“Better be serious about it” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ayurveda Yoga Villa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kalpetta
Ayurveda Yoga Villa
Palvelichem, Bavali PO, Kartikulam | Kuruva Island, Kalpetta, India   |
Ranked #2 of 14 hotels in Kalpetta
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Better be serious about it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We went for the experience being in South of India. It is an excellent place for people who are seriously seeking help from Ayurveda. It is isolated from the world and I mean it - it is on Kurva Dweep - Dweep means island so you better be serious about it.

Pros:
1. Amazing massage therapy - don't be surprised this one is unlike any other, it is suggested as per your body by the doctor. 4 hands & your are butt naked.
2. They know what they are doing and very professional about it
3. helpful with things in and around the villa

Cons
1. We were leaving and I requested if the morning therapy can be moved to a better time wasn't the case. What I felt sad about we were scheduled without being consulted 7AM - Obviously we missed it
2. Over emails I was told yoga practiced is Ashthanga whereas it was a much milder version perhaps for others who had joined in.

Otherwise an amazing experience and a place. Staff is helping and tries their best to cope up with everyone's requirements.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

242 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Singapore, null, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I went here this Oct 2012 for a 1 week Ayurveda DE-stressing stay at the Ayurveda Yoga Villa. I was experiencing all sorts of stress and headaches from the modern city life back in my home country which was the biggest reason for my retreat to Ayurveda Yoga Villa.
The place is quiet, peaceful serene, isolated (so do not expect modern facilities like cafes, TV, WIFI...) They have PC with internet but its usually down and there is no phone services. However, the receptionist (Ms Shakti) will try her best to let you use the phones for calls if needed, you just have to pay for the usage. So perhaps, you want to make arrangements for internet and overseas phone calls beforehand on your own if you require the service when you are there. The whole reason for this set is to experience the natural way of a healthy lifestyle.
Ayurveda Yoga Villa provides you the complete relaxation and other Ayurveda treatments from the most caring and professional doctors. I was so impressed by the doctors, esp Dr. Vipin, the massage therapists, yoga teachers, all the staffs. Every one was so caring and good to all the guests, treating each one of us as their utmost responsibility and i certainly felt like I was a family member there. I was not disappointed in any of the staffs there, as each of them exceeded my expectations. They try their level best to meet your requirements and provide you the best care, treatment and services. I felt so relaxed, mentally, physically, spiritually and holistically healed in just 3 days! I am back home now and am still feeling so calm, healthy, relaxed and well. Now I am fully recharged and rejuvenated and it is like I am starting a new chapter in my life. God Bless the people in Ayurveda Yoga Villa for their kindness. Thank You so much!

Room Tip: All rooms are simple, similar and nice. Remember to have your own phone and internet services if y...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Medellin, Colombia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I would like to express my deep gratitude to the wonderful people of the Ayurveda Yoga Villa.
My husband and me stayed there for one month and really it was a very beautiful and helpful experience! The place is completely green, very clean air but the best was the beautiful hearts of the team from whom we received the most genuine kindness and great help. The ayurvedic treatment, the yoga classes and the massages just excellent!!
It was also very interesting to be with people from many different parts of the world. I learned also many things just talking with different "nationalities".
Both my physical and mental health improved and now I am doing yoga and meditation in a better way .
Thank you again specially to the Ayurvedic Doctor Suhas, Naveen the yoga teacher, Swami Mytri with him we had enriching and very warm conversations and Chinyu and Tindu the beautiful massage girls. From them I am sure you could receive great help!
Ana from Colombia

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Moscow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

AYV is the unique place – not a spa, not a hospital, and definitely not just a hotel, this holistic center is infused with positive energy, calmness and beauty. It heals body, mind and soul... I returned 3 weeks ago, and I still feel peace, calm and serenity in my heart.

I came for 28 days for Panchakarma course in September-October 2012, and now I see that it was the best decision I could make for my inner and outer health. Good things started to happen on the very first week - I got rid of my eczema and my blood pressure stabilized. The doctors are very committed; you’ll have lots of personal attention during the consultation sessions. Please don’t hesitate to ask them to explain you the purpose of the procedures – all you questions will be answered.

If you don’t know anything about Ayurvedic principles, it is a good idea to read about it before you go, so that you would be mentally prepared for the treatment (very good book for beginners to start is “Essential Ayurveda: What It Is and What It Can Do for You” by Shubhra Krishan; also any of the following books will suit the purpose well: “Ayurveda The Science of Self-Healing” by Vasant Lad, “Ayurveda and Panchakarma: The Science of Healing and Rejuvenation” by Sunil V. Joshi).

You’ll have lots of things to do during the day: morning/evening pooja, walking, yoga, kalari, meditation near the river, bhajan singing 2 days a week, and for sure you’ll have the time to look into yourself – this is what I miss most of all back in Moscow.

The rooms are very spacious, with dark ceiling, which makes them really cozy. Beds are a bit hard, but it was not a problem for me. WC built in western style, very clean. The facilities are clean, the kitchen is very clean, and the food is gorgeous. Don’t miss the Sunday lunch (cooked with love, served on banana leaf) – it is the quintessence of Keralian hearty hospitality.

If you are more into solitude, the good option might be to book Herbal cottage, as it is located in the isolated corner of the villa. Or, probably, even better choice would be to stay in the newly built mountain resort Udayagiri – the owner kindly showed me this place, and I was really impressed by the beautiful and peaceful surrounding. Next time I hope to spend at least a week there.

My story would be incomplete if I didn’t mention the atmosphere at AYV – you feel like you come back home; the staff is incredibly caring and loving. Guests from all over the world and nice people who work at AYV create the unique ambiance – you’ll never find anything like this anywhere else. I was literary drifting on the waves of the divine love… My very special “thank you” for Saji (Mr. Sunshine, who can arrange everything), Hari (sending you my pranams!), Dr. Vipin and Dr. Suhas (thank you for your daily guidance and weekly conversations!), Naveen (thank you for all your help with yoga!), my treatment girls Bijina and Jeena, Sushama and Jytin (I still remember the Sunday lunch!), Prasobh (amazing chanting!), Bikash and Nimitha, kalary teacher and all and everybody in the villa. And, of course, there’s a special thank you to Ajith, the owner, without whom AYV will never happen… Lots of divine love to all of you!

Bettmeralp
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I went to Ayurvedayogavilla to improve my health, and I ended with a new energi and a change of my life. After six weeks of stay, at first four weeks in AYV and then two more weeks in Udayagiri Hill View Cottage I felt complet.
Being healthy is- being complet, to be one hole human, when body,mind and soul comes together in a harmonic play. Furthermore how I could get in better contact with myself and my personality. Because all that matters is to be balanced living in harmony with the laws of nature.
I always needed nature for my well-being but I did not realize how important it is. My focus was missing, not being aware of happinings, not being consious.
In wunderfull AYV you can get anything you want. Placed in an amazing nature runned from a brilliant concept, that includes the hole human being. Means not only the physical problems(which they take care of very consious) but they give lots of opportunities to take care of your mind and soul as well.Somehow the weekness of the materialismus, slowli opening for new lifeprinciples and also finding more spirituality. And many of us in the AYV had changing lifesituations.
Whenever I felt the magic of my own spirituality I would find somebody to talk to, and also you can join the pooja ,the banjan listen to the "fluteplayer" or the sound of the river. . Maybe visit the astrolog ore practice meditation. I can recommend you to do so." In the End you`ll know why."
The beaty of this place, the trees, the flowers, the surroundings with its ricefields and the very friendly natives. The very good treatments,( so nice to be in a good body). The nice vegetarian food, the warm support from the doctors. the very friendly staff and the good talks with the spirituals.
...open, and let things happen...

Gitte, Switzerland

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Go here if you want to nourish your body, mind and soul. Staffed by efficient and caring personnel and tucked away in the quiet, green oasis of rice paddy fields - AYV has a little bit of magic in everything they offer; the food, the music, the mantras, the ayurvedic treatment - all with the genuine warmth that is the trademark style of keralites.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I was not disappointed. A well-chosen place near the river. Nice and cozy accommodation.
Very kind and attentive doctors, all the staff. Democratic and talented owner of the clinic. Quality treatment, massage, simple and delicious food. They prepare their own medicines. Interesting people from all continents and different countries. At last was practicing my English (I apologize to all for that):
Left in tears and want to return. Hi Sameera, Monique, Gita, Jason. Warmest Regards and Greetings to Queen C. Sunshine !

Vasiliy. From Russia with love.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Ayurveda Yoga Villa? Share your experiences!