“Top Notch” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Beloved Hotel

You added The Beloved Hotel to your Saves list
The Beloved Hotel
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Condominio Playa Mujeres, Playa Mujeres 77400, Mexico (Formerly La Amada Hotel)   |
Offers & Announcements
Up to 35% off room rate
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Playa Mujeres
Toronto, Canada
“Top Notch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

My husband, myself and our 8 year old son just arrived back from our trip to The Beloved hotel last night. We stayed from March 8-15. We travel every year to a resort and this resort is by far the nicest one we have stayed at. What makes this resort so amazing is THE STAFF.

Room- we stayed in the regular standard room. It was so clean and large. The beds were very comfortable. I had emailed and asked for 2 beds and mattress toppers as I had heard that the beds were hard. When we went into our room, they had everything exactly as I had asked. We did have to change rooms after a couple of nights as our neighbours were partying until 3am. Strange as this is not a party resort at all!

Beach- tons of chairs, shade. There was a lot of comments about the seaweed problem. It was a super windy week for us and we didn't find the seaweed to be bad. They work hard to clean it up.

Food- Amazing! We had lobster and shrimp every night. Never felt like you had to wait long at all. They have a kids menu and always bring the kids food out first so they are not waiting long. We tended to eat at Isle Grill the most as we loved their food the best... coconut shrimp, grilled shrimp, grilled lobster etc.
They have a crepe bar by the kids pool as well that make amazing crepes... I gained 10pounds this week from eating so much!

Service- Incredible.... everyone wants to please so much. ALEX at the beach was the best... always there to see if he could get you something.. and so friendly. NOE at the Isle Grill... is amazing too... works so hard. MR PATRICIO... walks around to ensure everything is up to par and you are happy.... we tipped everyone yet no one walked around like they expected a tip... they just seemed like they were happy to work there which is nice to see. This hotel runs like clockwork and the management do an amazing job! You always see people walking around inspecting the food, service etc....

Usually I am excited to get back home even if I enjoyed my trip but this time I wish we were there longer!

Room Tip: Standard room is lovely. No need to pay extra for upgrade.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (686)
  • Korean first
Burke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

everything was great. service, location, etc. no negatives. my and my wife was on honeymoon and it was an amazing experience. the romantic musical enviroment, the food was deleicious, the room service was superb. I wish to go back again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Boisbriand, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The Beloved Hotel Playa Mujeres...

My husband, son (6) and I stayed at the Beloved Hotel Playa Mujeres, Feb 13 – Feb 23 2013.

We have been to the Mayan Riviera twice a year for the past 3 years, always trying to stay in 5 stars hotels. The choice of upscale hotels is rather limited with a child. We always try to avoid crowds and we do not like huge resorts. We know what we want, could hardly ever find it before.
The Beloved Hotel is the closest to what we have been looking for in a resort .

We stayed in a beachfront casita called Hermosa 1. We had a terrace with a private plunge pool. There was a 24hr room service, the suite was spacious and was kept immaculate. The beach was beautiful with plenty of chairs and palapas.
Our bed was very comfortable, we ordered our pillows from the pillow menu and the shower was beautiful and huge. There is a jacuzzi bath in the room and for those who complain about the privacy issue, there are opaque curtains. Some people staying in the other casitas may sometimes walk by but lack of privacy is far from being a problem here.

There were many families with young children. Thank god, there are no «adults only» facilities so we felt very welcome with our son everywhere on the resort. Pools are for everyone and children are admitted everywhere, except at the spa of course (for the youngest ones).
The clientele at the Beloved Hotel is well mannered and we did not see any annoying drunks as we often do in all inclusive resorts.

Drinks are great and they are brought to you on your terrace or on your beach chair, you can even order food while laying on the beach. The service is excellent.

If you are looking for an upscale service with gorgeous amenities and the most relaxing vacation, this hotel is the place.

The kids club is small but our son enjoyed the pool, but that was it. He is not fluent in English yet and the lady could not speak a word of French. I guess it would be a lot to ask. That was a minor detail.

We really took advantage of room service 24/24 and we had our breakfast delivered every morning on our terrace. That was GREAT. We wish there could have been a buffet at night because the service at the restaurants «à la carte» took sometimes too long with our little one and after 10 days, the menu could be a little repetitive. But then again, that is also a minor problem because overall, we were quite happy with the food. The room service was quite fast and the was a plus for us.

I have to mention that what really made our vacation a relaxing and enjoyable one was the way we have been taken care of from the moment we arrived. THE STAFF IS INCREDIBLE, REALLY INCREDIBLE. Without these men and women who work there, this place would not be a five star hotel.
I am sorry I can’t remember all the names but EDUARDO and ALEX at the pool/beach were absolutely great and worked really hard to please us. They are polite, they smile and they care about their work. They are smart hard working young men and their presence made a difference.

Also, Mr PATRICIO and Mr PABLO went out of their way to please us. They listen and they are efficient with requests. They always checked on us and their professionalism is unbelievable. We have never encountered that level of service before in all inclusive hotels.

The SPA is really nice. My husband and I each booked a 100 minutes massage package. We enjoyed it and it was worth it.

* * *

By the way, as mentioned in another review, we also noticed that many clients aren't very generous when it comes to leaving a tip and that's a shame.

* * *

Approximately one week upon our return from the Beloved Hotel Playa Muyeres, we booked our vacation there again for August 2013. That says it all. We can’t wait to go back !

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Warrenton, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We where pampered and treated like royalty. I would diffentenly return. The plunge pool and shower on the roof was great a wonderful evening spent uo there. The service was impectable they cater to very whim from the door men to the maids the waters in the resturants.I'm sure you will agree.

Room Tip: Two story beach front for the view a little more private than the single floor beach front. I have a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

The Beloved has got even better. This is our third year running and it was even better. Service has got quicker and is just as friendly. We were genuinely welcomed back by Edgar who showed us to our room and Pablo who works so hard running the front of house in the restaurants. Most of the staff are wonderful: Concepion, Monserrat, Noe, Paulo, Eduardo - all so helpful and nice.

Food is important to me and they had improved the food presentation and quality in the evening restaurants. The fish and meat was cooked just right. The choice was good. The head chef seemed to be monitoring all the food and service. We loved the addition of the Mexican food night in El Mar. That was a special night trying lots of different dishes, being entertained by a mariachi band and a full moon on the sea! Aldo was our charming waiter that night.

The Kids Club is fabulous - our 6-year old twins wanted to be there all the time as Africa and Wendy do a wonderful job of entertaining the children. We came back with several crafts projects they had completed during our stay.

Loved the addition of the coffee bar and tiny pastries in the lobby area. Waldo was very friendly.

We also tried the new juice bar, another great addition. They serve crepes there now which is a great idea but we did not try as we ate so well in the other restaurants.

We had our first massage there - it was a therapeutic one and very, very good. The spa is a beautiful space.

The grounds are really well-maintained and housekeeping is very good as ever.

Diego, the concierge, helped us plan our trip to La Isla - a fun day out with the kids and very easy to sort out.

The only room for improvement is room service - the pizzas on there are not as good as the ones served in El Mar and the choice is a bit limited. For example, the burgers are a genuine let-down compared to the red meat served in the restaurants.

I hope we can go back a fourth time!

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the casitas - Carinosa 1 - ground floor with pool. The kids loved having the poo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Evansville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

The Beloved is about 35-40 minutes drive from Cancun Int'l airport. We used Olympus tours for a private transfer for about $80USD each way. We were greeted with white wine & chocolates, which was a great way to start the trip. The solitations in the Cancun airport have gotten way better and the baggage pickup and immigration was seamless.
FACILITY:
We arrived to a very clean lobby and were checked in quickly. Our photo was taken (didn't ask why, it wasn't on anything). Our room wasn't ready so we changed in the bathroom (very clean) and our bags were locked up safely and held until our room was ready. We stayed in Tierna 2 with a King bed and a fold out couch for the 5yr old. There were snacks in the room and full bottles of various liquors with a fridge full of various sodas, including chocolate milk for our 5yr old. Out our back patio was a heated private pool where we swam after going to the beach, small table & chair and an outdoor bed. The bathroom has a cascade shower, hand held shower and full body jets lining the marbled wall. VERY NICE with Bulgari bath products. We had a stepping stone path from our back patio to the walkway and were just steps away from the grill restaurant where they had a wonderful salad bar with oils & vinegars and many fresh vegetables as well as ordering off of the menu (lobster no good, seared tuna steak recommended) The Grill overlooked the large pool with swim up bar which is just steps from the beach. The Beloved serves TOP SHELF liquors and has pretty good red wine.
ACTIVITIES:
There are many activities, so look at your daily newsletter. I went to spa to book a massage and the insense was so overpowering that I had to leave. After receiving a coupon for 30% while sitting at the beach, I immediately walked a few steps away for a massage on the beach but there was lots of public chatter and smoking right outside of the massage palapa. I did go back to spa trying to find a time that the incense was not fresly lit and went to Aqua aerobics with George(hor hey) and man, did he teach a great class(9am every other day). Also, the aqua circuit was just phenomenal. It's a MUST. There was also yoga on the beach. The aqua circuit has a waterfall, hot & cold baths, lounge chairs over bubbling water. (no kids) It is a very tranquil, completely shaded outdoor area to relax on a bed & read too. There are heated stone lounge chairs where they give you chlorophyll water and a neck rub before your treatment. As long as I stayed in outdoor area and when I was taken upstairs to massage room areas, I did not smell the incense.
KIDS CLUB:
Daily, we took our 5yr old to the kids club which has lots of activities indoors and outside. They have a water/splash play area with a dumping bucket. My son had a great time and we enjoyed a few hours alone. They open at 8am I think and close 1pm-2pm for lunch then are open for a few more hours. We could not go off-site to the golf course and hired a private sitter which the concierge set up.
WIFI & STAFF:
The manager, Gabriel, greeted us on the first evening and welcomed all comments. So NICE!!) we had a difficult time with WiFi in the room. we had to go out on patio out back. Wifi was spotty everywhere and was best to go to library in front lobby. They agreed to work on that.
All staff were excellent and the answer was ALWAYS yes or let me see if I can get that for you.
BEACH:
Playa Mujeres is not the greatest beach location and as you walk toward the marina there is a distinct sewage smell toward LaAmada. You do NOT smell that as you go to The Beloved. It was fun to walk up to the lighthouse area where many lizards are sunning on the rocks.

Room Tip: Tierna 2 was great corner room on lower floor, very quiet and we also looked at a room with a roofto...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Saint John, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Just back from a family trip. 19 of us with 12 adults and 7 kids from age2 to 10. For comparison, have been to Iberostar Lindo, palladium Riviera, Palladium Royal Suites, El Dorado Maroma.

Rooms - huge, very clean with at least two cleans a day. Spacious Balcony is large with a full Bali bed and table with two chairs. Nicest and cleanest we have ever been to......
Best showers EVER. Hot water never ran out, rain shower head and 4 other jets

Pool and Beach - 3 pools. Two smaller and one main. Spent more time in the main which had the swim up bar. Great temperature. Bali beds with Palapas but no lounge chairs so limited seating. Beach is very nice. Combo of Bali beds and lounger chairs - all cushioned. Lots of shade and towels. Read about the seaweed and it was there - just for a foot or so at the waters edge so not an issue for me. Nice views of Isla Mujeres. No one selling anything on the beach.

Food - I found it rather limited but good. Two fancier restaurants with a fair bit of seafood and usually a chicken /steak option. The restaurant by the main pool had the most selection for supper so I wish we had tried it earlier in the week. Breakfast was good - buffet and a la carte. Room service was excellent - good menu, on time and we always got exactly what we ordered. My recommendation would be an all day buffet. Lunch was the same menu every day at the same restaurant. If you are used to large North American portions - be prepared for smaller, but tasty.

Kids Club - excellent. Staff was attentive and played with kids, didn't just watch them. The kids loved the staff(Africa and Wendy) and enjoyed going. Wasn't sure how I would feel about leaving my kids there in terms of safety but it was great.

Service - very good across the board. Staff was accommodating. We were a large group and when asked by one of the managers, let them know we felt our dinner waits could be too long. They were very apologetic, and went out of their way to ensure the remaining dinners went well.

Entertainment - it is a smaller, quiet resort. But each evening had a vocalist or band - all were really good. Best entrainment we've seen!

Overall - Beautiful and the cleanest I have been to by far. A few minor glitches but the way they were handled by the staff was excellent. Although a small resort, not claustrophobic and felt very safe - even allowing the kids to move around by themselves.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Beloved Hotel? Share your experiences!