We booked this hotel for a quick weekend get-away from NYC's frigid winter weather. TripAdvisor ranked it the #3 all-inclusive resort in the world, which is ultimately why we chose this. With that in mind, we had high expectations. Unfortunately, we were somewhat underwhelmed. I had regrets not staying where we stayed last year, the LIVE AQUA.
• Service was excellent. Everyone we encountered was extremely accommodating and pleasant. This hotel's logistics were also very well thought-out.
• Everywhere in the hotel is very well maintained and cleaned.
• Rooms were well-appointed: liquor, mixers, beer, wine and snacks available in the bar, luxurious robes and towels, BVLGARI amenities, hair dryer, large walk-in closet, coffee machine and french press, plenty of outlets, large flat-screen TV.
• Live music throughout our stay: piano at breakfast and a band/DJ each evening.
• Atmosphere is peaceful, quiet and relaxing for the most part.
• Food was spotty. Some dishes were excellent as well as interesting with local influences. Others were unappetizing to the point where I ordered something else after being served. In general, the breakfast and dinner options were great. Lunch often left something to be desired.
• Airport was about 30-40 minutes away. If you're interested in the bar/restaurant scene of Cancun, this is not the place for you. However, if you're looking for a place to get away from it all, this is a great choice.
• Walls of the rooms were a bit thin. We could hear pronounced sounds of the shower and the band from the lounge.
GOOD TO KNOW:
• This is NOT an adults-only property. Please keep that in mind for your preferences.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Beloved Hotel Playa Mujeres combines luxury and comfort with the convenience of the 'boutique style' all-inclusive, in the perfect family-friendly setting poised for pleasure and relaxation. Here you'll have a comfortable home base of contemporary luxury. Stylish hotel architecture and decor, generous suites, spotless service, deluxe facilities, and of course, our secluded beachfront setting, all enable you to let your days happen naturally. At this intimate beachfront community you'll enjoy personalized spa and wellness programs, fine dining, seaside golf, boating and fishing from our inland marina, and a host of other activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Excellence Group LLC, Tingo, Travelocity, Jetsetter, Amex, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your The Beloved Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Amada Resort
- La Amada Playa Mujeres