“Awesome!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Beloved Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Beloved Hotel to your Saves list
The Beloved Hotel
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Condominio Playa Mujeres, Playa Mujeres 77400, Mexico (Formerly La Amada Hotel)   |
Offers & Announcements
Up to 25% off room rate
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Playa Mujeres
Winnipeg, Canada
“Awesome!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed in an oceanview terrace suite with plunge pool (suite 130), from Feb 21-28 2013 and it was the best vacation ever! This was our 5th trip to Mexico and nothing can even come close!!!! The room was more than we could have ever imagined, the king bed, the liquor, the gigantic shower, the terrace (3 beds and a pool).....I could go on and on! The staff was phenominal right from the time you check in. They call you by name and are always making sure that they are doing everything to make your stay perfect! The swim up bar (Waldo was the bartender) was so much fun, and it was great to be able to have your choice of pools or the beach to relax on! There were always sun beds available (more around the pools than on the beach) and they were very comfortable. The Beloved works very hard to make your vacation as carefree as possible. No wristbands, no lineups/sign out cards to get towels, and they always make sure that you have a drink in your hand. The food was great (ignore those negative Nelly's that complain about the food) We went to the restaurants and used the 24 hour room service and were always happy!! The resort is kid friendly, but they did not seem to be a bother at all!! I just cannot say enough about the Beloved, and next time we are in Cancun, we are not even going to bother looking anywhere else.......this was top of the line! I would recommend taking USD instead of MXN for use in the hotel, they seem to appreciate that more! I have never been treated with such care and class as I have at the Beloved........the General Manager (Gabriel Garcias) even came to say good bye when we were leaving......they made us feel like royalty for a week! So thank you to all of the Beloved staff, I couldn't have asked for a more perfect vacation.......We'll see you next year :-)

Room Tip: We had room 130 in the main building. The front of the suite faced east (the ocean) and the terrace...

1,666 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (523)
  • Korean first
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My wife and I have several businesses and we lead a pretty fast paced life due to the demands from work. Some friends recommended The Beloved so we went in November. We went again in Febuary and we were able to stay for six days on the second visit and that is why it was better; just because we were able to stay longer. This time our suite was right on the beach and we had our own private pool. Wonderful service all around. The general manager Gabriel has guided his staff in such a way that they serve with such grace that you feel like family. We would highly recommend this resort to anyone. The staff frequently says "My pleasure" however it was truly our pleasure. Thank you. Great work Gabriel!

Room Tip: We enjoyed the suite on the beach that had a private pool.
Zepyrhills Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

What a beautiful, relaxing Resort Hotel this is. I have had the good fortune to have stayed here numerous times. Each time was a total delight.
I highly recommend this for guests who seek tranquility and total enjoyment. Since this property is not big, one has the feeling of belonging to the hotel family.
Each member of this qualified staff makes one feel totally at home.
The food is also outstanding. With restaurants to choose from, the chef creates culinary delights
to numerous to mention.
Overall experience is SUPERB
.In addition to the above, the beach is a dream as well, gorgeous amenities and detailed service from the staff.

Room Tip: Every room in this lovely hotel is outstanding as each room is a Jr. Suite with many great features...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

It was a well deserved vacations away from the snow and the cold for the 3 of us. My husband, myself and our 14 month old little princess. And believe me, she was treated like one. All three of us we're treated like royalty. Everyone was kind, polite, helpfull and really seems to care about us and our needs. Keep in mind, this is a FAMILY resort, and that there's thousand of adult only good resorts to choose from... But there's only one Beloved for us families. It's not because we have children that we suddenly want to be in a big AI with loud music and splashing kids everywhere, eating only burgers or bland food.
Room service was quick, acurate and very good. All restaurants served excellent meals, something for everyone. Sushis and sashimis we're tasty and beautifully presented, steaks where trully amazing, specialties we're surely the best I've eaten in AI and it beats lots of restaurants. For people who don't like mexican food for breakfast (wich in Aroma was good and interesting) you can order omelet, pancakes, french toasts... But to be honest, if you like to have the best of it all, let the waiter choose for you! They know their foods and will surprise you.
Beach was really fun, calm someday, windy others and our daughter loved it. There was seaweed on one day, but the weather was trully bad that day and it happends almost everywhere with storms. Pools were never crowded, but we barely use them having a plunge pool on our terrace. So it leads me to the rooms. Amazing, huge, beautiful and that breathtaking terrace was perfect to have our sun and drinks when our baby was taking her naps.
We loved the ground, the rooms, the staff, the food. It was a perfect vacations. Already thinking about going back next year.

Room Tip: If you really want to be quiet as possible, avoid building 1. We were there for the first night and...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Arlington, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

My husband and I took a trip to The Beloved Hotel in Feb 2013. Our room, the service, the spa and the grounds were impeccable. The food is overall really good. The only thing I didn't like was the catamaran "snorkeling" trip. That was a bust. This resort is really all about relaxing in luxury with excellent service. If you need a lot of action, you should stay somewhere else. We were traveling as a couple but didn't mind the kids. Overall they were cute and well behaved.

The absolute best thing about the Beloved hotel was the staff. We had amazing and friendly service every day from countless employees. A few stand outs were Alex on the beach, Noe at the Isla Grille, Ricardo at the spa and Yessenia at Aroma. We also really enjoyed the live music in the lupita lounge. We were down there almost every night, relaxing and listening to music. Very low key and relaxing just like everything at the Beloved.

We stayed in the "Ocean View Terrace with Plunge Pool." It does technically have a view of the ocean but it's pretty distant. If you want a view, book a room with the word "beach" in the title. The difference made sense after I was there but I was initially a little disappointed. What our room lacked in view it made up for in everything else. The terrace was humongous and we really liked having the private plunge pool. The plunge pool jets were on a timer for late afternoon. It would have been nice to be able to control them. The only other thing i would have changed was having a sturdier door to the toilet room. There's nothing romantic about hearing your partner use the restroom.

I had an amazing Jet Lag 80 min massage from Ricardo. I was glad i waited until i was at the resort to book my massage because there were promotions advertised in the nightly flier. The jet lag massage was 40% off and a complete bargain. I was a little late for the 60 min of hydrotherapy but i felt that a half hour of experiencing different water jets was enough for me anyways.

Do not do the the snorkeling catamaran excursion! It was awful. It is just an expensive water taxi to the island. There was no snorkeling at all because the water was rough. However, I'm sure the water was rough the entire time we were there and they probably knew there would be no snorkeling when we booked the trip. They said there would be drinks on the boat. While technically true, i'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with a self service cooler with two litter soda bottles on a very bumping ride. The captain told us that we should book golf carts through him when we were on the boat for the bargain price of $40. We assumed that everything would be taken care of with the price of the excursion and didn't bring that much cash with us. He let us borrow his snorkeling gear and told us there was a place by a hotel we could go snorkeling. So we hoofed it through a dirty downtown carrying the gear with no guide. We finally found it but there were no fish so we spent hours hanging out on a crappy beach. No shade, drinks or beds like the beach back at the resort. The couples that booked golf carts had an amazing time scooting around the island. The silver lining was that we appreciated the Beloved Hotel so much after that trip was over.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Our first all-inclusive - everything was incredible. We stayed in the 2 level beach casita w/our 4 yr old & 8 month old. Was so quiet, and they provided everything we needed. The kids were happy and my husband & I felt like we could relax & not feel our vacation was all about the kids. Had one of the best massages (and I get many) I've ever had w/Elana. Highly recommend for everyone, families or couples.

• Stayed February 2013
Swarthmore, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

This was our second trip to The Beloved, and we enjoyed it as much as the first. We would go back again and again. We were travelling as a couple, with another couple and stayed in Ocean View Junior Suites in Building 1.
All we wanted to do was relax, chill, drink, eat, sit on the beach, read and sleep. This is the perfect place for that. It is not a place if you get bored easily, as (by design) there is not a lot of activity. There is music in the lounge at night, mostly a DJ machine with latin-infused renditions of songs (some of which should note have been subjected to that sort of arrangement), but every night there was some sort of live music. Our last evening there was a lovely saxophonist playing with a backup recording, and we danced a lot.
I cannot say enough about the cunningness and beauty of the design of this hotel. Though it is not large, there seem to be infinite private alcoves and quiet places. Every square inch of dune has been landscaped meticulously – you don’t notice it at first, but if you take the time to look around, you can see how very carefully ever single thing is placed for maximum effect. My wife and her friend walked down the beach to the Excellence, and noticed how different the beach was designed (Excellence mainly very open, The Beloved landscaped by an artist).
On a crowded day, we arranged three beach chairs for the four of us, and our fourth sat on a towel, leaning against my chair, which was fine for her. But we looked up and two hotel workers were hustling a fourth chair to us, without our asking. Service, always.
It is all-inclusive but there are extras they are happy to sell you, most of which you don’t need. There are some house wines, which are included, but if you want a specially chosen bottle from the wine list, it’s extra. The house liquor (Johnnie Walker Black, Absolut, Don Julio & 1800 Tequila) are all perfectly fine, and you get bottles in your room; they also offer some very special tequilas at a tasting, or at the bar, for extra. Dinner on the beach is expensive. (The spa is separate, and all services cost, but it’s worth the splurge, I’m told).
The one extra we used, that we really enjoyed, was the beach cabana. It is a canopied space with a bed, with semi-privacy, a bottle of sparkling wine, and extra-attentive service. For the one day we used it, it was nice to have a dedicated space with reliable shade all day. They cost $45 which includes the wine, worth it (we took the one that had two beds in it, that one is $65 for two couples).
The service in all ways is friendly and attentive, and we tipped well for it. They all work very hard there.
I love the room and the shower. High ceiling, very spacious, lovely balcony (with bed, where I conked out one night after a little extra scotch). The shower has a nozzle, plus a rainforest spout, plus side jets. I still haven’t gotten into the room Jacuzzi!
The food is quite good, but there are nights it is hit or miss. I only ordered one dish I truly didn’t like. I agree with other reviews that after a week I might be bored. (Nothing like ordering a shrimp pizza on the beach, though).
A lot of reviews have mentioned the presence of children. And it’s very true, two years ago we hardly saw any children, but now it’s become a favorite for families. We went to the lounge early one evening and saw five strollers (!). But there was only one time there was a problem (a tantrum in a restaurant, and the parents finally removed the child). Almost without exception, the children were quiet and well-behaved. I know some people want to totally forget about kids when on vacation and want that “adults-only” feel and seeing children can harsh their mellow; for us, we found it easy to find spaces to feel private and alone, and we weren’t bothered (and some of the kids were very cute). If you go to the restaurants and lounge on the later side you won’t see them.
I would highly recommend this resort to anyone who is more a Bodies in Rest than a Bodies in Motion sort of person.

Room Tip: Ocean View Junior Suite, best value
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Beloved Hotel? Share your experiences!