Stayed in this hotel in November 2013.
We were 4 persons and had ordered an airport transfer in a van (printed confirmation), but only a normal car came to pick us up. We squeezed in for the 70min drive - but were only charged the small car instead of the van - so no problem as mistakes can happen.
from taht moment on everything worked out well, but still we are not sure if we will come to this hotel again:
The hotel is bulit on a steep hill with the reception on the bottom of the hill, the restaurant and pool area next, then the building with the main rooms and the more exlusive rooms are even further up the hill. Everything is connected with stairs.
On arrival we were upgraded to a grand deluxe room which was on the very top of the resort. We counted 174 steps in 7 different staircases from the pool to the room. So better do not forget anything in the room!
Whenever you need it the staff is happy to bring you up to the room with an electric car.
Still you will probably be on the stairs at leats once or twice a day.
-extremely friendly staff (especially I have to mention the reception staff: a very proactive approach towards the customer combined with traditional asian smiles - wonderful!)
- huge pool area with sufficient sunbeds
- contemporary style of rooms inside and outside
- Nai Harn beach is only five minutes walk away. Nice beach and not crowded.
- Surprisingly no moscitos (even although there is a pind nearby)
- the 24 hrs checkin / checkout policy is really great (if you check in say at 1800hrs your checkout time is 1800 hrs on your last day)
- the aircondition is extremely noisy (seems awkward as this hotel is very new) and there is no remote control for the aircondition!! So if you want to switch it on or off you have to get up from the bed, walk to the entrance door and switch on / off. This is not contemporary standard!!! (Or does the hotel management not care if the guests have to interrupt their sleep to get up from the bed, walk to the aircondition, switch it on for a few minutes and then turn it off again because it is too noisy anyway??)
- Breakfast is not luxury style (very narrow at egg station, fruit is not presented in a nice way although chilled, only two kinds of juice, both taste cheap and artificial)
- the whole place lacks a bit of athmosphere (like the pool bar that is somehow unpersonal with no music and extremely slow staff.
But again - the staff at reception (all of them) are overwhelmingly friendly so that makes up a little for the lack of atmosphere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- - 5 Swimming Pools - Kids Club - Game Room - Playground - Library - Free bike for all guest. - Free WIFI ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Sunsuri Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunsuri Phuket Nai Harn