“Value for money” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Brockworth
Camberley, United Kingdom
“Value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Please note that I am writing this review purely on the room and the welcome/service I received. I did not eat at the restaurant.

Arrived - easily found - at a new building, close by a Costa, Tesco and other amenities.

The welcome was very friendly and polite - appreciated after a long day and bit of a drive.

Room is big, shower is great. Clean, tidy and everything working.

As I say, this is a very basic review of my room and short-term experience here.

Paid £29 for the room, decent price, and exactly what it says on the tin.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Philip H, Front Office Manager at Premier Inn Gloucester Business Park, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for your review and recommendation.
We appreciate all feedback we receive and I will be passing you comments on to the team.
It really matters to us that our guests enjoy their stay and we would like welcome you back next time you visit.
Team Leader

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

It's a year since I last stayed here and reviewed this hotel so this is an update.
Main change is that breakfast is now buffet style but some dishes are served e.g. porridge which was very good. Continental breakfast has a pretty good selection except no cheese which is unusual.

Good points

Very easy to get to. Close to M5 with easy access towards Cheltenham, Oxford etc. Ample free parking (you get a voucher at reception for your windscreen)

I really liked having a full size bath and a big bath towel (well done for listening) so I could have a long soak. Bed and pillows were both very comfortable. TV is not modern but has full range of Freeview Channels. Ample supplies of tea and coffee but no toiletries (e.g. shampoo). The soap/shampoo dispenser on the wall didn't work so I had to dismantle it to get some out. I tried to fix it but no joy. Receptionist said they are planning to replace them
Staff are very friendly and welcoming

Bad Points

Only three. First is the same as last year namely that the water pressure to the toilet is so low that it takes ages to fill up. Sometimes you need a second flush. Only way is to remove the cistern lid and fill it by hand. This shouldn't be necessary but alternative was to leave the toilet as it was (no more information, promise!)

Second is re check in. We arrived at about 12 and they couldn't check us in as the system was down and the receptionist didn't know how to sort it. She checked that our booking was OK and asked us to come back later. When we got back, the (different) receptionist said that she couldn't find our booking but she did in the end.

Third relates to the adjoining restaurant, not the hotel. We had late lunch in the adjoining restaurant but everything has to be ordered from the bar and there weren't enough staff to avoid long queues. Upshot was we hadn't have desserts (probably good). Sunday carvery looked unappetising and not a patch on the Toby in Brockworth village, a mile away.

But apart from the toilet problem hotel was excellent value and I would stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Philip H, Front Office Manager at Premier Inn Gloucester Business Park, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Thank you once again for your review.
Leominster, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Please be aware about leaving anything in the rooms as you wont get it back! I unfortunately left a Kindle in the room but i have been told they have'nt got it. Very disappointed Premier Inn!!! I have made a number of phone calls, including to head office, all to no avail. How can they introduce such tight controls on security yet let something like this go on?

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Philip H, Front Office Manager at Premier Inn Gloucester Business Park, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell far short of your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised are being fully investigated. Thank you once again for your review.
Warrington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Had a good time with my family in April, the children like it and so do i
May be is the best I've ever being to so far, they have good friendly rapport
Will recommend this hotel to every one pls go there and see for yourselves, it's family friendly and they are really good at it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

Thank you for your review and recommendation.
Oxford, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed after an evening in Cheltenham and needed to get up early to drive down to Devon. My partner had used PI before so on her recommendation I looked at what was available in the area. The location was easy to find - just off the M5 and it was incredible value for money. It's no frills but I didn't need anything fancy and just wanted a bed for the night. There's a huge 24-h Tesco next door as well as a pub, Costa, and Greggs. If I needed to stay in the area again I'd definitely go back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed you visit with us and would like to welcome you back to the Gloucester Business Park Premier Inn in the future.
Rochester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We had a family party so travelled the night before and stayed here. Was very impressed with the size of the room and facilities. I asked if I could hire an iron and was given one free. Have been to places were they charge. We ate in the attached restaurant. It was a buffet night I didn't like the look of that so had fish and chips good prices good meals.

The room was clean all the linen was very clean towels were soft. Tv had good service. staff were very friendly and helpful. There was someone walking about upstairs but the premier inn cant stop insomniacs. Four pillows for the main bed normally we have to ask for more. All in all would totally recommend this place. Visited with husband and two children

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Philip H, Front Office Manager at Premier Inn Gloucester Business Park, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It was great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Gloucester Business Park. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy their stay and your feedback is very much appreciated.
Kind regards
New Brighton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Premier Inn Gloucester Business Park in order to visit my sister who'd just had a baby. Therefore it really was just a place to rest our heads. As such it couldn't have been better. Our family room was really quiet at the end of the ground floor wing. Service in the hotel was friendly and we were located right next to the pretty standard, but new and convenient facilities of the business park. The only let down was the staff in the adjoining Brewers Fayre pub who were cold and unfriendly. Otherwise a great place to set down for a short visit - especially handy with kids.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review, we always like to hear from our guests.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at the hotel.
I will pass your comments on to the restaurant management team to prevent your experience from being repeated.
Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards.
Team Leader

Been to Premier Inn Gloucester Business Park? Share your experiences!