Our first time in Mexico and our first 5 star. Loved every moment. We had perfect weather every day with the exception of a 20 minute shower our last day. The staff is phenomenal. Daniela arranged our dinner at Spice on our last night to make it special, and when we went back to our room we found champagne and desserts along with Daniela's card.
I spent so many hours researching reviews before picking this resort- so I will touch on other people's negatives-
Small food portions: Yes- they are smaller than average but not tiny. I thought they were perfect. We could have an appetizer and dessert without feeling overstuffed.
Mosquitos- We were there 6 days and I saw ONE mosquito. Also I didn't notice a "smell" of any repellant as others have said.
Toilet: A little awkward but not as bad as I was picturing after reading other reviews. Unless you're in a brand new relationship its not bad. (Plus the shower makes up for it!)
I could go on and on about what we loved but its pretty much what everyone is raving about below me!
The couples massage was amazing. The circus show was without a doubt one of the craziest things I've ever seen in my life. There was plenty of entertainment at night, and during the day- dance lessons, musical quiz, cocktail class- no reason to leave the resort.
Plus I loved that it was easy to find a shaded spot to lay down and read. We both left tan and not sunburnt and that's hard to do for us!
Any questions, feel free to message me. Stayed Sept 28 - Oct 3.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury adults-only resort nestled among seven swimming pools on a powdery white sand beach, in a community that boasts a spectacular Greg Norman signature golf course. This jewel of Cancun sets a new standard of luxury for all-inclusives with finely tuned amenities such as one-of-a-kind accommodations including two-story rooftop terrace suites with a private Plunge pool, meticulous service, gourmet cuisine, an exquisite spa and the signature Excellence Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex, BookIt.com, Excellence Group LLC, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Excellence Playa Mujeres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Excellence Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Playa Mujeres Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Cancun