“What a nice Staycation” 5 of 5 stars

Point Gourde, Chaguaramas, Trinidad   |
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Chaguaramas
“What a nice Staycation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

This hotel is marvelous. We especially enjoyed the location and scenic view next to the water and the boats. The kids thoroughly enjoyed the pool as it was always warm. The next day we had breakfast at the restaurant which was quite enjoyable.

The room was immaculate and all the staff we came into contact with were quite friendly.

We would definitely recommend this Hotel and look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Great location view is so relaxing, rooms are very clean, bed is comfortable to warrant more than a one night stay.....the kids had a great time in the pool ..... we went to lighthouse for dinner and it was very good also breakfast the next morning was great wide variety and the staff was very friendly and accommodating to your needs I will def. go back! The kids had a blast!

Room Tip: Take the rooms that has been refurbished it is worth it!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I went for breakfast with my family at the lighthouse restaurant at crews inn.. Miserable service. I had to go half way through my meal to the front to ask for our drinks (water) , when we had coffee they said there was no artificial sweetener but when I was leaving I saw that each table had equal, they ran out of high chairs for the baby to sit on .. I had to grab it myself when the other guests left. It was not a nice experience and the food was mediocre

• Stayed July 2013
Ft Myers Florida USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Convenient location and a friendly staff. This was my third stay over a number of years and the food in the restaurand has always been good. The rooms are simple and dated, but there were signs of renovation going on. The marina environment and the water views are delightful.

Room Tip: Second & third floor rooms have better views.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Having coordinated a 2-day meeting in April and a 3-day meeting in June, I would recommend Crews Inn as a venue for business meetings/retreats. Our rep Stacey was very attentive and professional, and our attendants Marcia and Sophie gave great service. Kudos to them for their flexibility and ability to accommodate our changes.
Food wise, I enjoyed the Smoked Salmon with Cream Cheese snack, penne pasta with spinach and mushroom and bailey's creme brulee. Portions are ample, even for those with big appetites.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Port of Spain, Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We spent five days at this hotel in December 2012. The waterfront with its restaurants, especially the Lighthouse restaurant, where we had breakfast each morning as part of our stay was really beyond expectations. Generally, the staff are very friendly and customer service was superb.

I found though that it would be a good idea to have lounge chairs on the ground floor for those who just want to relax away from the pool or restaurants. There was one set of chairs, and the majority of times they were occupied by other guests, so they could not be shared.

The hotel has No Smoking signs in the rooms but they certainly are not adhered to by some of the guests. We spent two of the nights stifled by smoke from the room next door and had to use newspaper to block the internal door (most likely this door can open up for larger groups). Although smoking is not allowed inside the rooms it is allowed outside, and as a result you get the full blast of cigarette smoke from persons smoking outside on their balconies on on the ground floor. For this reason I could not spend much time on the balcony.

I suggested to the front desk that management should have a No Smoking Building, since once you are smoking on the compound, non-smokers are still affected, and since I am asthmatic I certainly was panicking throughout my stay.

Do you wonder why I still gave a very good rating? Well, the location, staff and restaurants were second to none and all-in-all I still had a very enjoyable time.

Room Tip: All rooms are well located. However, if you are a non-smoker ensure that you are in a non-smoking bu...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

It's our first time at the Crews Inn Hotel. When we entered the room, ants on the kitchen wall, some ants in the bath room. A lady sprayed the ants and wiped it off, but in a few hours they came back but not as much. We wanted to make coffee or tea but nothing to stir the mixture with. The tv remote did not work and I found the floors had a dirty look to it. There is an ironing board no iron.

There is a refrigerator, a microwave & a kettle in the room. The linings were clean, the beds were fine. There is a huge barbecue pit on the left side of he pool, which is nice. April 18th 2013

The ambiance of Crews Inn we enjoyed. The grass, trees, plants, the pool area and the yachts on the water. My girls enjoyed feeding the fish bread, the fish did not care for fish food. We had the Thursday night buffet that was good again and in the morning buffet breakfast was good as well at the lighthouse restaurant.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Crews Inn Hotel & Yachting Centre? Share your experiences!