My kids were very impressed by the waiter, who could whistle like a little bird !!!
Nice one guys. Highly recommended

• Visited October 2012
Aberdeen (Scotland)
“Excellent food friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We have been going to the old town of Alcudia for many years and have dined in many of its restaurants and the one we always head back to is Ca'n Baraixet. We have always had wonderful food and excellent service. Manu, Claudia and Damien are all very friendly and attentive and will make you feel very welcome. Unlike many of the restaurants in the Plaza, Ca'n Barraixet is owned and run by a local family and has an excellent Mallorcan chef. The chef has,over the last couple of years, added some amazing dishes to the menu. Without a doubt myself and my wife’s favorite dish of the holiday was the roast cod with sobrasada, it was probably the best fish dish I have ever tasted. I tried a piece of my wife’s the first night we were there and although I don’t normally order fish I was so impressed I had it the next time we went back.

If you are looking for authentic Mallorcan food ang good friendly service I would say Ca'n Barraixet is the plave to go.

• Visited July 2012
Swindon
“Excellent tapas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We chose CB purely due to the fact that looking down the tapas menu choices there were a couple of mallorqui dishes and we wanted to try some authentic local cuisine.

Whether what we got was this, we do not know, but it was certainly very tasty.

Service was a little slow, but given that we were not in a hurry and were enjoying just sitting and people watching this was not a problem.

The cost was reasonable, just under €55 for 4 half portions of tapas, a few drinks, coffee and puddings (including the "puding mallorqui" which was scrummy)

• Visited September 2012