“Very nice honeymoon resort, not too many kids” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Beloved Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Beloved Hotel to your Saves list
The Beloved Hotel
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Condominio Playa Mujeres, Playa Mujeres 77400, Mexico (Formerly La Amada Hotel)   |
Offers & Announcements
Up to 20% off room rate
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Playa Mujeres
Melbourne
“Very nice honeymoon resort, not too many kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

We stayed at La Amada for 5 nights for our honeymoon, taking up the AI option for ease. On the website there was a free honeymoon package apparently available, however we didn't qualify I don't believe, actually I had no idea as it wasn't mentioned to us at all. We did get a card from them which was nice.

The swim up room was amazing, it was such a good size room which had a private jacuzzi, and I huge walk in shower room which we loved.
The food was good, at the Isla Grill and room service was great, they would come to the smaller pools to ask if you'd like anything. The cocktails were amazing!

I know very limited Spanish but I really appreciated the staff addressing us in Spanish and asking us how everything was, allowing me to practice. I really appreciated it.

The spa was absolutely the high point of our trip. On rainy days we would go to the spa for treatments. On our first day it was pouring with rain (as it did everyday) so my new husband and I had 3 hours of couples treatments. The spa staff are so friendly and helpful. We couldn't imagine leaving La Amada without having 1 final spa treatment so just before we checked out we had another water treatment.

Our only gripes would be that the minibar could have had more to drink than just beer, perhaps some wine for the gluten intolerant?
Also one day housekeeping staff came into the room whilst we were on the patio and locked all our values in the safe, despite us still being in our room. It was difficult to get the code and a security guard had to come in and unlock it
Trying to make a reservation was a nightmare. We were trying to book a flights and accom package flying from the US, however their system wouldn't accept overseas credit cards online. Tried repeatedly to call the service number but even if we called at 6am the consultant would answer and say he can't help at all as it's before 8AM when another team who would help would start and we need to call back instead. Why was this person even on the phones, VM would have worked just as well. However it was the middle of the night in Australia so we needed to make these calls as soon as possible. When we asked the hotel about it as the rates were constantly changing as each day went on, they didn't care and kept saying to call the first number, then telling us we can't use it this service because they don't book flights from Australia ? I hadn't asked them too, I wanted to book from NYC. We gave up and booked it ourselves after wasting so much time

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (549)
  • Korean first
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

We just got back from Cancun, and I can truly say that this was a trip of a lifetime.

After an intense online search, La Amada came up as highly recommended. I am here to say, after our experience there, it is " A place to experience at least once in your life".

This hotel was not just a hotel...it was A lifestyle . we were engulfed in absolute relaxation and tranquility..
I can write a book on the stellar accommodations...but in an attempt to be brief, I will summarize:
1) Hotel- Gorgeous,. Even the "standard rooms" were luxurious suites. we enjoyed the shower that was bigger than my NY apartment, the l'Occitane body products, the very clean in room jacuzzi, etc etc. The highlight for me was the day bed, that you can enjoy even on rainy days.
2)The service- Impeccable, polite, accommodating. From the front desk/ concierges,wait staff, chefs,cleaners- everybody- it was like being in an alternate universe..They go out of their way to ensure your stay is exactly what you wish.
3)The food- well, let's just say, some of the best food I ever ate. They satisfied our every tastebud ! From breakfast treats for me of home made yogurt and fresh fruit puree, must have banana milkshake, to the traditional american and mexican breakfast fare.
Lunch was always either great seafood salads or ceviche, to steak ...fresh ingredients, great taste. MUst try the TUMBADA. Dinner- again we ate to our hearts content- lobster if you wnated every night or great spanish style food at Lupita. Casual lounging at Lupita Lounge with soft music ( didn't get a chance to try the Sushi).
The drinks were fabulous...good quality and always beautifully garnished.
try the " Dubois"- Mexican sparkling wine- very refreshing, especially when sitting at the beach or pool.
4)The spa- yet another must try!!! The included Agua vida experience alone is worth booking a spa treatment. The best spa ever. The service and the surroundings again were beyond amazing
5) Beach- Private...always several shaded lounge beds and cabanas available.
Pools- clean, warm, enough room for everyone.
I could go on and on about this place.
Perfect in every way sums it up. We met a couple who had been there for the 4th time. They said they tried many other hotels in cancun and Mexico, but they keep coming back. I can see why.
Next year they plan to change the name to the Beloved ( la Amada in English)..I hope the quality stays the same.

Words of caution- book your transportation to and from teh airport before you go..Best day travel , recommened by expedia was excellent as well.
DO NOT talk to the vultures that try to sell you tours/ activities just before you exit they airport...they are scams.
Book your tours before you leave home or thru the hotel..

Have fun!

Room Tip: Any room is a good room here
Jackson, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

Just came back from a very short 5day weekend from LaAmada & already setting my dates for next year.I dont do the 5 paragraph reviews so this is short & sweet.From the time I arrived to the time i left the staff was absolutely perfect.Probably 1 of the friendliest staffs that i ever came across.The food was great,hands down the best all inclusive ive ever experienced.I stayed in the oceanfront casita with the swimming pool & I loved it.But best of all the Lupita lounge was the highlite of my stay between the sushi,drinks & Guillermo and staff it was like the icing on the cake.Im a travel agent & I will be recommending LaAmada to any client coming to the cancun area!!!

Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

My husband and I just got back from La Amada for our honeymoon. From the website, I could already tell this hotel was going to be nice, but when we got there we were blown away. Everything is so clean and beautifully decorated, from the lobby, to the lounges, the restaurants, and especially the room. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful, and gave us a short tour of the hotel before we settled into our room.

The room we stayed in was the 2 story casita, which I would absolutely recommend. The room itself is beautiful, but the two different balconies and private pool on the roof really made it extra special. Whenever we ordered room service, it was easy and came no later than 20 minutes. The 3 different restaurants for lunch/dinner were all extremely good... my husband and I tend to have fairly "simple" taste buds, so I would say some of the food was even TOO nice, which would be a perfect thing for couples who love gourmet food. The lunch menu out by the pool and beach was wonderful. I can't express enough how friendly and accommodating the wait staff was during the day at the pool as well as at night at the restaurants. The breakfast buffet had to have been one of my favorites though.... every type of breakfast food imaginable, and if you didn't see something at the buffet you wanted, the chef could make anything you asked for. It also helped that we had the all-inclusive plan, so we didn't have to worry about prices of food or drinks.

La Amada did a great job of letting you know each night the next day's events and forecasts. There were plenty of outside excursions you could set up with the hotel for the next day. Every night there was a musician, singer, or DJ to play background music in the lounge. The sushi bar was a fun surprise too, although don't expect to be able to order all kinds of sushi, they have a pretty limited selection. I took advantage of the spa for a massage, which was probably the best one I've ever had. I paid $140 for 80 minutes, and then was able to access the spa pools and sauna afterwards. Everything was SO professional and wonderful..... thinking about it makes me want to go back!

Although it did rain for the last 4 days we were there and thunderstorm very hard the last day, we still had an amazing trip. If it weren't for the rain, we probably would have left the resort to do an excursion, but the weather kind of prevented us from wanting to leave. When it was sunny though, it was so nice to be out at the big infinity pool or on the private beach. Another thing we really felt was safe, despite so many people worrying about us going to Mexico. This hotel is gated and guarded by 2 different large gates, and no one is allowed in that isn't a guest or an employee of the hotel. I can't stress enough how safe we felt.

Pros:
-gorgeous, luxurious resort
-plentiful food, lots of variety
-the most friendly, wonderful staff
-beautiful room
-pool/beach access best part of trip
-availability of taxis and shuttles

Cons:
-weather, but that was our fault for going in mid-October

I would ABSOLUTELY recommend you and your significant other or family to come here. I only hope I can go back someday soon!

Room Tip: Two story casitas seem to have the most privacy, and the fact you have your own rooftop pool and lou...
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

We went to La Amada for our anniversary. It rained the entire 5 days we were there. But despite this, we had an amazingly wonderful time. The two story cassita was awesome, with elegance and beauty. The food was very very good. The staff is the best part of the trip; everyone very accomodating and always with a smile. They are happy we are there and very willing to help us be happy.

Room Tip: cassitas are more private. two story cassita was all we could hope for
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

I visited this hotel location in August 2011. This is my 3rd time staying at the La Amada at Playa Murjeres, Mexico (Cancun) The service is great, the staff is diplomatic and I would highly recommend it to any one who is looking for relaxation, great service and diplomatic staff. The General Manager and is management team takes the time to let you feel at home. The food is tasteful and presented on the plate that you have no choice to eat it all. Please take the time out and visit if you are looking to go Cancun. The rooms are clean and spacious and the shower area is bigger than any NYC apartment kitchen. Modern decorations and the swim up pool is to die for. This location will always be our first choice. Keep up the good work guys.

Room Tip: Swim up rooms
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Bolingbrook, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

We just got back from our honeymoon and had to boast about our lovey time!!! We stayed 8 nights and Here's our stay in a nut shell and everything the other reviews missed! You really do get what you pay for at La Amada! We stayed in the Oceanview Penthouse suite and it was amazing! We were greated with champagne, and the bell boy Edgar was great with his tour, made us feel like a million bucks. The lobby air is scented! I wanted to bottle the scent! The place was extraordinarily clean and perfect in every way! We had a great view on our terrace, pretty private but not 100% (room 240, which we determined was the penthouse with the best view and most privacy). Our suite was perfect, and very clean. the bathroom space very open and yeah the toilet room not 100% private (door didn't go all the way to the top and just frosted glass) but we had two bathrooms so we used the other for more privacy. Our shower was as big as most americans bathrooms. We could actually see most of the casitas (two story buildings) so those weren't as private as you think, so we were glad we didn't stay in those. The beach was so clean, yes there was sea grass build up but nothing bad, we still swam and the sea grass zambonie came by frequently but it wasn't annoying. There were calm days and wavy days with the ocean. The beach is very private, no one selling you stuff, we walked for an hour and it was beautiful. Some days were better than others as far as service to the beach/pool (drinks and food)but we were just happy they delievered to the beach and pool, not a lot of places do. If you tip well, they remember you:) The food was excellent! and I'm a picky person. a bit of a limited menu, but everything was great! There was only two restaurants open at night plus the sushi bar when we went, but we recommend doing the Isla Grill everynight! And for lunch! Fish tacos were killer! We acutally didn't go to the lupita restaurant. In 8 nights we only had one bad meal, the ribeye at Aroma. Breakfast is a buffet with tons of stuff, unique things and american type things. At any of the meal time restaurants they will custom make anything for you, they were so accomodating. Did I mention the blood mary bar at breakfast??? We had room service too, avoid the burger, but having gauc and chips on the terrace was fabulous! Service in general is a little slower than in the states, I think thats just the mexican way, everywhere is going to be more laid back than the states where we'll all hussle and bussle. But you're on vacation, where do you have to be in a hurry???? just sip your drink and relax! oh and the napkins are like 1000 thread count, ahh mazing! Drinks were amazing too, try the Dirty Monkey. The grounds were super clean. Its was super super quiet! If you're looking for a party seen, this ISN'T IT! The first hour were were there we didn't even see anyone! There were no kids the first 4 days were were there, then a few showed up but it was still quiet. No fight for beds by the pool or beach loungers. LIve music at the bar everynight (jazz flute, to sax, to singing, to cuban band). but we couldn't hear it from our room. The bar serves sushi everynight, it's fantastic! Though if they have a social thing going on, like tequilla tasting or mojito tasting, then sushi serving doesn't start until later. All the staff are fantastic and extrememly freakin nice! Everyone knows english very well. The pools are crystal clear. Warning: the jacuzzi's are cold! The pictures online don't do the place justice at all! The spa is great, the Aqua Vida is okay, comes with all spa services, just a series of water sprays and sauna, but I got the mud massage and body scrub, very happy with it but was looking for something a little more deep in my massage. You do get a paper undie and bra to wear for the spa services. There are tons of things to do if you want as far as excursions but we just did snorkling thru the Aqua world booth on the beach, $50 ea person, took you to Isle Mujeres to two spots, bout 2 hours long with travel by boat, just perfect, we weren't looking for an all day adventure. Travel to the ruins, like Tallum is 2 hours by van, and those trips leave at 7:30am back by 6:30pm. We did the all inclusive and definitely got our monies worth in food and drink, I feel like all we did was eat while we were there. ****Very important! It is much cheaper to upgrade to all inclusive after you get there than on line!!! You did have to give them your room card and sign for everything but that wasn't annoying to us. On the beach/pool they made a tab for you and you did it at the end. Overall we had a perfect vacation! and we will be back!!! The only things I might gripe about slightly was the bed, it wasn't the most comfortable, kinda firm, and I kinda expected better sheets but these weren't deal breakers. Also, I wish the air cond. coulda gotten a bit colder. PS visit Yolanda at Isla grill for dinner, she is amazing, so sweet and so funny!!!

Room Tip: Room 240 Penthouse is the way to go!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Beloved Hotel? Share your experiences!