“Unbelievable!! Especially during the monsoon!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ayurveda Yoga Villa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kalpetta
Ayurveda Yoga Villa
You added Ayurveda Yoga Villa to your Saves list
Palvelichem, Bavali PO, Kartikulam | Kuruva Island, Kalpetta, India   |
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Kalpetta
La Rochelle, France
“Unbelievable!! Especially during the monsoon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Just incredible!! A wonderful place in earth, built with love! Thank you Ajith and Caisa for making this place feel like home!
Everyone who stays here will leave with a year in their eye and will carry it in their hearts.
Everything from the rooms, the food the treatments are authentic, real India. There is nothing to say and each year it gets better and better!!

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Finnish first
Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Healing through treatments, diet, Yoga and Pooja while developing your mind.

My AyurvedaYogaVilla experience from November-December:

Picture this: You´ll be living in a national park, stunningly beautiful surrondings next to a river.

Service: I always recived great service during my stay, from all the staff and their different departments.

The Staff: Kind and hard working people, always greeted with a smile supporting you in every way the can during your stay and your treatments

I stayed a total of 6 weeks and spent 5 weeks in the Yoga Villa and one week in their new mountain retreat Udayagiri Hill Resort. They are both amazing in their own way. The Mountain retreat has breath taking views, excellent place for meditation, yoga, panchakarma and a more personal service as it is less people there. The Yoga Villa is more busy catering for 20 guests, but still if I had to pick one my heart is in the Ayurveda Yoga Villa.

The value is remarkably good. You get a lot for your money here IF you decide to follow their program: Yoga 2 times a day, Auyrveda Treatment, Food, Room, Pooja (Prayer 2 a day), Chanting (Wednesday and Saturday), Daily talks with your private doctor. Kalahari 2 times a day and much much more..

Owner: Ajith, the owner of the place is continuesly strive to perfect the Yoga Villa. He has a big heart and a special touch for details. Take a look at their pharmacy, visit their farm, talk with the Swami´s (holy men) staying at the place on a regular basis and you´ll understand more of what is going on here. If you arrive with an open mind and give the stay your best effort you will achieve great results here.

At last a big, warm THANK YOU to all the staff and the people that I met during my stay at Ayurveda Yoga Villa. And a special thanks to Ajith, Shakti, Sachin, Sajid, Hari and Dr. Vipin. Thank you all for making my stay an incredible rewarding experience. I am looking forward and hope to see you all again in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We chose this villa due to the reviews on here but were suprised that it did not live up to what we had read. There was poor communication from the very start of our arrival. Nothing was explained to us, when we arrived they sat us in the front room gave us some tea and did not return for 1/2hr, we were taken to our room which was the cheaper room even though we paid for River cottages(they did move us). We saw our Dr's the next day who were very thorough and put us on our own individual program. However these Dr's left without warning half way through our stay and management never explained or spoke to us about this, we had to get what information we could from other guest. So for the second half I only got to see a Dr twice and that was only because we complained. My medication stop coming without explanation until again I had to chase it up and I was told they had none left and would take a few days to arrive which it never did. So the main reason I was there I was not actually properly treated for.
Rooms were ok but dark and the beds are very hard and uncomfortable. (you can request a foam mattress to go on top)
The food was ordinary, cheap and simple and not individually catered. I did lose 9 kg but that was more from not eating the food then anything else. (and I love Indian food but the food was very bland)
The staff there were lovely and the treatment girls were amazing and very professional but management needs to learn how to communicate with their guest.
The grounds and surrounds are beautiful and away from any main towns which I liked.
Overall I was disappointed and did not receive the treatment I went for and paid for.

Room Tip: You are not guaranteed the room you paid for.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

In Febraury this year i spent 3 weeks in the Ayurveda Yoga Villa. I booked this peaceful place to take a rest of the outside world and to build up my energy.
This beautiful warm place with the nature, good food, special treatments, the careful attention of the doctors and the caring of Shakti helped me to trust my own feelings again and to find my own equipment for live. Thank you and hope to visit you again!

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
torino
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I just finished a 42 day panchakarma at Udayagiri hill resort.
PRO:
I lost 7 kilo's (great sixpack :-) .
Improved my digestive power.
Well versed ayurvedic doctor (dr. Anu Tony).
Good massagers (Jayesh & Nidish).
Nice food. (Girija).
Very friendly staff.
Nature & peaceful surroundings.
Good Yoga teacher (Jay Kumar).

Cons:
Hygiene

Room Tip: try to google a bit about panchakarma so there will be no surprises for you, about the indicated die...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Espoo, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I visited Ayurveda Yoga Villa second time this February. I stayed two weeks, and enjoyed the visit very much. The holistic approach to health is their way of taking care of visitors in beautiful environment, with friendly staff, good food and appropriate practices. This all made my visit worth of long travelling. Maybe next year again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Being the first time traveler to India and specifically the newcomer to the world of Ayurveda treatment, we did have some concerns over how it was going to happen, though curiosity and strong belief that this would help a lot to our minds and bodies contributed significantly to our decision to go. Eventually, our stay and treatment in Ayurveda Yoga Villa met our expectations completely. If you really want to make a terrific research of fundamentals of harmony and balance of your body and mind, do give it a try. However, do not expect luxury of a modern five star hotel stay. Instead, be prepared for rather modest though all that reasonably acceptable homestay, hard work, both physical and mental, rigorous diet restrictions and specific Ayurveda treatments, where very amiable staffs, family like ambient and fantastic views around would help enormously. But surely, all these “hardships” would be very rewarding and beneficial and, of which we are absolutely confident, would create a solid ground for a positive change of your views over your lifestyle.

Room Tip: Try to get river side cottages.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Ayurveda Yoga Villa? Share your experiences!