We were lucky enough to win a night's dinner b&b as a competition prize and really couldn't have been better looked after by Phil and his lovely team. We decided that we had to have the pies for dinner: I had the gourmet Steak and Guinness with Mature Blue Cheese and my husband sampled the same pie but with Brie instead of Blue Cheese, alongside a delicious plate of new potataoes and vegetables. Was the nicest pie I have ever eaten but so filling! Others in the restaurant were sampling desserts but we couldn't even contemplate eating anything else! Breakfast the next morning was really delicious too and you really could appreciate the quality of the locally sourced ingredients, including bacon, sausage, black pudding and free range eggs, which I had scrambled and I have to say again, were the most wonderful scrambled eggs I have ever eaten! Room was really good, too; tastefully decorated and relaxing with Sky TV and a great shower. Enjoyed so much we would happily pay to go back and are planning to do so before too long, as we would love to take in some more of the lovely scenery in the area and perhaps tackle some walks to alleviate the affect of all that great food!
The passion for the business which Phil clearly has is obvious to see and his staff all seem to share the same ethos, nothing is too much trouble for them and they are often one step ahead of your needs in ensuring that you enjoy a fantastic stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Simply put, we love food. Not just for what it is, but for the experience that accompanies it. Homely surroundings, great company and conversation,attentive waiters, who become friends and of course fine wines from around the world. After a evening of gastro food delights, gourmet pies and laughter infront of the open fire retire to our courtyard of boutique individually designed rooms and drift off, to wake up to the sounds, sights and smells of the idyllic gloucestershire countryside. Followed of course by a hearty breakfast and maybe a stroll up the majestic May Hill ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your The Farmers Boy Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Farmers Boy Hotel Longhope
- The Farmers Boy Inn Longhope, Gloucestershire