“Good Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sunsuri Phuket

You added Sunsuri Phuket to your Saves list
Sunsuri Phuket
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11/5 Moo 1, Rawai, Muang, Nai Harn, Phuket 83130, Thailand (Formerly U Sunsuri Phuket)   |
Special Offer
Early Bird 25% discount
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nai Harn
4.5 of 5 stars 381 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
“Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

My room was way up the hill so I got a nice surprise w/ breathtaking lake & ocean view. Booked a Grand Deluxe Room which so worth the extra thousand baht with huge bed & bathtub, particularly like the wardrobe that could be reach from both Bathroom & Bedroom. Breakfast was sufficient, dinner was 5-star and reasonably priced. Can't ignore the swimming pools as they're laying across the resort, really big and fun for children. Check in did take a bit long yet the staff remained polite Thai manner.

Room Tip: Rooms near the swimming pool could be quite noisy but easy acccess to the pools Rooms up the hill r...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
USP_General_Manager, General Manager at Sunsuri Phuket, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear MamaBabaRocks111,

Greetings from U Sunsuri Phuket.

I would like to begin by thanking you for taking the time to send us your feedback regarding your recent stay at U Sunsuri. Your invaluable comments are greatly appreciated as they allow us to maintain our high standards of comfort and service.

I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and would like to thank you for your kind comments. At U Sunsuri our ultimate goal is your complete satisfaction and feedback such as yours only encourages the entire team to strive to offer our guests the perfect holiday experience.

May I end by saying that it was an absolute pleasure to have the chance to serve you and we look forward to seeing you again on the beautiful island of Phuket where you will be assured a very warm welcome.

Richard Mehr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We stayed here 5 nights as a couple. Here's what we thought:

PROS
1. Deluxe room was great, large bed and clean with good wifi.
2. Pool was amazing. Loved all areas of pool, it's huge!
3. Staff nice and friendly.
4. Good value for the money.

CONS
1. Remote location with no good restaurants in walking distance, hotel restaurant ok but expensive and did not cater to healthy or vegetarian.
2. Over priced taxis to get anywhere and always some stress to haggle a price. No hotel free shuttle anywhere ( many other hotels have free shuttle). After 5 days we felt trapped and could not wait to leave.
3. Restaurant coffee at breakfast was disgusting and undrinkable at best. Lack of healthy options. Old style buffet.
4. Top rooms have many steps to get there but hotel does have buggy.
5. Top rooms are where the staff seem to hide every morning to chat. We heard staff talking away every morning outside our room, had to open door and make it known to be quiet. Somewhat annoying when trying to rest in peace!
6. They have quiet area pool but it was full of screaming kids whole time we were there. Not a lot of quiet if you are a couple, in this hotel families rule. We gave up on quiet area and just moved to the main pool!

In short, this hotel has a lot of potential to improve just by upping the food and coffee, offering better transport to kata or beyond even a once daily free shuttle and enforcing an adult only area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jennifer T,

Greetings from U Sunsuri Phuket.

I would like to thank you for sharing your views on your stay at U Sunsuri Phuket. I am always grateful that people take the time to write a review as sometimes we are not made aware of any issues experienced while the guest is in residence and have to rely on websites such as this to ascertain any matters that need our attention. Despite the outstanding feedback we have gratefully received since opening both myself and my team will never “rest on our laurels” and every single guest comment is given serious thought as to how things can be enhanced or improved upon.

Your list of “pros” are deeply appreciated but, more importantly, it is the “cons” that are of most interest to me. A hotel has but one mission concerning the guests and that is that they are completely satisfied with their stay. Your feedback is invaluable in allowing us to meet those standards of satisfaction.

I would like to offer a genuine apology concerning those areas in which we did not live up to your expectations and address your comments point by point.

We do have in fact a choice of healthy and vegetarian dishes and I am sorry they were not made available for you to view, our Chef Garfield has quite high principals when it comes to healthy food and should you have had any dietary requirements, it would have been good to have been made aware beforehand and/or speak directly to our chef who is around the breakfast buffet every morning or in the kitchen at Surf restaurant every evening. I will make sure with our F&B team that should we have any similar inquiries in the future, to redirect our guests to the chef.

Unfortunately and much to my regrets we do not have any power over the local taxis and their fees. In agreement with the local taxi 'gangs' we are allowed to provide scheduled transfers for free to Phuket town, Patong and to Nai Harn Beach. After checking with other hotels in our area, as well as in Kata, none of them provide free transfers to other destination unless it is Patong and/or Phuket town and part of a scheduled transfer. Kindly let me know which hotel you have experienced, is providing free transfers around the island.

I have taken note of your comments on our coffee and 'old style breakfast buffet' and disagree with your allegations. Many customers have shared positive comments on our breakfast buffet and I personally check the buffet every morning as well as drink the "disgusting" coffee you have mentioned and I am sorry that we have different taste expectations. We do offer healthy options such as infusions, smoothies, fruit juices most of them are available on our buffet.

I have strong words with my Housekeeping team and reiterated the importance of being silent around the customer rooms and public areas, I am deeply sorry for this annoyance and rest assured this should not happen again.

We are in fact a family hotel and welcome families, however, the silent area of the pool should be silent and my employees working around the pool should reinforce this directly with customers having overlooked our signage. I am sorry that we have not been able to meet with your expectations and for this experience. After checking with my F&B employees and Front Office employees, I have no record of you mentioning this to any of our employees or guest relations.

I am thankful that you brought-up these imperfections in the hotel and rest assured, I will be looking into it personally.

We do hope having the pleasure of your company once more in the very near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My family @ best friends check in for 1 night and that's the best night ever , love the great big pool + kids club+ great food big thanks to chef Garfield ,Love the restaurant thank you to 5 star service can't wait to go back .. See you soon U Sunsuri !
Nina !

Stayed July 2014
Dear นีน่า แ,

On behalf of the entire U Sunsuri Phuket team I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. Your comments are extremely important in revealing what our valued guests are thinking and allowing us to maintain the high levels of service that we have set ourselves.

We would be delighted if you would choose us as your accommodation once again on your next visit to the beautiful island of Phuket.

hong kong
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

keep waiting at lobby for check in,come again according to manager advise time, still no room, although hotel said 24 hours check in and out service.Dissapointed. never come again.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear sandymansh,

Thank you for your insightful review on TripAdvisor.

I fully understand that no customer should be waiting for their room, especially after a long journey, I am sorry for you that our resort was full at the time of your check-in. Thus, I am relieved that you did not have to wait too long and my team was able within a short period of time to provide you with your accommodation.

After investigating our website, fact sheet and online information, I am surprised with your statement of 24 hours check-in and out. We do mention 24 hours room use, unlike other hotels where check-in and check-out time are both fixed at 12.00hrs and 14.00hrs, guests staying in U Hotels can fully enjoy their room for 24 hours from check-in time.

I am sorry that this was unclear to you and that you were unable to understand this sentence. I believe you had otherwise a good time with us after checking in to your room.

Phuket Town, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed at U-Sunsuri for one night during a long weekend. The “keep your room for 24 hour” concept is quite good. The U Choose Program was also a great idea but somehow it didn’t turn out right. We chose Medium Firm Pillow but ended up with very soft one. The mattress was quite soft and puffy; we ended up with back pain next morning. We requested an extra bed when making reservation but they did not put it when we arrived. The hotel offered a complimentary upgrade to the next room category and we got a room on top level. We had to walk up and down the hill as it’s more convenience than waiting for a buggy, but the view was breathtaking and can compensate for that. The room was spacious with great facilities and amenities. Staffs were very friendly and willing to help. We borrowed bicycles from front desk and ride to the beach. The hotel provided kid facilities (kids club, game room etc) and we really enjoy relaxing by the swimming pool. The variety of breakfast in the restaurant was just okay but you can choose to have breakfast wherever or whenever you want. We had dinner at the restaurant, the service was quite slow. We ordered 3 dishes, but got 2 dishes at the same time (with 1 dish colder than another), and received the last dish 40 minutes later. There was only another table in the restaurant, and arrived came after us but they got their food before ours. Overall it’s a great stay and we would love to go back again.

Room Tip: Grand Deluxe in Building 5 - the view is incredible
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Yuvanart,

Greetings from U Sunsuri Phuket.

May I begin by thanking you for taking the time to share you experience at U Sunsuri and making your observations and suggestions known. I am always grateful for feedback where you, the paying guest, indicate ways in which we can maintain and improve on the high standard we set ourselves for the benefit of our future visitors.

However there were certain aspects of your stay that did not meet your expectations and I would like to offer my sincere apologies over these, rest assured that these points will be addressed with our Front Office and Housekeeping on the problems you have encountered with the U Choose program. I will also ask you to please let me know what displeased you with our breakfast buffet, if you could contact me at gm@usunsuriphuket.com, thank you.

I have had a word with our F&B Manager to discuss the reasons of such a slow service you have experienced and asked the service team to come-up with a solution.

Again, thank you for bringing these points to my attention. We hope to welcome you soon again at the Resort.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

This resort hotel is worldclass, including the amenities and the service. The rooms are very big, spacious and beautiful. The staff are very friendly especially those people in the front desk, cart drivers and waiters. Kate, the girl who cleaned our room is very very nice, efficient and very polite. The staff really made our family vacation a relaxing, stress free, fun and memorable. We suggest having breakfast buffet or having your breakfast delivered in your room....the experience was just marvelous. We will surely comeback this December.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
USP_General_Manager, General Manager at Sunsuri Phuket, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Michelle O,

Greetings from U Sunsuri Phuket.

Both myself and my team were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. Your comments are an inspiration in encouraging us to continue to offer our guests the very best hospitality that we possibly can.

When we serve our guests it is always at the forefront of our minds that people have paid a considerable sum of money to come to Thailand for their holiday and if we cannot provide an experience that makes them feel “money well spent” then we have somehow let them down.
Your words serve to show us that hopefully we are on the right track and can only go from strength to strength in providing U guests with a most memorable time.

Please visit us again in the very near future where you will be assured the warmest of U welcomes.

Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We had a deluxe room with breakfast for AUD $88 per night.
Pros
Everything :)
A supremely comfortable, huge king bed with top class linen
Stunning room with beautiful furnishings - very tastefull
Well designed, spacious bathroom and dressing area
Lovely balcony with fabulous views of the sea
Great TV with lots of channels
Very friendly, helpfull staff
5 minute walk to the beach and cafes
Loved the 24 hour breakfast and check out - great idea :)
Food - breakfast was great and dinner at the small restaurant near the pool was excellent and very well priced (the big restaurant was closed during low season)

Cons
None really - but the occassional sewerage smell outside
Noisy air-con, but we got used to it
Lots of steps and steep walks - we had a room high on the hillside.
This could become tiresome after a while but we only stayed 3 nights and used a buggy when needed.
The views certainly made up for the inconvenience :)

This hotel exceeded our expectations and is an absolute bargain - highly recommended - we would return in a heart beat. A truly stunning hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear MickiAustralia,

Greetings from U Sunsuri Phuket.

May I thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay on Trip Advisor. We consider this an essential source of information to gauge the feelings of our guests and consider ways in which we can make their stay absolutely perfect.

I will pass on your kind comments regarding the U team’s service personally. When we recruited for U Sunsuri we had many applicants apply for positions but we only took those who showed they possessed that little something “extra” in their attitude towards service and guest satisfaction. I am delighted that after your kind words we appear to have made the right decisions.

I have noted your negative comments and added it on our 'to do list', we will investigate the sewage smell you have referred too and the noisy A/C unit. Kindly, send me your room number and additional comments should you wish to gm@usunsuriphuket.com.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Richard Mehr

Been to Sunsuri Phuket? Share your experiences!