“a lovely friendly experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aranyakam

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kalpetta
Aranyakam
You added Aranyakam to your Saves list
Valathoor,Rippon, Kalpetta 673577, India   |
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Kalpetta
london, uk
“a lovely friendly experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2009

we stayed for three nights after christmas and had a really wonderful time. we stayed in one of the huts for the first two nights and felt like we were in the middle of the forest. we were woken by beautiful sunshine and loud birdsong. the view from the hut was extraordinary. at this time of year it was a bit cold and we asked for more blankets and then jumped at the chance to stay in the lovely main house for the last night.
the price we paid included everything - wonderful, delicious and varied food and all trips locally.
the best thing about the stay was the friendliness and hospitality of rajesh and neema who (without imposing in any way) treated us like friends, even taking us to the train station at calicut and treating us to a wonderful lunch with family on the way.
a great place to get away and relax

• Liked — food and friendliness
  • Disliked — nthing really
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Bangalore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2008

This review is going to be a frank one - No hype and hoopla.

I and my wife were very apprehensive on "Home Stay" kind of place for our quick vacation, and moreover this was the first time in our life at a Home Stay. So we gathered our thoughts, packed our bags and left for Aranyakam from Bangalore early morning and reached the destination sometime around mid-noon.

Well, from the time we landed we were treated as if we had already visited the place earlier (or coming to relative's home or more appropriately should I say a friend's place). Once I was out of the car, a soft-spoken boy came rushing into parking area inviting us inside the building, and to start off we were offered lemon juice (typical south indian hospitality), were made to feel comfortable - by showing us the place of stay and other areas interest around the coffee plantation.

We were tired because our journey started early in the morning, and as I was still having a nap, we heard a vehicle driving into the plantation and that was the host of the home (stay-I am excluding this because, I don't think it was anymore a home stay and needn't be mentioned).

All the 2 nights and 2 1/2 days of our stay was as if I visited my in law's place, (where I am usually treated like king ;) and I believe everyone is), and my wife felt as homely as it was her own home. And soon time had come to depart, and we were sad to leave the place to start back for Bangalore. The host of the place was so considerate while we were leaving that he got us lot of stuff from the garden for us, and my wife couldn't stop saying to host "you are sending me off as if a Mother is sending off her Daughter to her in-law's place after marriage - again typical south indian style".

Now, I have just told all you guys, the start and end points, and you would know (not guess) how was my 2 days stay. So, you want to feel "Sweet" home away from home, then you will visit this place.

Enjoy, and Thanks for reading!

• Liked — Ambience of surroundings, Hospitality
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cologne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2008

We loved the serenity of the place. It is a guesthouse in an old coffe plantation. The luxury huts have a magnificent view on the mountains, valley and river. The "normal" rooms inside the plantation are spacious as well. You can sit on the veranda on beautiful settees for afternoon tea with snacks (banana fritter, pakora, etc). The restaurant is set under huge trees and cooks home-made food with organic vegetables from their own garden. The owner is lovely and the staff is very friendly.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Aranyakam? Share your experiences!