“Amazing Day” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Par Avion Wilderness Tours

Par Avion Wilderness Tours
115 Kennedy Drive, Cambridge Airport, Cambridge, Clarence, Tasmania 7170, Australia
(03) 6248 5390
Website
Improve this listing
Book ahead on Viator
$79*
and up
Ranked #1 of 6 Attractions in Cambridge
More attraction details
Owner description: Par Avion fly daily into the South West National Park of Tasmania, offering full and half day tours to Bathurst Harbour and Port Davey. Landing at Melaleuca, you'll enjoy a boat trip, refreshments and/or lunch, as you get a chance to experience the pristine wilderness of this World Heritage Listed Area.
“Amazing Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Did the flight to Melaleuca as part of Bruny Island Bird Festival with Inala. It was fantastic. I loved seeing some of the places I'd been to by boat, from the air. The pilot was excellent, and a highlight was seeing bottle nose dolphins from the air at The Neck. The lunch was great too, beautiful salad roll and wine. Tonia's bird tour was lovely and I loved meeting and chatting to everyone at Melaleuca.

Hobart, Australia
10 attraction reviews
“An experience to remember forever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I recently had the opportunity to experience the Full-Day Wilderness Experience tour in the South West. The staff were great, really friendly and had a great knowledge of the area. From wildlife to the rocky mountains there were no questions left unanswered!The trip was extremely well priced, for a fully guided tour including flights, a boat trip and a delicious lunch, not to mention the coffee and biscuits for moning/afternoon tea, the trip came in under $400 p/p!!
The South West is an amazing area and well worth the trip down, we were even lucky enough to see some Orange-bellied parrots.
The only dissapointment was flying over and seeing all of the bare ground where forest harvesting has already destroyed equally unique parts of this area.
A definite five star experience.
Just be sure to take some warm clothes as this part of the state is no stranger to inclement weather.
A great day.

Melbourne, Australia
“Flight over South West Tasmania”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

My wife and I heard and read lot about the south of west tasmania and never thought we could see it. Par Aion wilderness tour gave us our dream, they flew us along the coast to Melaleuca and landed at the airstrip. We were then taken on a boat trip to Bathurst Harbour and a short hike around melaleuca and fly back over Fedration Peak to Horbat.Our pilot Nik was the pilot boat man and tour guide and he had good knoledge of the area and it's history. This is a very unique with breathtaking scenaries never seen anywhere. I recomand this trip to everyone, give your self a treat to a real fantasy land that you see no where else. It is a trip I will charish and remember for the rest of my life.

Hobart, Australia
“This is a day trip with the WOW factor!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

If this trip is on your wish list my advise is to book for early in your trip as bad weather may make rescheduling necessary. But when you get the perfect day, WOW....
We flew to Melaleuca in a 6-seater Cessna (which is an experience in itself!) tracking overland past surburban Hobart, Mt Wellington, over the lovely Huon Valley and into the remote wilderness beyond. The weather on arrival was warm but windy. We headed directly to our cruise but were unable to enter Bathurst Harbour due to the conditions. We spent an extended period of time at Claytons Corner including a great walk up the hill behind and a lovely break for lunch. After the return trip down river we had a walk around the fabulous boardwalk track and back to the plane. We flew back to Cambridge along the coast which clearly shows the many spectacular islands and waterways of Hobart and surrounds.
This is a very special day considering the absolute pristine environment and the remoteness of the South West. If you think you've seen the real Tasmania - think again!

Perth, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Awesome flight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

It was third time lucky for me. I had tried to do this flight on a previous trip to Tasmania but was thwarted by the weather. With just two days available on my recent trip to Tassie I booked a flight on the Thursday which was again cancelled due to weather. Fingers were crossed that Friday would eventuate as it was my last chance for this holiday before returning to WA. Finally I was in luck and I joined a 5 hour wilderness trip.

Low cloud prevented access to the higher mountains but this did not make the flight any less special. There was still plenty of sunshine away from the mountains. The rolling green farmlands and views out to Bruny Island and more were just gorgeous. This was soon replaced by untouched wilderness and the most magnificent and wild coastal views.

We landed on a tiny runway and the next 3 hours were a mix of stunning views, history and information and a lovely boat trip out onto Bathurst Harbour. Our pilot provided just the right amount of detail without information overload.

Snacks and lunch (and even wine) were included. The selection was simple but yummy and plentiful.

The flight back was just as stunning and it was great to see familiar locations such as Kettering from the air. All too soon our 5 hour journey was over. It was a long awaited journey finally accomplished. It was a wow of a day and definitely worth the wait. Carol from WA