“Lighthouse Restaurant” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Crews Inn Hotel & Yachting Centre

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chaguaramas
Crews Inn Hotel & Yachting Centre
You added Crews Inn Hotel & Yachting Centre to your Saves list
Point Gourde, Chaguaramas, Trinidad   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Chaguaramas
San Fernando, Trinidad
“Lighthouse Restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

This review has to do with the restaurant only and isn't a reflection of the hotel and its rooms. As a local I have always heard positive things about Crews Inn and its restaurant so I was very excited to take one of my former coworkers out for a farewell dinner. The view is lovely with all the yachts bobbing around and being able to see the sunset from the deck. The chef though needs a bit of a reality check. I don't know if the tastes are more to those who like things bland but there was just something missing. Namely seasoning...my roast beef could have used a little salt not to mention my fiance's swordfish. One of my other colleagues was served fish that was only partially cooked. This isn't a sushi bar.
Also before I started my main course I asked the waitress for a steak knife and she told me that the last time she gave a customer a steak knife the chef reprimanded her. He told her that the meat he cooked is so tender it shouldn't require a steak knife and that she shouldn't insult him by offering it to the customer!!! Really?
I have to admit though, the waitress was extremely attentive otherwise and she was accommodating even though the party had 7 people and we needed separate bills. The thing I couldn't get my head around was that a few of us weren't allowed to order appetizers until the entire party was there. What is going on with the kitchen? They can't handle just sending out some appetizers for starving people in case the other guests are late? I was told to satisfy myself with the bread rolls.
Also I know that I made the reservation on the same day and I can't expect the best seats in the house but our round table that could have seated 8 people was right next to the serving station. So the waitresses kept bumping into our chairs or having to pass behind us to get their jugs of water or plates or cutlery etc. I find that really inconvenient and irritating.
Call me picky but I have mixed feelings about Lighthouse. I think maybe I need to go for brunch to have a different opinion.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Port of Spain, Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

My hubby and I booked a one night stay at Crews Inn Hotel for the New Year and we were glad we did! Upon checking in, we were able to get a free upgrade to one of the "renovated" rooms as the hotel is in the process of a total interior makeover. (As this being said, be sure to inquire about these rooms if you're planning to stay here, it's definitely worth it!) Nevertheless, the views from the room are breathtaking, very peaceful and serene. Great for couples, even for families since there is a kids play zone and a spacious BBQ grill on the property. After settling in, we took a nice evening stroll to Caffe Del Mare -- the Cherry Cheesecake is heavenly. Since the pastries opened our appetite, we decided to have dinner at the Lighthouse Restaurant that same night. I had the fried calamari and the grilled chicken breast with penne pasta, unfortunately my pasta went from warm to cool really fast, but I trust this was due to the open venue, very breezy! The next morning, we dined in for our complimentary breakfast, not much choices, but still satisfying. I did not get a chance to swim at the pool because the weather was a bit cool, so was the water. I thought the pool was heated judging from a previous review. We really would have loved to stay an extra night but we both had to head back to work the next day. However, Crews Inn hotel is definitely a quaint little getaway, a home away from home.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Metairie, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Working over there & landing in the Port of Chagarumas every now and again. The people are so friendly and attentive everything is great the rooms clean and what ambience. I am definitely seeing me taking my wife and girls to return and who knows!

Room Tip: The ones with a back door facing the bay, pool, jacuzzi.... Will not regret!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Port of Spain, Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

My family and I decided to stay to get away and could not have chosen a better place to do so than Crews Inn, excellent service from start to the end of out stay, when we first got to our room the AC was a little warm, called and technician was there so quickly it really set the tone for the rest of our stay, the kids absolutely enjoyed every inch of the hotel, from the excellent buffet breakfast to almost all day swimming in a pristine pool. housekeeping was another highlight we return to a well cleaned room and fresh towels, staff was always pleasant and willing to help, at the lighthouse, they made us feel more than welcome asking ever so often if we were alright and needed anything, love it thanks soooo much. we spent two night wanted to stay an extra day, unfortunately my husband had to work so we had to leave. but will surely make Crew inn one of my best option for StayCation.

Room Tip: Top floor of the newly renovated rooms as you get a better view of the pool and surroundings.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Chaguanas, Caroni, Trinidad and Tobago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

My family and I stayed in one of the upgraded rooms. It was beautiful. The hotel is nestled right on the water front which makes for a very picturesque view. We thoroughly enjoyed the pool, the water was warm from early morning till late at night. All staff personnel we encountered were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast at the lighthouse was quite delicious with an array of choices. were a bonus. A truly relaxing and enjoyable getaway. We are already planning our next trip.

Room Tip: Great view from rooms on the second and third floors.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

This hotel is marvelous. We especially enjoyed the location and scenic view next to the water and the boats. The kids thoroughly enjoyed the pool as it was always warm. The next day we had breakfast at the restaurant which was quite enjoyable.

The room was immaculate and all the staff we came into contact with were quite friendly.

We would definitely recommend this Hotel and look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Great location view is so relaxing, rooms are very clean, bed is comfortable to warrant more than a one night stay.....the kids had a great time in the pool ..... we went to lighthouse for dinner and it was very good also breakfast the next morning was great wide variety and the staff was very friendly and accommodating to your needs I will def. go back! The kids had a blast!

Room Tip: Take the rooms that has been refurbished it is worth it!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Crews Inn Hotel & Yachting Centre? Share your experiences!