We'd been away for over a fortnight,staying in a country house hotel,a luxury self-catering apartment and a top-class B&B.This was our last night away, en route home and it couldn't have been better. A friendly pub, extremely busy (Saturday night),but the cheerful staff coped well with the pressure.The food was brilliant.An amazing choice of pies,plus a comprehensive menu of other mouth-watering dishes- but the pies were outstanding
"Mad about Pies" Yes,indeed - passionate about pies,and a reputation well deserved.A very popular restaurant,probably essential to book in advance
The bedrooms,round a courtyard at the rear of the pub,were clean,comfortable and quiet,with huge beds you could get lost in!
A perfect place to end our holiday.We look forward to a return visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Simply put, we love food. Not just for what it is, but for the experience that accompanies it. Homely surroundings, great company and conversation,attentive waiters, who become friends and of course fine wines from around the world. After a evening of gastro food delights, gourmet pies and laughter infront of the open fire retire to our courtyard of boutique individually designed rooms and drift off, to wake up to the sounds, sights and smells of the idyllic gloucestershire countryside. Followed of course by a hearty breakfast and maybe a stroll up the majestic May Hill ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your The Farmers Boy Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Farmers Boy Hotel Longhope
- The Farmers Boy Inn Longhope, Gloucestershire