“belated first year anniversary honeymoon” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Beloved Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Beloved Hotel to your Saves list
The Beloved Hotel
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Condominio Playa Mujeres, Playa Mujeres 77400, Mexico (Formerly La Amada Hotel)   |
Offers & Announcements
Up to 25% off room rate
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Playa Mujeres
Palos Heights IL
“belated first year anniversary honeymoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

My husband and I are here right now. We haven't even been here one full day and LOVE it! Have a few concerns that we let the staff know about so we'll see what happens with that. Otherwise, we LOVED breakfast, dinner was wonderful, staff is wonderful. It's very serene and quiet. Gated area so no need for concerns regarding your safety. Pretty high end but very reasonably priced. We aren't rich by any stretch of the imagination but this was well worth the price (go when they have specials.) It's small and intimate. So far....we are having a great time. Massages in an hour!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

1,646 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (518)
  • Korean first
Providence
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

My husband and I were looking for an all-inclusive vacation to celebrate our 12 yr. wedding anniversary, we wanted something that would be relaxing, fun, and we did not wanted to spend a fortune. He surprises me by selecting this Hotel and I have to say it was wonderful surprise. Everyone was so nice and friendly from the moment we got there we met Edgar and throughout our stay he check on us and even got a taxi ready for us to go shopping. We took advantage of the spa packages and it was so amazing!!!! During our stay we got to meet many others like Patricio who set us up with a private bungalow at the beach for the day with our very own server Daniel who by the way was spectacular bringing us Champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries. He pretty much saw us every day after that and he manage to always said hello and remember our names and favorite drinks. The drinks are phenomenal--Our favorite drink was a Miami-Vice which Jorge the lobby bartender suggested. Our favorite restaurant was Isla Grill and we try to seat at the area with Noe, he was so funny and always came up with suggestions to try that were delicious. It was one of the best vacations, anything we needed they always accommodated and even surprise us every night with a little anniversary treat. Diego the Concierge was extremely sweet and helpfull he seek us out just to check how our stay was going.
Excellent Destination away from the commotion of the heart of Cancun

Room Tip: Higher rooms have the best view.
Oxford, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

The hotel staff will take care of you from the second you pull up to the hotel until the second you leave. The went well out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed and even did some extras. They are extremely nice and helpful in so many ways. The "all inclusive" is very nice as well although the food at all the restaurants was not good. Very small portions and the food was very very low quality. I guess that's where the budget gets cut. The drinks were good. Lots of selections from low end to high end liquors. The stocked bar in the room was a nice touch as well.

Room Tip: Our room said "Ocean Front" which in actuality was "Pool Front" We could see par...
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

My spouse and I had a great experience the first time we stayed at La Amada (now called The Beloved) and decided to return for 10 days during September 2012. We both believe that management has actually taken a great hotel and made it better. The majority of positive reviews I read on Trip Advisor are very accurate on describing this hotel and the few negatives I read was not my experience. I exchanged USD into Pesos before leaving the US, but really only used the cash for tipping. The weather was more rainy than normal, but we still had plenty of sunshine the majority of days. We rode a private taxi from the airport to the hotel using Cancun Shuttle which was pre booked with a cost of $50USD one way. We had no problem getting a taxi coming back to the airport. Upon check in we were greeted by name and handed the normal glass of Champaign, along with cold towels. Our picture was taken and we were escorted to the Isla Grill for lunch. The entire check in took five minutes and the room was ready when we finished having lunch. A nice welcome dessert was in the room and we stayed in an OV suite. The rooms are fantastic and the pictures on the website are exactly what they look like. I’m sure most everyone has read previous reviews on the room condition and I can confirm the high quality of the suites. The previous time we stayed here, the hotel was not an all inclusive and I must admit I was a little concerned regarding the change over to the AI. Rest assured that The Beloved has taken the AI to a higher level and I was completely satisfied. Everything from the mini bar in your room, meals at all the restaurants; swim up bar, beach service, kayaks, pool service, bicycles, sushi bar, coffee bar, pastry bar, etc. were included. Although all of our meals were good, we preferred the Isla Grill for quality, selection and service. The addition of the beach restaurant (El Mar) was a good choice for an afternoon pizza or light meal. We ate in every restaurant and never tired of choices, although one night we ate next door at the Excellence and visited a show. The Beloved took us over via a golf cart, made reservations at a nice Italian restaurant and set us up to see the Michael Jackson show. Upon our departure, Guest Services asked me what I liked and did not like about the hotel; I mentioned all the good things and especially the afternoon pastry bar…before leaving the chef gave us some pastries to take home. Although we travel to different locations several times each year, I will plan on staying here again when I’m in the Cancun area.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have better view
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

I have been to cancun before and now that I am married and have a 19month old son it is difficult to find somewhere so luxurious where children are accepted.

We were welcomed with champaign and cold towels, and checked in promptly and showed to our rooms. The level of service at this hotel is truly amazing, nothing is to little to ask for.

Now in your room you have a fridge stocked with drinks and 5 bottles of spirits which are for unlimited consumption, we didn't like some drinks so we exchanged some for Malibu and baileys.

Some all inclusive hotels stop service after certain times, this hotel is truly 24 hours all inclusive, we took full advantage of room service.

Room is quality throughout, the showers are massive and the round hot tub relaxing.

We certainly enjoyed eating out at the Isla grill restaurant, this was because the guy called PABLO made us so welcome with his strong humor.

Never had service where we never have to leave the beach to get a drink, and ordering 5 star lunch straight to your sun bed. ALEX is the star waiter on the beach / pool service, he has great warm and charming personality.

Someone who goes perhaps unnoticed is WILFREDO, he never stops making sure any of the pools are clean and safe. A credit to the hotel.

Special thanks to JORGE at the gym, he gave me some great tips and advise to bring back with me, he is very warm to offering his advise, and is so worth paying $50 extra for 3 days of personal instruction, he really knows his stuff.

We tried out the couples hydrotherapy spa treatments and massages which were out of this world.

Also special thanks to Wendy in the kids club, even though our son doesn't meet the requirements for the 4-12 age she was very attentive and happy, unfortunately couldn't say the same for Africa.

The drinks are so varied and had to try many new things. Overall had the best holiday to date and we cant stop thinking about our return some time soon.

Simon.

• Stayed September 2012
Joplin, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My wife and I just returned from our honeymoon, which we spent at The Beloved. I can say without a doubt that all of my expectations were met or, in most cases, exceeded. The staff was very polite, fun, and attentive. I met one of the managers on the beach, and two days later at a completely different part of the resort he remembered my name and made sure an issue we had noted to the front desk had been resolved (the issue was with our ipod dock/radio which is included in the room, they exchanged it with a new unit within 30 minutes)! They bent over backward to make sure everything was enjoyable and relaxing for us.

The food was great, each of the restaurants has a decent selection. Each dish we tried was excellent, 4 to 5 star quality. The only complaint about the food I had was the desserts; they were not quite up to the same standards as the meals, but were tasty nonetheless.

Overall I would recommend this resort to anyone looking for a relaxing, beautiful, luxury resort. I can't say enough good things about it, really I wish I could give it 10 stars! Can't wait to go back, hopefully it will be sooner rather than later!

Room Tip: go for 2nd or 3rd floor rooms. The ground level ones have a less private balcony/patio. We staye...
Levittown, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Just returned last week from a week at The Beloved. This hotel is outstanding. Clean, updated and the accomodations beyond what we were expecting. We fell in love with this place the first day. The service from the staff was impeccable! Whatever you needed or wanted they were there to ensure you got it with a smile. There is nothing that I can think of that may disuade anyone from choosing this hotel for your next get away. Thank you to Alfredo, Patrico, Joel and everyone who served us. We will be back for sure.

Room Tip: All accomodates are suitable and present a great view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Beloved Hotel? Share your experiences!