“I'll remember this weekend forever” 5 of 5 stars

Pretty River Valley Country Inn
S/R 30 - 31 #529742 | RR #1, Nottawa, Ontario L0M 1P0, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Nottawa B&B and Inns
Burlington
“I'll remember this weekend forever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed at the river valley inn on a weekend at the end of november. They received a HUGE snow storm there just before we arrived so everything was completely covered in snow. It was GORGEOUS! It was like a winter wonderland up there. There were horses, and reindeer you could visit. We did some snow shoeing... We stayed in one of the crofts rooms. The room was amazing, it had a beautiful jacuzzi tub, wood burning fire place, huge king size bed. It was very spaceous but very cozy at the same time. The first night we stayed there, we had the fireplace going, we were snuggled up in housecoats (provided), playing games, having wine. It was incredibly romantic..... and then........ My boyfriend got down on one knee and proposed to me!!! It was one of the happiest moments of our lives. We will cherish that memory forever.

The host was really helpful, helped my (now) fiance in making sure the room was perfect for the occasion. They cooked breakfast in the morning in the main lodge... (about 6 small tables, woodburning fireplace...). Everything was very cozy.

If anyone is thinking of having a romantic weekend away with their loved one, this is definitely a place to go. Blue mountain is just 20 minutes away too so many restaurants around, as well as skiing.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple

243 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Toronto, ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2009

We have been coming to the Pretty River Valley Country Inn for 15 years. There is no other place we know that combines the clean air, beautiful surroundings, access to all activities, and wonderful atmosphere, in the way that Linda and Paul have done at the Inn. There is nothing nicer than a day of skiing, hiking, or mountain biking, followed by a relaxing soak in the hot tub. We have made new family friends among other regular guests at the Inn, and I would have to say that we include host Linda and Paul among our friends. And we never get tired of that view out across the valley; it seems new every morning.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Ajax, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2009

Very unique, away from the mainstream, close to nature, extremely relaxing. Beautiful scenery, interesting animals. A place that you could sit and watch your surroundings and be perfectly content. Great hosts, fabulous rooms, incredible surroundings!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2009

We stayed for 2 evenings in a lovely, clean and spacious suite which was so quiet in the evening. Each suite offered a log fireplace. The washroom is a bit small but still has all the amenities and it tastefully decorated. The surroundings are beautiful, as you are located in the mountains with awesome views. This inn also has a hobby farm with reindeers, horses, maply syrup making, ... It is located near the Bruce Trail on the escarpment with easy access to hiking. The breakfasts were delicious and well presented. We sat for breakfast in a room offering a view of the mountain, with the fireplace warming up the room and soft music playing in the background.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
the netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2009

Beatiful accomadation on great location. My girlfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights.
A romantic atmosphere and a breakfast made with love and care will made us come back. We felt ourselves realy at home.

Mark and Karin from the Netherlands

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2009

I had the pleasure of staying at the PRVCI recently and really enjoyed the stay. I travelled with my boyfriend and his family - there were 6 of us. We left Toronto in the evening and had a bit of trouble finding the Inn through a terrible snowstorm, but the representatives of the Inn went beyond the call of duty and actually drove out to meet us on the main road to navigate us in to the Inn (we couldn't see the winding roads past the snow!). When we arrived, the six of us enjoyed relaxing in the lovely living room/common area - we brought lots of snacks/wine etc. and had a great time catching up. The living room has a great selection of board games and DVDs for those who are interested. There's also a cute resident dog there named Angus - he is adorable, friendly, and never really got in the way. The hot tub was great too! It fit all six of us. The beds are incredibly comfy - you sink into the mattress ... it's some special kind of mattress I've never experienced before. It kind of moulds to your body. It's great! The shower in our room was a bit tiny, but no big deal. The breakfasts were AMAZING! Incredible food. We are foodies and enjoyed it all. Buffet style breakfasts over our two days included: home-made french toast, pemeal bacon, some kind of fritatta, home-made scones/muffins, croissants and other breads, lots of fresh fruit and juice, hard boiled eggs, etc. Lots to chose from. If you're a skier or a hiker - this is the place for you. We went on a lovely hike along the Bruce Trail one afternoon - just a short 10 minute drive away. It was beautiful!!

Also, the Creemore brewery is just about a 20 minute drive from the Inn - that was a lot of fun! You can go on a tour and do some tastings.

We also ate at a great restaurant one night.. it was called "First Street Bistro" - on the fancier side ... so good! Excellent service there too. The food was incredible and not too pricey from what I recall.

The staff are incredibly friendly and hospitable - a lovely group of people. I have stayed at many B&B's in Ontario and this was one of the best (though I know it is an Inn, not a B&B). I also left a pair of snowpants at the Inn and they were kind enough to mail them back to me free of charge - I am so impressed with the high level of customer service. I work in PR - I am very picky about these things! They are among the best in that department, that's for sure.

Also of note - I didn't have time to read about it much, but I understand this Inn is supposed to take environmental sustainability quite seriously - definitely something that I see as a bonus.

I would highly recommend a trip out to this lovely Inn.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
Brantford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2009

Linda and Paul are wonderful hosts. Upon arrival, Linda offered us warm beverages and immediately this place had the feel of a cozy home away from home.

Linda was helpful in planning our winter activities and even provided maps of the various trails in the area. So with or without GPS, Linda will certainly make sure you dont get lost!

The grounds even have reindeer which made our post-Christmas stay feel like an extended Christmas. And we even got to practice our Polish, as Paul's parents were down for the holidays. Dziekuje!

The room was very cozy with a fireplace and jacuzzi. Even a small fridge which was is a nice touch if you need to chill your wine.

We even got to take advantage of the seperate hottub, just a short stroll away. With bath robes and winter boots on, (fashion police was no where in sight) we made our way to the hottub and soaked away our troubles...

In the morning the warm breakfast was prepared and was delicous... A perfect start to a day out in the cold of a typical Canadian winter.

Although we stayed in the wintertime, the view from the Inn must be amazing in the other three seasons aswell.

Definetly a place to return.

Hope to you see again Linda and Paul.

Adam & Monika.

• Liked — Location and scenery
  • Disliked — The gravel road...but hey thats what SUVs are for right??
  • Stayed December 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Pretty River Valley Country Inn? Share your experiences!