* very close to beach
* lots of things for kids to do though facilities are tired.
* 2 bedroom villa. (Owners need to just call them 2 bedroom cabins) bit misleading.
*no back on DVD remote, no batteries in it.
*kitchen would have been nice 15 years ago. Grill broken, no chopping board to prepare food, furnishings outdated, range hood really greasy and dirty.
Floors were dirty upon arrival, toilet absolutely reeked of urine!! Had to leave door closed and exhaust fan on and window open for entire weekend. Not sure if cleaners are aware toilet seats sometimes need to be taken off so the grime underneath can be cleaned otherwise they will always stink. Maybe every 3 months get down on your hands and knees and get into the corners with bleach and a scrubbing brush as corners were full of filthy black grime and pubic hair from years of Pushing a mop into the corners. Tiles were mouldy.
*Every now and again u need to open an air conditioner and take out the "removable" filters and wash them, that way it runs better and smells better. Please don't leave it up to guests paying over $240 a night to do.
Boards on porch were coming up.
Lots of empty cabins in peak season, which was really strange.
*premium prices for poor facilities really. It's a shame the amenities haven't been upgraded every time the price has.
I noticed a previous reply to another bad review on trip advisor from the new owners blaming GFC flow on effect for the run down facilities. Fair enough that may well be the case. Maybe upon check in these new owners could say "we have just taken over in peak season, the place is a bit run down, but here's 10% off the price of your stay to show our good faith in your return business"
We are a young family looking for a place to come annually for the next 20 years or more and I'm sad to say that somewhere else will be getting our future business.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Tingo and Booking.com so you can book your One Mile Beach Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One Mile Beach Holiday Park Hotel Anna Bay
- 1 Mile Beach Holiday Park
- One Mile Beach Holiday Park Port Stephens/Anna Bay, Australia