I'm not going to repeat all the other reviews - the place is lovely, isolated and sitting on the beach you can imagine you're in a Corona commercial. The staff is bend over backwards nice and everyone seems to be having a good day - this is great because I've been at other resorts in the Caribbean where the staff seems annoyed you're there. Spa was great - had an amazing massage and did the water circuit twice. That's a fun thing to do as a couple.
Overall an amazing experience (and I got a great price on luxury link).
A few things that if fixed would have made it even better:
1. Food: Breakfast is is great - I ate tons of fruit and fresh bread. The coffee is french press and delicious.
However - there's only one place to eat dinner and I have to say the food wasn't that good. The lobster overcooked, scallops too buttery - we only stayed 4 nights, but we tried nearly everything on the menu and nothing made us go "wow".
Lunch is fine at the pool, but we ordered the lobster burrito and it tasted horrible - fishy and rotten. We told them and they took it off our bill.
2. Nightlife. There's none. Not that I want to go to Senor Frogs ( I DO NOT), but would be nice to have a drink after dinner. they have the Lupita lounge which feels a little like sitting in someone's back yard, but what would be better is if they'd have drinks at the ocean fronting restaurant. i want to hear the water with my Chardonnay!
I loved it so much and only 4 hours from NYC - I feel like I should book my resys now before I get priced out!
- Also Known As:
- La Amada Resort
- La Amada Playa Mujeres
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Beloved Hotel Playa Mujeres combines luxury and comfort with the convenience of the 'boutique style' all-inclusive, in the perfect family-friendly setting poised for pleasure and relaxation. Here you'll have a comfortable home base of contemporary luxury. Stylish hotel architecture and decor, generous suites, spotless service, deluxe facilities, and of course, our secluded beachfront setting, all enable you to let your days happen naturally. At this intimate beachfront community you'll enjoy personalized spa and wellness programs, fine dining, seaside golf, boating and fishing from our inland marina, and a host of other activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Amex, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your The Beloved Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.