“will be back” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Beloved Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Beloved Hotel to your Saves list
The Beloved Hotel
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Condominio Playa Mujeres, Playa Mujeres 77400, Mexico (Formerly La Amada Hotel)   |
Offers & Announcements
Up to 25% off room rate
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Playa Mujeres
Chicago, Illinois
“will be back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

My husband and I stayed at La Amada with our three year old son. We loved it! Very cool/modern atmosphere with a total laid back vibe. The rooms were just wonderful, very spacious. The food was fantastic, especially the breakfast - it was fun to see what fruit was featured every morning. Drinks were so very good - try the tamarind mojito - seriously the best drink ever! We did end up ordering room service for dinner quite a bit as we were pretty beat from spending all day at the beach. Speaking of the beach, lunch on the beach is fantastic - you have to try the fish tacos - I dream of these - best tacos I have ever tasted!

It's as private or social as you want your stay to be. We met a few great folks while hanging out in the pool by the swim up bar. The beach is very private - easy to swim out.

This is a child friendly resort, but that doesn't mean it encourages kids to run like wild people. Children definitely need to behave as there are most guests are there w/o children. We were never made to feel uncomfortable by anyone for having a toddler around. It's a really nice option as we don't want all of our vacations to become Disneyland just b/c we have a little guy with us.

The spa is fantastic. There is a special every morning that is delivered to your room, I never had a problem scheduling - and of course try the water treatment.

We are planning on visiting again this spring, absolutely cannot wait! You won't be disappointed with your stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

1,664 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (522)
  • Korean first
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

My husband and I had a wonderful vacation at La Amada. The staff was very attentive, the room was luxurious and the food was delicious! The whole experience was perfect. I even went to the spa for a massage and left 3 hours later in a relaxation coma. I wish we could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: We booked the junior suite with the jacuzzi, it was perfect.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011 via mobile

For our honeymoon my wife and I chose to stay at the beautiful spa resort. This choice was by far the best investment we could have made. The staff was very welcoming and always addressed us by name. The view from the room was amazing and the spa... Well let's just say we still have dreams about the wonderful and personal care given to is by the staff.
We highly recommend a stay here and will be fling back again on our 1 year anniversay.

• Stayed July 2011
Carmel, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

If you're looking for rest and relaxation, this is the place. The staff was excellent and always available. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Get the two story rooms for the most privacy for the plunge pool. All inclusive option is worth the...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011 via mobile

As you walk in, you are greeted with a smile and a glass of champagne. The bell boy takes your bags, speaks to you about all the ammenities the resort has to offer. We got to our room, and were amazed on how clean everything was. Spacious, beautiful bathrooms. Outside of our room was a plunge pool and a view of the ocean.

When and if you decide to come, leave everything behind. All your worrys and problems should be left at home... Ok, it's time for me to get off the beach, and get my massage.

• Stayed October 2011
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

My fiance and I traveled here in May 2011 for a wedding. I'd been to Mexico before, and was really looking forward to my first all inclusive hotel trip. I was not disappointed. La Amada was incredible!!! I cannot wait to go back!

We arrived at the hotel and were all immediately greeted with a glass of champagne and cool towel. The staff was incredibly quick for check in and getting us to our room (we were early and the room was ready---nice touch). We headed to the restaurant above the pool bar, and were given recommendations for drinks and food. The waiter came back to the table with our drinks, but asked us to move away from that table as a thunderstorm was coming in and he did not want us to get wet (again, nice touch). Food was insane. SO good. 7 words: fish tacos and party boat of guac. All we needed after a morning of travel.

I can't rate the restaurants, as we were there for a wedding, and our food was provided by the bride and groom at night. Breakfast was at the main buffet (oh my word, best coffee ever). Fresh fruit every morning, coffee in a press, goat milk caramel, etc....so amazing. Lunch was at the restaurant above the pool, also incredible.

We spent the majority of the time on the beach or at the bar in the pool. Drinks were a little watered down, but not badly. We still partied with no problem.

If you're looking for a destination wedding, head to La Amada. BEST WEDDING EVER. SO incredible!! You won't regret it (even if you jump in the pool, like we did.....dresses and all!)

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

We spent seven nights at La Amada at the end of September 2011. In short: this may be the nicest luxury hotel I have ever stayed in. We did the all inclusive package which was terrific. That includes all drinks, food, water, even M&Ms in the mini bar. The junior suite rooms are 965 square feet, and the shower with rain forest sprinklers is huge.
This is the first all inclusive that did not feature buffets... only one at breakfast. There are three restaurants and all sit down experiences, ordering off the menu. The food is just great, but you can't get things like fish tacos or fajitas at night. It's more like Mexican fusion and first class. The fish tacos on the beach were some of the best I have ever had.
My only complaint: the daily cleaning service was a bit slow. One day they didn't get to our room until nearly 3 p.m. and this was in a slow period.
I thought it also needed a larger outdoor bar. The only one I spotted was at the Isla Grill where there were just five seats at the bar. Granted, many of the bars were closed because it was the slow season.
Next door is the Excellence Hotel, a sister project that caters to adults. It seemed more happening and some events at night, but we preferred La Amada because it was smaller (only 109 room) and lower key. ANother benefit: the hotel is only three or four years old so it's practically brand new.
As noted, we stayed in a junior suite which was huge. They have "casitas" closer to the beach with private pools but they were quite pricey. Iif you can afford it, do it.
All the staff spoke passable English and all were pleasant and friendly. Would I go back? Yes. Love this place.

Room Tip: If you are not in a casita, get to a higher level for a better view of the ocean
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Beloved Hotel? Share your experiences!