“Nice stay...amazing view.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Chaguaramas
Couva, Trinidad and Tobago
“Nice stay...amazing view.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Stayed here for a weekend with a group of bridesmaids. It was a surprise treat for our friend before her wedding. Firstly I must say the staff was very helpful & courteous. They even played along and helped with the surprise.
The rooms were very pleasant. Value for your money. The only thing I disliked is that we got ground floor rooms...so no view :(
The ambiance is what you pay for. The view of the water and the yachting center is unique and pleasant. Its unlike any other hotel around.

The negatives I must mention are the pool and lighthouse resturant.
Being the only bathing area..the pool is crowded and was very dirty during our stay.
Also, service in the resturant was very slow...took alomst an hour to get food. And I still haven't received a drink that I ordered.
Thankfully, there is a lovely cafe that offers pastrys and food that are way cheaper and much tastier. Love that place.
In a nutshell, the view and surroundings are amazing, its worth it...but not for a long stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

61 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
cagaramas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

At first I was very pleased with the relaxing atmosphere and the staff was and still is great. But someone got the idea to rent space to a huge "party" boat. Where once we had a view of the ocean we now see a three level barge. Where once the was some peace and quiet, there now is the sounds of extremely loud music, mic checks, and the loud noise of the crew before and after the cruise at all hours even at three in the morning. The hundreds of people that can be stuffed on the cruise takes hours to load so not only are they blocking the stroll around the grounds but the loud talk. whistling yelling. of so many sounds like a circus at its peak. The hustle is here the noise. the disrespect, make it not so good anymore. There is a sign by the pool that says please sow courtesy to your fellow guests, but apparently this party boat doesn't want or have to. This is a sad state to run a service. Please CrewsInn let the party boat go to a place more appropriate for loud obnoxious partying.

Room Tip: The south side away from the obnoxious party boat is the quiet side
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Trinidad
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

My wife and I vacationed here in May 2012. We were looking for a nice affordable hotel to get some R&R and this is exactly what we got.

Pros
- The hotel is situtated on the waterfront of a yatching center so if you're into boats this is the place
- The pool was really nice, big and well kept
- The room was clean and came with a fridge, microwave and little kitchen sink so you can walk with your own drinks and enjoy it in your room
- The restaurant is walking distance away
- There's small shops available walking distance away so quick shopping is available
- The staff was helpful when checking in
- Lots of dining options available near by (once you have a vehicle)

Cons
- The pool bar wasn't open so if you're swimming don't plan on getting your drink on
- The AC in the room wasn't cooling the room properly, tried to lower it but that didn't help
- The staff at the restaurant was not friendly at all
- The overall service at the restaurant was not good, food took forever to come

Room Tip: When asking for a room ask for a room on the top floor closer to the ocean. Make sure and ask for a...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Trinidad and Tobago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Cruise Inn Hotel is a wonderful option if you want to be in the capital of Port of Spain but away from the buzz of it. it has a nice country feel that is relaxing and beautiful. My time at the hotel was lovely. I stayed in a standard room located on the second floor of the building and there was a fantastic view of the pool, sea and hills. The balcony view was also very beautiful. The room was spacious and clean. I am not sure if there was internet access. The only downside for me was that the beds were a bit uncomfortable and the walls were a bit thin. I heard everything going on in the rooms next door and on the cooridoors.

Upon checking in, the receptionists were extremely polite, helpful and the customer service was great! They even booked a cab for my travel.

There is also the Lighthouse restaurant on the compound. I didn't quite fancy the menu or the daily dishes, but the service was good. I also did not try the breakfast so I cannot give a review on that. There is also a Hilo and several other stores/ eating places on the compound.

A star was lost for a staff member who saw my boyfriend and I walking on the pier and assumed we were loitering in the area that was sectioned for the guests of the Marino. He then proceeded to question us. I thought he was rude and that we were being stereotyped because we were young and of African descent. However, when he realised we were guests of the Cruise Inn hotel, he was more polite. I was highly disturbed but he didn't affect the quality of the room or my stay. I had an excellent stay and I would highly recommend to others.

Room Tip: Higher level floors have a grand view!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is suberbly located at the Marina, nearby dining options are good. A section of the hotel is currently under renovation. The rooms are spacious and all come with a view. One staff member was a bit standoffish to me on the phone when I called to reconfirm my reservation, but once I checked in I had no further service/staff complaints. Room rate also includes breakfast at the Lighthouse restaurant. Good value for money. Pool is open until 10 or 11pm

• Stayed April 2012
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

My stay at this hotel was lovely. The staff was very friendly. It was my anniversary and on hearing this, they gave me a free room upgrade which was fabulous. I took the all inclusive package and all meals were sufficient and fulfilling. The room was nice and clean and had a fantastic view of the sea and hills.
However, my advice, if you take the all inclusive package, please query with the restaurant as to what is allowed in the hotel package because there was a mix up with one of my meals and I had to pay for a couple of items
Otherwise, I will recommend.

Room Tip: Select the deluxe room, its big.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

The Crews Inn is a great alternative if you wish to spend your days in Port of Spain but stay in a hotel away from the capital. The frequent and incredibly cheap maxis take you from the main road direct to Port of Spain in less than 30 minutes. The Lighthouse Restaurant at the hotel is excellent, and the nearby military museum is jam-packed with information.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Crews Inn Hotel & Yachting Centre? Share your experiences!