“Best romantic all inclusive spot. A Beloved experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Beloved Hotel

You added The Beloved Hotel to your Saves list
The Beloved Hotel
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Condominio Playa Mujeres, Playa Mujeres 77400, Mexico (Formerly La Amada Hotel)   |
Offers & Announcements
Up to 20% Off room rate
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Playa Mujeres
Guayaquil, Ecuador
“Best romantic all inclusive spot. A Beloved experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

The wife and I were a bit skeptical about an all inclusive resort. Not only this is no resort, consider this your home away from home boutique hotel. It's so romantic, clean, luxurious as you can imagine. Totally worth the price, in fact, you can't a put a price on a vacation at the Beloved Hotel. It exceeded our expectations in every way. The beach is so peaceful. Food was always fresh and very tasty. We stayed at one of the "casitas" closer to the beach. The view was perfect and the room itself was so nice we just stayed there and at the beach. There is no need to do the tourist stuff. My wife lost her engagement ring the first night we arrived and I thought it ruined our honeymoon, but the staff went the extra mile to find that night right at the beach with a metal detector!!!!

We wanted to relax on our honeymoon and be pampered and we could have not decided on a better place that the beloved hotel. The place really lives up to its name. We look forward on coming back soon.

Room Tip: Try to get the casitas rooms closer to the beach
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (670)
  • Korean first
Ambler
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

The Beloved Hotel has changed our minds at how wonderful and luxurious an all inclusive vacation can be. The facility was top notched. The rooms were clean, nicely decorated, comfortable bed, toiletries were high end, beach chairs were comfortable; they did not forget anything. There was a full bar in our room, 24/7 room service available, restaurants were amazing. The food was ala carte and it was like eating gourmet meals every night. We just came back (June 2012) and I can't stop thinking how everything was so wonderful. The best part was their SERVICE. Everyone was so friendly and helpful and eager to service you with a smile.

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor casita with a plunging pool. I love having our own little pool, since...
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I've never felt the need to write a review in my life until I stayed at the Beloved Hotel. We just came back this week and we are still amazed at how incredible this hotel is!!!!!

The staff is incredible, they cater to every need with a smile and helpful information. They are always happy to answer any questions, get you any drink or food that you want. Even the Room Service is included in your fee!

The food was superb, the drinks very tasty every single day. It is also a very stylish hotel, the architecture and details are top of the line.

We stayed at the beachfront casitas and could not get enough of the view and nice atmosphere. The hotel staff even surprised us with a Birthday Cake for me, and we did not even tell them that we wanted to do something special - that was just the sweetest detail I've ever seen.

The cool thing about the Beloved is that it's nestled far away from the craziness of the hangout bars and huge hotels - it's just peaceful.

The people of México will definitively welcome you with open arms and treat you like royalty. In all my travels, I've never seen this kind of top notch service, they are really dedicated to make you have the greatest time ever.

I will definitively come back in December to celebrate with them the new year. Gracias Beloved!!!

Room Tip: Try to see if they have the Hermosa or the Consentidas if you want to stay at the Beach Casitas.
Snellville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

We stayed at The Beloved Hotel between June 3rd and June 7th of this year. I wanted to take to my wife somewhere very special, and after much research on resorts in the Cancun area, I made a decision to go with The Beloved because of the impeccable reviews of others. I had very high expectations, and I am happy to say that my expectations were not only met, but exceeded.

We arrived at The Beloved before the scheduled check-in time. Once we completed the paperwork and enjoyed a glass of champagne, Juan Carlos took us on a tour of the facility, and we were taken to E Mar for lunch while our room was prepared. El Mar is right on the beach, and serves an absolutely great lunch – with a spectacular view, and became friends with Ivan. We even had a Coco-Loco served in a coconut – now this living! When then went back to the lobby where we were told that not only was our room ready, but that we were being upgraded to an ocean view room with a private plug pool on the terrace. I had looked long and hard at that room while making my initial reservations – and to get it as an upgrade was phenomenal. Now my wife is thinking that I am a hero! Gueraldo made sure that we were settled nicely in our room, and helped us out on one or two occasions during our stay.

I was looking for a quiet, relaxing place to spend our vacation, and The Beloved turned out to be exactly that. While it is a family hotel, the children that we did see there were exceptionally well behaved. The only noise we heard at all was from two adults who were having way too much fun in the pool our second afternoon there. During our stay we had dinner at Aroma twice, and had dinner at Isla twice. We did not get around to trying Lupita, but the dinners we had were exceptional, though we would give a slight nod to Isla because of its’ location. If you choose this hotel, you must try room service, as it is so much more than just having your food placed on a tray brought to you. Room service for lunch was great.

A final word about the staff, because they can truly make a stay special. By the end of the second day, a good number of the staff was beginning to call us by our last name, which was really nice, and personalized our visit. All of the staff from Carlos and the wait staff, to housecleaning, to the fellow who left our snacks, to Max at the pool bar were exceedingly friendly, and eager to assist.

In conclusion, we had a wonderful time, and can’t wait to go back. As a frequent visitor to the Disney Resorts while our daughter was growing up, we were accustomed to great service while on vacation. Even though this is an AI Resort, we did tip, because the staff earned it. My wife and I are not hard to please, but we do appreciate quality and service, and I will avidly recommend The Beloved to anyone who wants a quiet, relaxing vacation from a resort that knows how to treat their patrons.

Room Tip: Would highly recommend ocean view terrace with pluge pool - exceptional.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

We stayed at the hotel in April 2012 based on a recommendation from a friend. What a great property to get away from it all. First off, they keep the property immaculately clean. They were consistently cleaning, sweeping, wiping all outside lights, floors, chairs and tables. It seems like the place is a fine tuned machine.

The beach is calm and the water is beautiful. As there is a little break provided by the marina, there is no real surf break, so taking little children into the water is less stressful than some other places where the water is so rough. The beach service is exemplary and the food is good. Some dishes are much better than others, but it fresh and usually nicely prepared. The seafood is caught daily and the shrimp skewers on the beach were a delight.

As this property is north of Cancun, you are bordered only by the other excellence property so the beach is not crowded and clean. You don't get the crowds of spring breakers that flock into Cancun for Spring break.

My husband and I will definitely return.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

My husband and I have actually traveled alot for our age and I have to say I have never experienced the bless that accompinied our stay at the Beloved. From the room, to the food, to the beach, to the service, this hotel will be the only place we will ever stay in Mexico. This is the place you go when you need to relax and just be taken care of. Furthermore, you will never find a cleaner hotel, not just because EVERYTHING is white or cream colored, but because they are constantly cleaning every single cranny in the place. And while I have often felt a little nervous about the quality and consistency of the all-inclusive, this place is clearly the exception. Every meal was not just good but delicious. Even the room service food (which I admitt we might have abused a bit as it was so easy, quick, and convinient) was sooooo good. You know you have picked to right hotel when you watch your bartender crush fresh strawberries right in front of you for your strawberry margarita on the rocks. If you are looking for a party, this is not the place. If you want to unwind, relax, and soak up sunrays in peaceful bless, this is where you want to go to. I cannot even fathom how anyone could ever find something to complain about.

Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

My girlfriend and I picked this resort based on the outstanding number of positive reviews. We are in our mid-thirties and travel a couple times a year. We stayed here in mid-April, 2012 for eight nights.

We read hundreds of reviews for the Beloved just out of excitement. There seemed to be a theme to most reviews. Most important to pay attention to "This is not adults only" "Kids everywhere." We say they have an identity crisis because this place is small, romantic, amazingly well-kept and outstanding service, YET they cater to families with kids. The romantic appearance, size and service would lead you to believe they originally intended to be adults only. We theorized there must be more money in it for the company to cater to young families. With that being said, we knew this info going down and fully expected to have some not so quiet intimate moments. If you go with the right person (like we did) you rarely notice the distractions. We didn't let it slow our roll.

The resort could fix the kid issue with a couple simple rules or modifying where the kid pool is. The children's play area is not used. I think we were the only people to use it all week when I took pictures of my gnome on the slide. Sebastian and the other swim-up bartenders make more blended drinks for 6 year olds than adults. And, did it with a smile. I suggest buddying up with a few other couples and take the bar back for the adults. Mom and dad can take the kids for a Slurpee when they get home. The kids seem to frequent the pool between 10-2. We were at the pool each day at about 8am and truly had it to ourselves (just the two of us!). That was one of the highlights. Beautiful views, quiet, etc. Ahhhh!

The staff is amazing! The staff is amazing! The staff is amazing! I could go on, but you get the point. Alfredo was my favorite. I was never without a cold drink in my hand! You can't sneeze without them wiping your nose for you. The staff in the beach/ pool area seem to work the same chairs throughout the day. So, we would tip an extra $20 or so in the beginning of the day and received exceptional service. However, I don't think you need to tip at all, as they seem to give everyone the same high level of service. They just work their tails off and deserve a little extra.

Food was a 3.5 out of 5. There was some really good stuff and some not so good. At breakfast ask for the "healthy (green) juice." It is a very tasty breakfast smoothie. Its not on the menu but they are happy to get you some.

We made two short excursions to the Excellence (next door) and Isla Mujeres. Both trips just made us realize how great and perfect the Beloved was. Isla Mujeres is the Mexico we wanted to avoid, pesty venders, dirty, crowded, etc. The Excellence was nice, but huge. Not top notch service we received at the Beloved.

Don't let the kid thing steer you away. This place is worth putting up with a couple whiny kids here and there. If you're a parent, take your kids elsewhere. I'd like to go back someday and hope this place transitions to couples. Enjoy the one you're with, leave the kids with grandma. Do the Aqua Viva as a couple. We had a blast doing this together. We were calling it Mayan Water Torture (in a laughing/ good way). Try it, you'll be saying the same.

Say hi to Alfredo for me. Tell him Mr. Baldwin will be back soon!

Room Tip: We stayed in the basic/ Jr. Suite and loved it.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Beloved Hotel? Share your experiences!