“Third time, still wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Beloved Hotel

You added The Beloved Hotel to your Saves list
The Beloved Hotel
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Condominio Playa Mujeres, Playa Mujeres 77400, Mexico (Formerly La Amada Hotel)   |
Offers & Announcements
Up to 35% off room rate
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Playa Mujeres
Toronto, Canada
“Third time, still wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Our family of four has just returned from our third trip to The Beloved. We love it. The staff are wonderful and go out of their way for you. They were sincerely kind to my 3 year old and always made a fuss over our 6 month old baby. The food is wonderful-- We ate egg white omelettes with goat cheese and Belgian waffles for breakfast and lobster and prawns for dinner. Delicious! The kids menu has the typical chicken nuggets, hamburgers, etc, but also things like a homemade chicken soup, caprese salad, grilled chicken breast. We ate predominantly at the Isla Grill for lunch and dinner, once or twice at Aroma.
We had a babysitter for our son and he really enjoyed the kids club and Wendy and Africa. I could hardly pull him away. My only wish is that the kids club was for 3 year olds + instead of 4+.
The beach was gorgeous this time around. We have been here previously and the sea grass was in full swing. This time, there was none. It's nothing they can control, and when there is a lot of Seagrass they rake it up.
If you have kids who nap, consider getting a swim up room so you can swim in the pools, hang out on your terrace, order drinks etc, while they sleep.
Some people have complained that there are too many kids at this resort, which again, I am baffled by when every review mentions families. Right next door is The Excellence, owned by the same people and adults only. People with children also want a nice holiday, we don't want to haul our kids back 20 minutes to the room or eat sub par food bc we have kids. My baby napped on the pool daybeds and kids were never loud enough to wake him, so really, how disruptful is that? Have another drink and enjoy yourself.
Thank you Beloved, for creating a wonderful FAMILY resort. None of us wanted to leave. We will be back again (and again!).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (686)
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

If you desire, peace and relaxation, hot sun and a bevy on the beach while your kids play in the sand this is the resort for you.

We went as a family of 4. Our kids are 6 and 3 and although our younger one wasn't able to partake in the kids club it really didn't matter. Our older one loved it and got wonderful one on one attention because this resort is small and not overcrowded at all. The staff is AMAZING. They were so nice and gentle and personable. Its very spacious, you will always get a beach chair or a place by the pool and if you can't find one - a staff member will bring up two chairs just for you.

The scenery is gorgeous. Its just not your typical all inclusive and that is what we LOVED about it. Its simple and classy and ridiculously clean.

The spa goes down as the best spa treatment for both my husband and I that we have ever had.

The staffs priority was its guests. We felt so taken care of. We feel very lucky to have had this trip as a family and we will absolutely be back.

Room Tip: We were ground floor pool front and it was awesome. The kids just walked out and swam in the morning...
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We have been home a week now and are still talking about how lucky we were to find The Beloved Hotel. All the staff were, without exception, friendly, professional, helpful and cheerful. Everywhere was immaculate and the food was delicious. The atmosphere was relaxed and calming.

We were fortunate to stay in a Beachfront Casita with wonderful views and really enjoyed breakfast on our balcony on a couple of occasions. I can only endorse what many have said; this is an amazing hotel where everyone does their very best to make your holiday fabulous. I hope we will return one day soon.

new york city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

After reading many glowing reviews of this place, I was hoping it lived up to expectations. I don't need to restate what has been said in the other reviews, except to say that this place is well worth it. The resorts (rooms, grounds, facilities) are five star. The service is exceptional. The food is the best you are going to get anything all inclusive, and for the most part was stellar. The resort is small, which I think is one of its most positive characteristics. Also, the beach is absolutely gorgeous (no seaweed as some previous reviews mentioned). All in all, excellent trip, fabulous and friendly staff, and five stars all around.

Room Tip: We had the most basic room and it was huge and overlooked the gorgeous pool area. You don't need...
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We loved our stay here. The staff was AMAZING...everyone was incredibly friendly and helpful about everything. The property, food, amenities, etc. was fantastic from start to finish. The restaurants were particularly easy to navigate with a stroller. The spa was fantastic. Everything about the experience was top-notch and equally they did not fall short on a single dimension.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room with it's own little pool, which we highly recommend if you have little kids...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My wife and I could not have been more pleased with the Beloved and the staff! From the time the front door opened and we received our greeting to the morning we left. It was so amazing that we have decided to make this our yearly anniversary trip! The staff seem to truly love their job and the people they are serving.... Pablo, Emanuel, Eduardo, Jorge, and many more that I hope to see next February became more like friends and we always hoped to see them during our day because we knew they would make us smile!!!!! I just can't say enough positive about the resort and the staff... The Beloved is and will always be my home away from home! As in any business there is room for improvement; the operator could be more helpful and more friendly ;the evening events could be better and more of them. If I can make it until February 2013 I will return, if not it will be sooner!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2013
Wrinehill, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

A fantastic all inclusive hotel. My first impression was that there was too much concrete for my liking and the hotel exterior was not very aesthetically pleasing. However, this is a matter of taste and my husband disagrees with me and liked the modern look.

The hotel inside and out was kept spotless, and the service we received was exceptional. Unfortunately, I realised on arrival that I had forgoten my prescription medicine so the concierge contacted firstly a doctor and then the pharmacy to arrange for replacements to be delivered to the hotel within a few hours. Thank you so much for this.

The Beloved actually markets itself as a family hotel and does not pretend to be a couples only resort. In fact the management explained to us that if people do not want to be around children then they are happy for them to move next door to their sister hotel and pay the difference in price.. The little ones, and it is mainly babies and toddlers, were not a problem to us. Unfortunately it is usually the adults that make the most noise.

Overall the food in all the restaurants was delicious but we partcularly the Lupita Restaurant. The breakfast in Aroma would set us up for the day and it is predominently menu based with a small mexican buffet. The Beloved omelette (goats cheese and smoked salmon) was my favourite..

Our rooms was huge and I have to agree with a previous comment about the bar in the room which was a bit too 70's. Also, if you are shy and it is your first holiday with a partner then the glass toilet door may also not be for you.

However, all in all, we had a fantastic holiday and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel anyone. In fact I already have. If we go back to Mexico then we would definitly stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Beloved Hotel? Share your experiences!