My husband and I just returned from a seven day stay at Excellence Playa Mujeres. This was our fourth visit to the Cancun/ Rivera Maya area. I have to say this was by far our favorite all inclusive resort. Check in was a breeze and before we knew it we were in our rooftop terrace suite. The patio was so nice with three lounging beds, a hydro pool, and an outdoor shower. We could have stayed there the entire time.
The resort has ten restaurants to choose from. There is a variety of cuisine (Italian, Asian, French ect…) I was a little leary because I had read some negative reviews about the food, but I was very happy. I thought the food was excellent. There are many bars with top shelf liquor. The service was also top notch!
The grounds are kept immaculate and there are gorgeous gardens. There is a gym that is a little crowded in the morning and they offer a few exercise classes. The staff is wonderful and very accommodating.
A few pointers:
Don’t forget your ipod or lap top. The rooms have a clock radio with an i-station and internet service is free.
You might want to bring along a dvd or two. We had one rainy day and the concierge offers dvd’s but they are out of date.
Another thing that happened; I forgot my hairbrush and had to catch a cab to the local wallmart to buy one that only ended up breaking in the middle of blow-drying my hair. I know the women can appreciate the importance of the proper hair paraphernalia! Lol
If you are looking for a drop dead gorgeous beach look to go somewhere else in the Caribbean. The water is clear aqua blue but there is a lot of seaweed on the beach. The resort works hard to keep it clean.
All in all I would highly recommend Excellence.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury adults-only resort nestled among seven swimming pools on a powdery white sand beach, in a community that boasts a spectacular Greg Norman signature golf course. This jewel of Cancun sets a new standard of luxury for all-inclusives with finely tuned amenities such as one-of-a-kind accommodations including two-story rooftop terrace suites with a private Hydro-Spa pool, meticulous service, gourmet cuisine, an exquisite spa and the signature Excellence Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Excellence Group LLC, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Amex, BookIt.com, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Excellence Playa Mujeres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Excellence Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Playa Mujeres Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Cancun