We stayed at the Wanderer's as part of our honeymoon trip down the east coast. We stayed in both the treehouse and a cottage. The treehouse is a fine example of a marriage between a love of the outdoors and luxury accommodation. The morning views are lovely, crisp sunlight streaming in when you choose to open the blinds. The fluffy robes were a welcome touch after our long travels, as was the spa bath and fantastic powerful shower lots of hot water, fluffy towels and complimentary goodies that make you feel well looked after. The kitchen facilities were really comprehensive -really you couldn't want for anything more. Just pack some food and you're good to go!
The cottages are the same, a few less luxuries than the treehouse but they offer greater proximity to wildlife.....we've seen a kangaroo that comes to say hello, a koaola and several cheeky as you like possums! The cottages are well kitted out and secluded from onlookers. Fab porch to sit out and enjoy a great BBQ-treehouse also has BBQ. The cottages are quite spacious and are great for families and couples alike. There is also a pool that is well maintained- in fact I thought it was newly fitted!
The location is brilliant, a tiny walk and you're at a picturesque beach, peaceful and not overcrowded.
The owners couldn't be more helpful, warm and welcoming. We have enjoyed our stay immensely and recommend anyone to get away from it all by staying at Wanderer's!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wanderers Retreat is a property dedicated to providing our guests with the highest quality stay with modern amenities whilst maintaining a very low ecological footprint. We provide accommodation with ratings between 3 and 4.5. From 2 bedroom cottages, studio style Treehouses and one bedroom Bush Cottage (both with private spas) to the Beach House with 4 bedrooms and 8 person spa. Situated just 400 meters from One Mile Beach and 7 km from the marina in Nelson Bay. We are set in bushland within koala habitat and frequently have koala on the property. All cottages are sited for privacy and talking/seeing your neighbour is largely a decision you will make. Being an Eco retreat does not mean depriving yourself of the comforts of home, indeed in a lot of our cottages you will exceed or at least equal them. As for the unique nature of Wanderers Retreat? Come and experience that for yourself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Wanderers Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wanderers Retreat Hotel Anna Bay
- Wanderers Retreat Port Stephens/Anna Bay, Australia