Excellence Playa Mujeres
Apr 29-May 4 Honeymoon
Ended up booking the trip for me and my newlywed with www.thetropicaltravelers.com. It was the same price as I was finding though Expedia, but it seemed like I was able to get more support with the lady I dealt with.
Flight from Dallas to Cancun was only 2hrs 10min which was very nice and a big reason we didn’t do St Lucia/Antigua/etc. Transfer to the resort on the very far north side of Cancun. We had to pass through 2 or 3 security gates to finally make it to the resort. Greated by champagne at the front door and checked into our 2-story rooftop terrace.
For the next 5.5 days we mainly did lots of eating and lots of drinking.
--We did book a trip to the island of Isla Mujeres that included a catamaran ride to the island, snorkeling on the boat ride there, lunch on the island with a few hrs to do what we wanted (we rented a golf cart and cruised the island), and on the boat ride back we even got to do a form of parasailing. It was tough to leave the resort knowing that you had already paid for it, but I would recommend a trip to the island like this. (did I mention there was unlimited alcohol included??).
--We also took one afternoon and spent time at the resort spa. We did the 80min ‘Hollistic’ couples massage with an hour of hydrotherapy beforehand. It was definitely nice, but I don’t think I would do it again. (I’d just rather spend my $$ on other things).
-We took full advantage of the all inclusive part of the resort. Went to almost all of the 9 restaurants at the resort and used the 24hr room service many times
-The service from the employees. I still do not understand how they get the employees to be that happy/service oriented with tipping not being a big incentive. It blew me away.
-Cancun being just a bit over a 2hr direct flight for us, so our travel time was minimal.
-The death of my camera on the 3rd day. I had just a digital point and shoot Canon that I left in my shoe on some rocks near the beach. We went out in the water for not but 10min and when I cam back one of my shoes was soaked and one was dry. Of course the wet shoe was the one with my phone in it. (I was still able to get the pictures from the SD card)
-If I had to do it all over again I would book private transfers to and from the resort/airport.
I had never been to any ‘tropical’ or all inclusive place so I don’t have much to compare to, but we would both definitely recommend this resort to anyone. If you have any specific questions I’d be glad to answer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury adults-only resort nestled among seven swimming pools on a powdery white sand beach, in a community that boasts a spectacular Greg Norman signature golf course. This jewel of Cancun sets a new standard of luxury for all-inclusives with finely tuned amenities such as one-of-a-kind accommodations including two-story rooftop terrace suites with a private Hydro-Spa pool, meticulous service, gourmet cuisine, an exquisite spa and the signature Excellence Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Excellence Group LLC, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Excellence Playa Mujeres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Excellence Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Playa Mujeres Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Cancun