My boyfriend and I stayed from 2/7/13-2/13/13 and were greeted with frozen drinks while we waited to check in, which took about 30 mins total. I used my debit card for the $260 hold. We had requested a king bed but got 2 queens instead. They did not upgrade our room but did move us to an upgraded view in 2401B. The room was nice and very clean.
We booked the trip with the timeshare presentation, which included all but the steakhouse and the sushi restaurant, which I'll cover later. Eduardo, our salesman, was personable and did his job without being overbearing. He didn't pressure us as the property really sells itself in the presentation , which lasted about 2 hrs including breakfast. We just weren't interested in coming back to Mexico.
The property is slightly secluded but only a five minute walk to the ferry for Isla Mujeres. We used the public transportation system to get downtown for less than $1 and to Cozumel/Playa del Carmen for under $20. Otherwise, a taxi will run between $15-$20. The hotel's free shuttle to the Cancun hotel zone is also helpful.
The food was awesome at both Davino and Zama. We ate a variety of seafood dishes and each of them were spectacular. So was the service from our servers such as Adrian (Davino). We also frequented the breakfast buffet at Davino, which included lots of ethnic dishes. Our experience at the steak house was average. We didn't eat the the sushi restaurant. Our last meal was at the Bite Bar near the pool. It was our least favorite meal at the resort but edible nonetheless.
Housekeeping was prompt and thorough the entire week as was most of the staff at this resort. People were friendly and I didn't feel slighted for being there on a timeshare deal. It was quiet and relaxing. There wasn't a lot to do on site so we did a crazy thing...we left and explored things as I'm not one to stay indoors on vacation.
We enjoyed VDP overall and would visit another location if presented.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Palmar Cancun Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Villa Del Palmar Cancun Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This beachfront luxury resort is located in the pristine beaches of Playa Mujeres, about 25 minutes north hotel zone and 35 minutes from Cancun International Airport. The new Villa del Palmar Cancun offers a range of possibilities for fun and relaxation that will make your holiday truly unforgettable. The complex offers amazing 5-star service, extravagant amenities and plenty of activities to keep your adventurous side entertained. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Villa del Palmar Cancun Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.