“Good lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Good lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I visited the Old Dairy Tearoom with my Grandmother yesterday for a bit of lunch. We had been shopping in Gloucester and decided to head out somewhere so I looked on tripadvisor and this place came up. My Nan and I found the entrance with a little bit of searching as it's a really sweet little place and it felt almost like I was going into a Hobbit house!
We were greeted by a lady who showed us to an available table and then gave us time to decide what to eat. We both plumped for one of the daily specials which was a Ham, Brie and Cranberry toastie with homemade coleslaw and vegetable crisps. This was delicious and very good value for money. The drinks were reasonable too and the atmosphere was lovely. The only niggle I did have was the sullen lady behind the counter who seemed to be having a bad day but otherwise well worth the visit.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Chepstow, United Kingdom
“Lovely place no matter what the weather”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Great food great value lovely atmosphere friendly staff would go there anytime to enjoy an experience

Visited November 2013
“An oasis in the rain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Some friends we were saying with took us to look at this craft centre called Hart's Barn, which has some unusual items,and at very reasonable prices.

We decided to have lunch in the adjacent Old Dairy tea rooms. What a find the food was fantastic, well cooked from local produce, at what I would describe as gastro pub quality. The staff we extremely helpful and friendly.
If you're near to Glouceter on a rainy day and want a treat, head for this place.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“V cosy, warm and delicious food with local ingredients-hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We decided to pop in here for lunch after doing some shopping at the unique and special craft village on a v rainy afternoon. The staff were so friendly and the tea room really cosy and warm in a very understated and genuine way.

The menu had all the lovely usual things you would expect from a traditional tea room plus some delicious extras on the specials boards. I loved the fact the ingredients were made from local produce, infact I would go as far to say that nearly all the ingredients appeared to be local. The fact that there was a good range of food for peoples with different dietary needs is brilliant.

Was a selection of scrummy, impressive looking cakes on offer and I have to whole hardheartedly disagree with the other reviewer on here who referred to one as yucky. Delicious I think would be a more fitting description- unless you dont like cake this is!!(we had a carrot cake too).

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Perfect lunch....apart from the cake.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Venue - Lovely - nothing more to say on that point! Gorgeous setting also.
Ambience - again - Lovely! Quaint, lovely soft furnishings and bone china cups and saucers. Am totally loving the tea cosies!!!! way to go!
Staff - very friendly/helpful and responsive.
Food - I had the ham/cheese/marmalade chutney melt - was completely delicious and obviously prepped by a foodie! My partner had the ploughmans - no problem in adding ham to the meal - again, it was delicious with home made chutneys and fresh ham. I ordered a portion of carrot cake - on the plus side (and a big plus for me), was served with a cake fork! However the cake lacked ingredients and flavour with a yucky icing. Sorry!
Would have been a 5 star visit but for the cake..... but thank you anyway for a lovely visit - highly recommended.

• Visited September 2013