“Coal valley vineyard” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 attractions in Cambridge
Type: Wineries
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: We are only 15 minutes from Hobart, the Hobart airport and the historic village of Richmond. Call in to enjoy the fabulous views, stroll through the protea garden or phone to book a vineyard tour. Also located on the property is The Coterie (run independently) where you can taste and buy our wines five days a week from 10 till 5pm.
Hobart, Australia
“Coal valley vineyard”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Very welcoming hosts, great location, stunning views, quality produce .comfortable well designed venue.

Visited January 2013
Gillian C, Owner at Coal Valley Vineyard, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thanks for your review Phyllis - we look forward to seeing you back at Coal Valley Vineyard, Gill and Todd

Hobart, Australia
“fabulous wine - great venue - spectacular views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Coal Valley vineyard is a favourite or ours - we have been both for casual wine tasting and for functions. Gill and Todd are perfect hosts, and Paul Foreman's food is superb...

Visited January 2013
Thanks Kim - we are very happy you like our wine and Paul's food. Gill, Todd and Paul
Brisbane
“Great Reisling”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

The server who did my tasting was very nice and made recommendations of other wineries and wines, very helpful to someone who knows very little about wine.

Visited February 2013
Gillian C, Owner at Coal Valley Vineyard, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Hi Stephanie thanks for taking the time to comment. We are very glad you liked the Riesling - it's my favourite at the moment.
Hobart
“Dissapointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I went here for a hen's pre drink, lovely spot that was the end of the niceness .As I entered to buy a wine I was told that I wasn't aloud to pay for my drink , what was my name that I would pay at the end in the group. Well that maybe ok for the people that had a ride , as I was driving I only wanted one drink, is it that hard to sell one wine? There were 25 of us well behaved, the owner gave us filthy looks all afternoon, while we did pass the parcel , with all the grandmothers. We were told three times that we were to loud, that they had two people having a taste .At this stage I left in wonder, I bet you took the large amount of money ok , when you told all the other to leave only a couple of min later. Nice spot pity about your attitude. The wine is ok!!

Visited January 2013
Sorry you were disappointed Yvette. We have lots of hens parties at Coal Valley Vineyard and certainly welcome them. We are a venue that welcomes children and adults alike and so we need to make sure what goes on here is ok for everyone.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 attraction reviews
“Lovely wine, lovely owners, lovely views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I think this vineyard probably has the best views over the vineyard down to the water from all of the Coal Valley vineyards.

Add to this their Riesling and FGR Riesling are both very good - and they make a very nice coffee too!

Last but certainly not least, we were served in a really friendly and professional manner by one of the owners who welcomed us like we were family.

We'll be back for sure.

Visited December 2012
Thanks Ponderous Dragon for your review! Feedback like this makes our day. We hope you can make it back. Gill and Todd