“Very satisfied with this resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of U Sunsuri Phuket

Save Saved
You added U Sunsuri Phuket to your Saves list
U Sunsuri Phuket
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11/5 Moo 1, Rawai, Muang, Nai Harn, Phuket 83130, Thailand   |
Offers & Announcements
Exclusive offer 1,799
Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Nai Harn
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Very satisfied with this resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

My partner & I were staying here for a few days, but decided to extend our stay due to the excellence of this resort. The rooms were spacious, tidy and clean with an excellent view of Wat Nai Harn, Nai Harn beach and the incredible pool below. The attention to detail and service the staff offered was exquisite. One staff remembered I was prone to mosquito bites & offered me some insect repellent during my dinner outdoors. Dinner at their Sail and Surf restaurants were delicious [try their Hokkein noodles, pork chops, and french onion soup!]. They offer buffet breakfast every morning, and is the best buffet breakfast I've had at any five star hotels. Overall, definitely worth the value, and would recommend it to peers.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
USP_General_Manager, General Manager at U Sunsuri Phuket, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for the time you have taken to write this very nice review. Your comments are extremely important in revealing what our valued guests are thinking and allowing us to maintain the high levels of service that we have set ourselves. We are honored that you have us the privilege to serve you.

We would be delighted if you would choose us as your accommodation once again on your next visit to the beautiful island of Phuket.

299 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed here 5 nights at the end of our Thailand trip; we wanted to stay somewhere quite and comfortable. Nested on a side of the hill, the hotel is beautiful and it is only 5-minute walk to Nai Harn beach. The staff were incredibly friendly. They will go out of their way to provide assistance and ensure we were comfortable. Restaurant/Bar manager was a great guy; asked for our feedback and constantly look for different ways to provide better service for the guests. There is one restaurant and a poolside bar/restaurant. Poolside bar makes awesome drinks and their 6-7 happy hour was a bonus. The restaurant provides awesome breakfast buffet but their lunch/dinner menu was average at best. We had a dinner there on our first night and it was utterly disappointing. No variety and the food was bland; lack flavors. We were planning to eat at the hotel so having to go out to find restaurant for lunch/dinner was bit inconvenient, since there are not many choices around. Ya Ya restaurant (on the beach) was pretty decent and Portofino Pizzeria was great. Hotel provides bikes for the guests until 6PM.

Room Tip: We stayed in 1404 and had a great view!!
Dear Guests,

Greetings from U Sunsuri Phuket.

May I begin by thanking you for taking the time to share your detailed experiences at U Sunsuri with your fellow travellers on Trip Advisor. Your invaluable comments are essential in not only showing us where we are meeting our guests’ expectations but also any areas that can be improved upon to maintain the reputation we are proud to have been given so far.

It was a pleasure to read your review, I am delighted that you had a wonderful time. However I would like to sincerely apologize for those areas that did not meet your expectations and inform you of the action we have taken regarding these.

Your comments about the lack of variety of the food on our menu and the lack of flavors have been well noted and I have held a meeting with my Executive Chef and Restaurant Manager to attend to these matters with their team.

May I end by saying that all of us at U Sunsuri greatly enjoyed the pleasure of your company and we look forward to being of service once again on your next trip to Phuket.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights purely based on the positive Tripadvisor reviews, and we were not disappointed at all. The staff are SO friendly, and willing to help. As commented before, it is in soft-opening, so we did hear some construction noise here and there, but nothing that annoyed us, and they stop at reasonable hour. The pools were fantastic, and open for swimming (but no lifeguard after 7 I think) until midnight. The stunning beach is a pleasant 5 minute walk away, with many decent seafood restaurants and massage places. The free bikes were great, we did a 20 minute ride up the hill to the Windmill lookout, which provides one of the best views in Phuket. There's not much to do for nightlife in Nai Harn, but it's easy to get to other places, like Rawai, that have good options. Overall, you'll love your stay at this amazing new resort, we were sad to leave but can't wait to go back!

Dear Guests,

On behalf of the U Sunsuri team, I wish to thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us on Trip Advisor. Our team dedicates every minute to ensuring that our guests are well looked after, they are the backbone of the hotel and without their excellent efforts we would simply not exist. They take so much pride in their work and I will take pleasure in sharing your comments with them.

We certainly are looking forward to welcoming you back to your Phuket home next time you are visiting.

Penang
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

From the time we arrived to the time we left, we were treated to an incredible experience! My wife and I were there to celebrate our 27th anniversary, and we loved it so much we are hoping to go back in October! All of the staff did an amazing job. The general Manager consistently was asking the guests how we were doing, was there anything else they could do to make our stay more comfortable. The buffet breakfast was outstanding. The pools were great!

This resort is built into the hill about 400 meters from Nai Harn beach, and the staff did a great job shuttling the guests up and down the steep hill. This would be the only downside of this resort in my opinion. There are many stairs, and steep hills and for those who might have difficulty walking, this is not the place for you. For those who don't mind walking some hills and stairs, I can't recommend this place highly enough!

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your encouraging appraisal, we appreciate very much the time you took to review our property and services, it means the world to us. We believe strongly in customer satisfaction, for us customer service is: “the ability to constantly and consistently exceed your expectation." and we are thankful that you gave us the privilege to serve you.

We look forward to welcoming you soon again at U Sunsuri Phuket.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

My mom sister and I stayed for 3 nights at this hotel and were sad to leave! When we arrived late at night from a day of traveling we were greeted with smiling faces ice cold towels and refreshing drink. (Every time we entered the lobby looking hot or thirsty during our stay we were given ice cold towels and col water bottles immediately. It was so nice!) the rooms were clean and elegantly decorated, you even get to choose what sent hand soap you want upon arrival. We walked to the beach one day (it was only 5 minutes away if you want they will dive you in a golf cart free of charge) and it was relaxing and not too busy. Another day we rented the complementary bikes and rode into the town for lunch and exploring! The town is pretty sleepy so we felt safe riding bikes on the streets. We had dinner one night pool side and it was very good! Overall, this hotel was an amazing find with impeccable service! I highly recommend staying!

• Stayed July 2013
USP_General_Manager, General Manager at U Sunsuri Phuket, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your encouraging appraisal, we appreciate very much the time you took to review our property and services, it means a lot to us. We believe strongly in customer satisfaction, for us customer service is: “the ability to constantly and consistently exceed the customer's expectations." and we are thankful that you gave us the privilege to serve you.

We look forward to welcoming you soon again at U Sunsuri Phuket.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We were greeted with Annie, whom we'd like to especially commend for having such a sunny disposition and a level of professional courtesy that put us immediately at ease. Loved the lemongrass-scented cold towels we were given as she processed our check-in, and even though we arrived in the morning, way before check-in time, we were given our room almost immediately, no questions asked. So impressed with the room, decked out with a balcony and the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on in my entire life, ever, ever, ever.

Hotel staff also surprised me with a cake on my birthday, which was so unexpected, it totally made my day. Completely impressed with every aspect of the hotel's service and amenities. We had such a great time lounging by the pool, munching on Pad Thai and chips, reading chick lit we'd borrowed from the resort's library collection and going down the water slide, bringing back memories of our respective childhoods hahaha. Breakfast at the restaurant- very luxurious and offers a solid selection of food; especially loved the watermelon blends and made-to-order eggs paired with Thai-styled fried rice.

A couple of minutes from Nai Harn beach. Pretty secluded spot, perfect for a little peace and quiet, though if there were anything to suggest, it'd be a shuttle service to other parts of Phuket, because the taxi service was exorbitant (we probably spent more on travelling than on food).

Other than that, EXCELLENT. Have been raving about the hotel since we came home, can't wait to go again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

May I begin by sincerely thanking you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at U Sunsuri on Trip Advisor. As the newest property in the award-winning chain of international U Hotels and Resorts your feedback is essential in ensuring that we maintain our reputation and high standards of service, comfort and facilities.

It was an absolute pleasure to read that you have enjoyed so many aspects of your stay. A lot of thought and planning went into every facet of U Sunsuri and, after receiving the overwhelmingly positive feedback from our guests, I am delighted that our efforts meet with such approval.

I must add that no matter the quality of the “hardware” of a deluxe resort an integral and irreplaceable part of a superlative guest experience is the “software”. Regarding this and further to your comments about the service you received from Annie, our Front Office Manager, I would like to say that her job would be insurmountably difficult were it not for the valiant efforts and complete and utter dedication to our guests’ satisfaction of our entire team.

I will pass on your extremely kind words to Annie and all the USunsuri team as it will only encourage them to continue to offer a perfect and unforgettable stay whilst on Phuket.

May I end by saying that it was delight to serve you as our honored guests and we look forward to welcoming you all back in the very near future.

Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Just got back from out stay at U Sunsuri. We stayed for 4 nights, it was exactly what was expected. The hotel as said is really new and not all the facilities are fully up and running and there is still construction in certain places.

The setting is really tranquil and most rooms have a good view and a good breeze. Nai Han beach is a quick walk away, it's not the cleanest beach I've been to but was quiet and good enough. The hotel has a free bike rental, and the town is about a 10-15min cycle away. The rooms were lovely, bright clean, much bigger than what was expected. There was personal, reliable Wifi in each room as well which we really appreciated as well. Breakfast was wonderful and there was a good spread! They also keep to their "whenever wherever" breakfast promise if you miss the buffet. The food menu for lunch or dinner is around 150-300bht.

The staff is pleasant and always willing to help. They helped us arrange trips and tours that we wanted. The hotel is a little far away from other parts of Phuket and getting to and fro is a little pricey. U Sunsuri's Limousine service has competitive rates with the local taxis which we utilised since we didn't want to battle with the tourist crazy taxis.

Overall, I think it's a great steal since the rooms are going at 50% of the usual rate until the end of October. It's both great for couples looking for a quiet time away and families as the pool and game room provides loads of entertainment. There are parts of the hotel which are still a little "raw" though with some uneven steps and our block of rooms didn't have an elevator. It was fine with us but I'm sure if would be a problem for older folks. Some of the tiles are also a little slippery but they have laid down some synthetic grass to assist with that.

Was a good trip! I hope the hotel stays this lovely and it is well maintained so we can go back in the future!

Dear Guest,

I would like to begin by thanking you for taking the time to write this review regarding your recent stay at U Sunsuri. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and would like to thank you for sharing your impressions with other people from around the world.

At U Sunsuri our ultimate goal is your complete satisfaction and positive feedback such as yours encourages the entire team to strive to offer our guests the perfect holiday experience. With core values such as love, care, empathy, creativity, mystery, anticipation and passion, the answer is that the resort becomes a truly amazing experience and we need to remind ourselves that we are lucky the customer has chosen us and given us the opportunity to serve them. We strongly believe in the extraordinary and unique details that touches the heart of every guest and try to apply it daily.

May I end by saying that it was an absolute pleasure to have the chance to serve you and we look forward to seeing you again on the beautiful island of Phuket where you will be assured a very warm welcome.

Richard Mehr

Been to U Sunsuri Phuket? Share your experiences!