My husband and I just returned from a week stay at the Excellence La Playa Mujeres for a belated honeymoon. We had received recommendations from a few friends who went there for a wedding a few years ago and we too loved it! We paid for the Excellence Ocean View Suite which I don't know if I would do again. The real reason I did it was to have a room with a full on ocean view, which was important to me. The Excellence lounge and beach area was also great, but unless a little extra attention is important to you, you really don't need to do it. We did love having the excellence lounge for great snacks, the private part of the beach, and of course the view, but I paid a little extra because it was a honeymoon. So that decision is really up to you.
The rooms were great. Nice, Clean, and very relaxing. My only complaint would be the beds are firm and harder, and the bathroom situation is different, but we are married and dealt with it fine. Basically the "bathroom" portion is not secluded and has a 3/4 glass door separating it from the rest of the bathroom area. I LOVED the balcony and Jacuzzi area! I would take a nap out on the nice daybed on the balcony every day after the beach and before we went to dinner. So beautiful and relaxing!
The Food! We loved the food. We were able to try all the restaurants except for the Flavor Market. They were all good in there own right, but our favorites were the Agave and French restaurant for dinner. The Lunch buffet at Toscana was a favorite of my husband's and I loved lunch at the Lobster House and Grill.
We had a routine of lounging on the beach in the morning to mid afternoon and would end the day hanging out on the rafts on one of the many lazy river pools, as we call them.
Overall the Resort is fabulous. We had a great time, enjoyed the shows, and ate and drank like kings. It is not a "hotel zone" resort if that bothers you. We are in our late 20's and early 30's and wanted something where if we wanted to party we could and if we wanted to go to bed before midnight, we could do that as well. I think Excellence is perfect for that. We did a couple nights at the "Disco" Algeria and spent a couple nights hanging with some nice couples we met at the main outside bar till the wee hours. We ordered room service a few times late and it was always great. We also had a few nights relaxing on our balcony enjoy cocktails alone and we were not bothered by partying or noise at all. Overall book your trip now! I would love to go back again in a few years and see how they have improved and/or changed the resort. A Great Trip!
- Also Known As:
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Hotel
- Excellence Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Playa Mujeres Excellence Hotel
- Playa Mujeres
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Cancun
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury adults-only resort nestled among seven swimming pools on a powdery white sand beach, in a community that boasts a spectacular Greg Norman signature golf course. This jewel of Cancun sets a new standard of luxury for all-inclusives with finely tuned amenities such as one-of-a-kind accommodations including two-story rooftop terrace suites with a private Hydro-Spa pool, meticulous service, gourmet cuisine, an exquisite spa and the signature Excellence Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Excellence Group LLC, Travelocity, Amex, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Cheap Tickets, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Excellence Playa Mujeres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.