Good Points -
Just returned from Excellence on 4th October. I travelled with friends who between us have expierenced other All Inclusive resorts both in Europe and the Carribean.
This hotel has the Wow! Factor.
Staff - Take their roles in making your holiday perfect ,seriously and with pride. Always cheerful and accomadating and its not false!
The time and effort they take to prepare for the events in the evening and lunchtime is exhausting to watch.
Room Service is excellent and available 24 hours - no charge.
I was requested to complete a comments form one breakfast morning.I filled mine in and commented on a lack of a non slip mat for the bathroom BE WARNED and no tonic water in mini bar. Both items were in my room next day so they do read them.
Food - Top notch food at all the restaurants. Breakfast can be buffet style if you want.Restaurants that stood out for me were the Grill and the Italian hence return trips to both.
Lunch time meals can be as casual as you want with a daily Bar-b-e on the beach or fresh made pizzas from the bar to a sit down from three other restaurants.
Pool scene - Take your choice ,it can be as quiet as you like or mixing in with the crowd round the Pool Bar.The Lazy River is just that ..relax on one of the Pool rubber floats with a cocktail in hand and just drift with the flow!
The Pool Bar can be a bit raucous at times but all good humoured.Cant think what could make people be like that.?..must be the Excellent cocktails!
Several hammocks and whirl pools available.
Beach towels are constantly refreshed by staff and laid on the ample supply of sunbeds.
Acivities on going if you wish during the day.
Dont miss the Reggae band that play once a week for a hour round the Pool...you will be singing!
Rooms... Best I have had for a two week holiday.Double wet room, walk in dressing room, 42" LCD, leather sofas, 4 poster bed, Jaccuzi, large double day bed on balcony with table and chairs, mini bar plus a shelf of 1 litre spirits, coffee machine, and snacks.
Entertainment - Could not fault this at all. You will receive each night a news letter - after your turndown service - which will outline what is on the next day, weather forcast, special spa offers, etc. thought this was a good touch of communication for guests
Beach - At times will have a band of weed by waters edge. Hotel do make every effort to clear and is not a major problem.Water sports galore. Good bar service.
Management Team - You seem to have it just right. You listen, take on board what is being suggested and act on your guests best interests at all times.
Bad Points - None really to write of. Without being really nit picking I could not find any. I suggest you go to this hotel yourselves and if you do find any let us all know via Trip Advisor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury adults-only resort nestled among seven swimming pools on a powdery white sand beach, in a community that boasts a spectacular Greg Norman signature golf course. This jewel of Cancun sets a new standard of luxury for all-inclusives with finely tuned amenities such as one-of-a-kind accommodations including two-story rooftop terrace suites with a private Hydro-Spa pool, meticulous service, gourmet cuisine, an exquisite spa and the signature Excellence Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Excellence Group LLC, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Excellence Playa Mujeres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Excellence Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Playa Mujeres Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Cancun